Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UNC 75 UK 73

Featured Replies

Our youth got to see up close what free throw shooting can do for you. No loss is a good loss but I think alot can be learned from today.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our youth got to see up close what free throw shooting can do for you. No loss is a good loss but I think alot can be learned from today.

 

UK shot a better FT% than UNC. They just couldn't compete down low, and the calls didn't go their way either.

 

They went for over nine minutes without a field goal (and only took 8 shots at all during that period). They just got lazy/scared/tight at the end.

I think Roy out coached Cal. All UNC could do was score in the paint and Cal stuck with the man to man, when zone would have made it more difficult for the Heels.

 

I am a die hard UK fan but I have to agree with you on this. Not just about the zone but imo UNC ran more of a structured offense than UK. I cannot stand R. Wiliams but imo he got Cal on this date. A two point game most of the time comes down to coaches decisions or the lack there of, jmo. UK imo is also hurting bad vs. anyone with a good inside game.

As for "free Enes", I want that as bad as anyone but UK can't just sit back and wait on something that may not happen.

This UK team will be fine, a very young team on the road (a true road game) is going to take it's lumps. By seasons end this will be a very good team. As good as last season? No, that thinking is crazy but the Cats will be a much better basketball team.

No, I do not not think Cal is a bad coach and I don't want him fired, just imo he was outcoached today.

UK will be alright.

Learn and move on.

 

:thumb: Exactly.

We lived on the three pointer for the entire game and the with about eight minutes left in the game we started pounding the ball in the floor and running shot clock. Maybe Coach Cal thought he was going to run out of players.

UK wins by 10 anywhere except Chapel Hill...

 

Tough to win when you play 5 plus the zebras.

We lived on the three pointer for the entire game and the with about eight minutes left in the game we started pounding the ball in the floor and running shot clock. Maybe Coach Cal thought he was going to run out of players.

 

Which he did.

I hope Lamb continues to play the way he did today. Kentucky gets really exploited in the paint for the first time this season.

 

I really thought the Cats would win this one. I was hoping to get a big W in the Dean Dome.

I hope Lamb continues to play the way he did today. Kentucky gets really exploited in the paint for the first time this season.

 

I really thought the Cats would win this one. I was hoping to get a big W in the Dean Dome.

 

Too much foul trouble to win this one. Whether or not that was the fault of officiating will have varying opinions from person to person, but it exposes what will happen to the Cats should they ever encounter that.

 

Lamb was definitely a bright spot.

I think Coach Cal wanted to make it a half court game at the end because of his bench and foul trouble but that may have caused him more foul foul trouble.

The length of Henson was factor against Jones and I don't think this will be the last time it happens since UK lacks a true post presence.

Tough to win when you play 5 plus the zebras.

 

I thought the officiating was fine.

I agree with those who are saying the Cats will be ok. I think they still win 25+ games and win the SEC.

Oh and PLEASE start playing some type of zone Coach Cal!!!!

I thought the officiating was fine.

 

The only thing I remember specifically questioning was their charge/block calls. And that was across the board really. From a "hurt UK" perspective, I thought they were extremely lenient in Zeller sliding into charges.

The only thing I remember specifically questioning was their charge/block calls. And that was across the board really. From a "hurt UK" perspective, I thought they were extremely lenient in Zeller sliding into charges.

 

Those couple calls and I thought Liggins got called for a block when he clearly had position for the charge. Other than that, I thought the officiating was fine. Ohh, I also had a problem with the foul that was called on Knight when Henson was going up for an oop and Knight kind of blocked him out, I though Knight was entitled to his position.

The length of Henson was factor against Jones and I don't think this will be the last time it happens since UK lacks a true post presence.

 

Will Jones play another player with Henson's size and athleticism though? I don't know if he will or not, but I feel like most 6'10" guys he could just shoot over or go around.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.