Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UNC 75 UK 73

Featured Replies

Those couple calls and I thought Liggins got called for a block when he clearly had position for the charge. Other than that, I thought the officiating was fine. Ohh, I also had a problem with the foul that was called on Knight when Henson was going up for an oop and Knight kind of blocked him out, I though Knight was entitled to his position.

 

Yeah, the one on Knight was pretty weak, but overall I'd give that crew (who included one of my all-time least favorite officials, Mike Eades) a B+.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problems with the officiating here.

 

If Jones shows up to play, we win this game easily in my opinion.

 

Tough enviornment for a young team to play in especially against a Carolina team with their backs against the wall. 4 players foul out, and UNC exploited our lack of a big man.

Yeah, the one on Knight was pretty weak, but overall I'd give that crew (who included one of my all-time least favorite officials, Mike Eades) a B+.

 

Yeah, I thought they did a decent job. IMO, you can't really blame the officiating in this one. UNC just dominated down low. UK needs better production out of Harrelson and Vargas against teams like this. Does anyone have Vargas's line for the game. I'm wondering if he even got a rebound today...

 

I think Vargas tries to be the flashy block your shot type of guy when he needs to play for position. If I were him I'd just forget about blocked shots and worry about boxing out and rebounding. IMO, that's the only way he will earn more playing time. Until then, he's just another body to throw out there when Harrelson or Jones gets in foul trouble.

Last 5 mins were just ugly. Not one good shot til Knight knocked down the deuce. Team full of freshman, Jones has a bad game and no Kanter UK will struggle.

I hope these losses wake up the freshman and make them realize they need to stay a few years and better their game.

I hope these losses wake up the freshman and make them realize they need to stay a few years and better their game.

 

Prob is come March they have grown some... enough for the NBA to pay them for the rest of their growing.

I thought the officiating was fine.

I agree with those who are saying the Cats will be ok. I think they still win 25+ games and win the SEC.

Oh and PLEASE start playing some type of zone Coach Cal!!!!

 

I felt like there was a lot of contact from UNC when a UK player started his attempt to drive the lane. I was fine with some of the low-post fouls called on UK, but felt like the officials could have whistled some more on those I mentioned. I think B+ is generous, but I acknowledge I was born with anti-official genes... :sssh:

 

I look at it this way (from my acknowledged UNC/NCAA in bed together conspiracy theory :lol:): it took UNC having a 16-shot free throw advantage, 4 of our top 7 players fouling out, & them having homecourt advantage to beat us by 2 points.

 

Others have stated something similar, but I think we beat UNC on a neutral court by 8-10 pts. At Rupp, we beat them by 14-18 IMO. If they had a point guard, UNC would be MUCH, MUCH better. Just as if UK had a big man (see Kanter, Enes), we'd be MUCH, MUCH better.

The only thing I remember specifically questioning was their charge/block calls. And that was across the board really. From a "hurt UK" perspective, I thought they were extremely lenient in Zeller sliding into charges.

 

I thought they could have easily tagged Zeller on Harrelson's put back. That would have been Zeller's 5th.

 

UNC had a big advantage down low, and the officials gave them more of one. On the perimeter it was pretty well called.

Has any UK fan ever said that the officals gave us that one? I know I have seen that they think the officals lost it for them... :sssh:

Has any UK fan ever said that the officals gave us that one? I know I have seen that they think the officals lost it for them... :sssh:

 

I didn't see anyone placing the blame solely on the officiating. Just calling out a couple of plays that could have changed the influence of the game. From my perpecive, most of us UK fans accepted that the officiating was pretty good. Of course there will be some plays that anyone from any team in a game that was as close as this one could pick out and scrutinize. IMO, this UK lost this game because of a lack of a low post game. UNC did a bang up job on the boards and minimized UK's chances at any second chance put backs. Long story short, this game was won by UNC because they did a better job rebounding then UK did.

Has any UK fan ever said that the officals gave us that one? I know I have seen that they think the officals lost it for them... :sssh:

 

Off the top of my head, @ Mississippi State last year. 10 free throws for us in OT. Zero for MSU. The result was bottles being thrown onto the floor. :sssh:

Wake up Fans, I love my Cats but we have no depth must have Kanter or we will live and die by the Three when we play the Big tough teams that are ranked like UNC!

Go Big Blue!

I was most disappointed with Miller. He started the game out by being fearless and looking to score, he ended the game passive and wanting no part of the offense… Very disappointing IMO…

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.