Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota 72 North Carolina 67

Featured Replies

Duke wins and UNC loses. Great night.

Duke wins and UNC loses. Great night.

 

Beat me to it...However, I was going to say UK wins and UNC loses. Ha Ha. I despise UNC more than anything....well, except UT.

Once again shows you the media love affair with UNC. What other team could go to the NIT, lose its two top scorers & rebounders (Davis & Thompson), along with two other starters (Ginyard & Graves), and come back the next season with a top 10 national ranking?

Nice win by Minnesota. Each year under Tubby Minnesota has gotten better, and I look for it to continue this year.

Nice win by Minnesota. Each year under Tubby Minnesota has gotten better, and I look for it to continue this year.

 

Really?

 

2007-08: 20-14, 8-10 (6th in Big Ten), lost in first round of NIT

2008-09: 22-11, 9-9 (7th in Big Ten), lost in first round of NCAA

2009-10: 21-14, 9-9 (6th in Big Ten), lost in first round of NCAA

 

Looks like a lot of the same to me.

Tubby ball took it to UNC last night.

Once again shows you the media love affair with UNC. What other team could go to the NIT, lose its two top scorers & rebounders (Davis & Thompson), along with two other starters (Ginyard & Graves), and come back the next season with a top 10 national ranking?

 

Kentucky did a pretty good job of that a year ago. Not quite the lineup that UNC had but same concept.

Kentucky did a pretty good job of that a year ago. Not quite the lineup that UNC had but same concept.

 

There was also a completely new staff and #1 (and much larger) recruiting class at UK, but you do have a point.

Great win for the Tubster. I hope that UNC was just overrated. That gives me a lil jag of hope that we can beat em.

Love seeing Minnesota take this one.

Love see North Carolina lose anytime especially to a BIG 10 team.

Hopefully Minnesota can win 20 plus games again this season.

Really?

 

2007-08: 20-14, 8-10 (6th in Big Ten), lost in first round of NIT

2008-09: 22-11, 9-9 (7th in Big Ten), lost in first round of NCAA

2009-10: 21-14, 9-9 (6th in Big Ten), lost in first round of NCAA

 

Looks like a lot of the same to me.

 

Lets see took over a team that had 8 wins the year before. Now he has had 3 straight 20 win seasons with them, and gotten them to the NCAA tournament two striaght years. Now might have a team that can go a little further now this year possibly. So how is that not doing a good job with them. Some of you all need to get over your little grudges about him, and just get over it. The man is a good coach, and one a title here at UK and many SEC titles. When he was an up and coming coach he did good jobs at Tulsa, and then Georgia. He does a good job wherever he goes, so some of you all need to get over it and realize he is a good coach. All I was saying was he was doing a good job, which he is. I didn't say I wish we still had him, because it worked out well for all of us. So what is the point at still trying to find ways to bash him?

Great win for the Tubster. I hope that UNC was just overrated. That gives me a lil jag of hope that we can beat em.

 

It should be a good game, and I definitely think we can win. My only worry will be how our young guys will react playing in their first real tough road environment.

Lets see took over a team that had 8 wins the year before. Now he has had 3 straight 20 win seasons with them, and gotten them to the NCAA tournament two striaght years. Now might have a team that can go a little further now this year possibly. So how is that not doing a good job with them. Some of you all need to get over your little grudges about him, and just get over it. The man is a good coach, and one a title here at UK and many SEC titles. When he was an up and coming coach he did good jobs at Tulsa, and then Georgia. He does a good job wherever he goes, so some of you all need to get over it and realize he is a good coach. All I was saying was he was doing a good job, which he is. I didn't say I wish we still had him, because it worked out well for all of us. So what is the point at still trying to find ways to bash him?

 

I didn't mean it as a bash necessarily. And I'm certainly not holding any grudges. But your original comment said they were getting better every season. I understand that they weren't good when Tubby got there, but the numbers look almost exactly the same for his first three years. If they make significant improvements this season then I will gladly say he's making good strides. But as of right now, it looks like a whole lot of the same in the Twin Cities.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.