December 9, 201015 yr Ben Hasbrough seemed to irk me a bit more than Tyler did. Especially with the reactions he was having after each made shot in the 1st half. I'm glad he stunk it up the 2nd half, thats for sure. Our defense is arguably one of the best in the country. Not even close...
December 9, 201015 yr I didn't think UK play well Defensively the first half. ND was doing what you think UK should be doing getting easy dunks, wide open shots etc. Jones is a monster... I laugh at him a lot though his expressions are hilarious. Knight is kinda getting that killer instinct. I guess I'm just use to the way Wall attack the rim and finished above the rim.
December 9, 201015 yr You can see that Jones has the fire. At this point, it can be a weakness & a strength. He dominated tonight. The only reason people hate either Hansbrough is because they play for the other team. I'd take either one of them every day of the week. But it was nice to see that UK decided to guard in the 2nd half. Wrong, I don't like Ben Hansbrough because he's cocky and runs his mouth to much. Tyler on the other hand I loved watching because he played smart and hard but didn't show boat. Your right Tyler playing for UNC did sting a little bt Ben on the other hand I would dislike.
December 9, 201015 yr I would says there is a better chance for a lockout in the NBA than them playing next year. Agreed. Can you imagine the talent at UK if that were to happen and it caused guys like Knight, Jones, and/or Kanter (if ruled eligible) to stick around another year? I know it's highly, highly unlikely, but just WOW! :eek:
December 9, 201015 yr Agreed. Can you imagine the talent at UK if that were to happen and it caused guys like Knight, Jones, and/or Kanter (if ruled eligible) to stick around another year? I know it's highly, highly unlikely, but just WOW! :eek:#8 would definitely be hanging in the rafters!
December 9, 201015 yr #8 would definitely be hanging in the rafters! Definitely wouldn't be the word I'd use. While UK would have an extremely talented roster, other teams would be loaded as well as they would be able to keep their best players another year as well (provided they aren't seniors).
December 9, 201015 yr Not even close... I should have clarified my statement. Our defense is arguably one of the best in the country when we want to be. We have lapses every now and then on the defensive end but when the kids want to do so, they can lock down teams.
December 9, 201015 yr Definitely wouldn't be the word I'd use. While UK would have an extremely talented roster, other teams would be loaded as well as they would be able to keep their best players another year as well (provided they aren't seniors). Still though, I mean come on. You would have a starting lineup that looks like... Teague Knight Gilchrist Jones Kanter/Davis then have guys like Miller, Liggins, Lamb, Wiltjer, Hood, Poole, and possibly Trevor Lacey or DeAndre Daniels coming off the bench. I don't see too many teams being able to handle that. You can bring chemistry into the equation but Cal is good at getting guys to buy in and not play too much me first ball.
December 9, 201015 yr The defense would be one of the best in the country IF it had a defensive stopper down low. There is no post defense though from what I see. Josh and Eloy can not block or alter shots of opposing bigs. It will hurt is in the NCAA tournament. Also, UK literally never scores in the post. It is also going to be hard to win with basically no inside force on offense of defense. Kanter would be a season changing addition. Lamb, Knight, Miller, and Liggins would see even MORE open three point shots. Free throw shooting needs to improve as well. They looked better last night. If Knight and Jones can shoot about 80%+ from the line, then there will not be many losses this year.
December 9, 201015 yr Still though, I mean come on. You would have a starting lineup that looks like... Teague Knight Gilchrist Jones Kanter/Davis then have guys like Miller, Liggins, Lamb, Wiltjer, Hood, Poole, and possibly Trevor Lacey or DeAndre Daniels coming off the bench. I don't see too many teams being able to handle that. You can bring chemistry into the equation but Cal is good at getting guys to buy in and not play too much me first ball. What I'm trying to say is that we wouldn't "definitely" have it. We would have a great shot at it of course. I'm just trying to say that there would also be some very talented teams as well that would contend for it and have a good shot as well. In this day and age of college basketball, the best team or the team with the most talent doesn't often win it. Kentucky fans should know that from last year's team.
December 9, 201015 yr Came to me who Jones reminds me of from recent years. Blake Griffin. They aren't exactly the same obviously, but I'm seeing in Jones what I saw from Blake early in their freshman seasons... I can buy that comparison. Coming into school Griffin wasn't the big name either but once play started he was of the group of freshman that obvious separated themselves from the pack. Coming in with guys like Beasley, Mayo, Rose, Gordon he wasn't expected to be the game changer he was right away. Same can be said of Jones in this class. Coming in guys like Barnes, Selby, Knight, Irving, Sullinger were the big ticket guys, but so far Jones has exceeded each's play with the exception of Irving. Selby we will see. Both have huge motors and both are very intense in their demeanor. Going hard getting after rebounds, going hard taking it to the goal, I can see some major similarities. Just the overall desire to get to the rim and score, and the desire to block shots and do whatever it is you have to do. Only glaring difference IMO is Jones is obvious the better shooter at this point, and can handle the ball slightly better. Hopefully Jones reminds UK of Blake Griffin in another way, and thats coming back for a sophomore season.
December 10, 201015 yr Refreshing to hear "violent cuts" yet again. Twice, as a matter of fact, in about a five-second time frame. Good ole Jimmy Dykes...
December 11, 201015 yr Came to me who Jones reminds me of from recent years. Blake Griffin. They aren't exactly the same obviously, but I'm seeing in Jones what I saw from Blake early in their freshman seasons... I am not sure who is game totally reminds me of, but his demeanor reminds me of Cousins. I also think it looks like Cal is coaching him a little like he Coached Cousins last year. Cal seems to know how to push Jones Buttons including getting Gotleib to say that he was over rated. Yes I think Cal had some part of that as motivation...if not Gotleib is a big time idiot!!!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.