Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 72 Notre Dame 58

Featured Replies

I hope you don't need GT's opinion for that at this point and time.

 

Maybe not, but I'll take a chance on his reputation.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a stable NBA situation I'd say no doubt. I think there is the same concern I had with Blake about scoring over length which Jones had trouble with against UNC, but NBA teams will salivate over his versatility.

 

Jones also has what I have said is lacking in Harrison Barnes which is a fire about his game. When looking at elite talents, that is something I value at a high level...

 

You can see that Jones has the fire. At this point, it can be a weakness & a strength. He dominated tonight.

 

The only reason people hate either Hansbrough is because they play for the other team. I'd take either one of them every day of the week. But it was nice to see that UK decided to guard in the 2nd half.

You can see that Jones has the fire. At this point, it can be a weakness & a strength. He dominated tonight.

 

The only reason people hate either Hansbrough is because they play for the other team. I'd take either one of them every day of the week. But it was nice to see that UK decided to guard in the 2nd half.

 

I hated Ty Hansbrough because he reminded me of Mark "Mad Dog" Madsen, and...... because he played for UNC during their short run.

Bledsoe and Orton were 1 and done... NO chance Jones is back next year unless there is no NBA.

Bledsoe and Orton were 1 and done... NO chance Jones is back next year unless there is no NBA.

 

Pretty sure there will always be an NBA, owners will flex all they want but too many of them will not risk a lock out.

Good qaulity win for the Cats. I really enjoy watching the Jones kid play.

In a stable NBA situation I'd say no doubt. I think there is the same concern I had with Blake about scoring over length which Jones had trouble with against UNC, but NBA teams will salivate over his versatility.

 

Jones also has what I have said is lacking in Harrison Barnes which is a fire about his game. When looking at elite talents, that is something I value at a high level...

 

Thanks GT,

 

The issues you brought up with lengthy opposition and the current NBA lockout scare is percisely why I wanted your opinion on it. Much appreciative. Jones is a stud. Outside of Kemba Walker, he's playing as good as anyone in the college game, regardless of class right now

Pretty sure there will always be an NBA, owners will flex all they want but too many of them will not risk a lock out.

 

It's the other way around. Too many of them are losing money and they know too many players aren't smart enough to save money. The players were smart yesterday to say one of their demands is getting rid of the age limit. The players have to like the age limit it keeps the veterans around another year longer. They just want to say they gave something up when they are trying to get something in return. As far as Jones going to the NBA. He's likely top 10 right now with a better chance to climb than fall so he's gone. Also Gilchrist needs minutes at his spot so Cal will advise him to leave if he's lottery.

Pretty sure there will always be an NBA, owners will flex all they want but too many of them will not risk a lock out.

 

Because it's never happened before....

I'd take Hansbrough on any team I was starting.

 

Very good win for the Cats.

And one other thing...I hate Ben Hansbrough.

 

Can't say I hate him, but if I didn't know any better I would have thought those were his first three's ever last night.

I love the intensity that Jones plays with. If Cal could get him to be just a little more selective and not force it as much, would be my only suggestion. But I love it.

 

So nice having a team that is consistantly knocking down the deep ball.

 

Harrleson is winning me over.

When they're playing well it's good, but we strugle rebounding at times and often time pick up stupid fouls which really take a tole on the team when you're only about 7 deep.

 

I agree. At times the defense is excellent. But they are young and inconsistent and make stupid plays and fouls all over the place. Cal is coaching this group harder than I have ever seen him coach. The thing people overlook with Cal is he coaches great defense. Last year's team won because of defense as much as anything else. They weren't that good a shooting team but they could shut people down on defense and then they had the go to guys when they needed points. I am not sure this team has the almost unstoppable offensive scorers that last year's team had nor the strength inside, but this team will be a better shooting team than last year's and Cal will have the defense in place at tournament time.

Pretty sure there will always be an NBA, owners will flex all they want but too many of them will not risk a lock out.
The owners and players are too far apart...I say it happens. I read somewhere that given the current state of most teams payrolls that the majority of teams will lose money if the season is played.
  • Author

I would says there is a better chance for a lockout in the NBA than them playing next year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.