Please ship the Cincy WR's out of town!

stick1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd keep T.O. at all costs. He's put up the best numbers during any 5-game stretch that the NFL has seen since 2003... I'd probably even try to throw him the ball more.

I think it's fair to say that the way teams defend 85 opens up opportunities for TO.

Too many opportunites for TO, they wanna think about defending him for now on. Well wait I am a Bengal fan... keep doing what your doing other teams!

To be fair to Chad, and I'm a critic of his, he's getting the double coverage so his opportunities probably have been limited. However, he has to capitalize when he gets them. He can't wait for a pass to come to him like he did on an early 3rd down play and give the DB time to react.

To be fair to Chad, and I'm a critic of his, he's getting the double coverage so his opportunities probably have been limited. However, he has to capitalize when he gets them. He can't wait for a pass to come to him like he did on an early 3rd down play and give the DB time to react.

It would help if #85 put forth effort when running his routes.

Chad has gotten double coverage for much of career, but was good enough to get separation and find seems and didn't wuss out going over the middle. I'm sure the double teams are an issue now, but moreso is the problem that he has simply lost too much speed, runs lazy routes, and can't even get away from coverage. Chad's schtick was funny when he was an elite receiver. It's tired and annoying now.

Not that it has anything to do with the WR topic, but I am utterly amazed at the Bengals' (Bratkowski's) refusal to use the tight end for anything more than a 5-7 yard crossing route. It is literally stunning that he refuses to send a TE like Gresham on a downfield route. Wasn't that the biggest reason he was drafted? We had plenty of TE options that could handle 5-yard routes. We didn't need to waste a high pick on Gresham if all he is going to do is duplicate Coats, Foschi, Kelly, etc....

I've pulled for Cincy for 25 or so years. I decided going into this year I am not going to get worked up over them until they get rid of the cancers on their team and build around character. Boy was it a lot easier to watch MNF with that attitude!

CHAD JOHNSON is a JOKE!!!! I don't know how anybody that has ever played football can defend this clown. I could care less what he does off the field on it he is a cancer. He underperforms and is overhyped. He pouted around as Palmer was getting the snot knocked out of him. He alligator armed the ball himself. He cried on the field so much his own teammate Whitworth had to basically tell him to shut up and play (I would have loved to see Whitworth knock him out). Then Mr. look at me gold shoes pouted like a 1st grade youth kid would by walking off the field. Are you serious you are just going to walk off the field in the NFL because you are mad :lol: What a joke!

TO at least performed last night and has all year. I was very impressed with him holding on and jumping up after the shot from Polamolu. As if CJ wasn't bad enought though TO had to pout coming off the field. Then while Palmer is talking to his position coach TO sat right over his shoulder which no WR does. News flash the Pitt defense is pretty tough on QB's both physically and mentally. When you have two prima donna WR's crying and being selfish on top of it then I don't know what people expect out of a QB.

Palmer has been bad. He's got an offensive coordinator who isn't very good. He isn't the QB he was but for the love of Pete trying to appease the babies on the outside is out of control. Greshem was open several times the other night. Palmer needs to get in the side shows face like a Phillip Rivers would but it's not in him I don't think. I think Marvin is ready to get the heck out of town too. He's tired of the act. I look for Marvin, Chad and TO to be gone next year.

I agree with the stuff about Chad. However I think you are really reaching on the stuff you said about TO in your post. I am guessing you didn't like the Bengals signing him, so your trying to find something to say about him. I mean you are upset with him, because he was upset after a very tough lost when they were 4 yards away? I mean who would not be upset about that, I would have been more worried about him if he came of the field smiling because he had a good game. It shows that he did care about winning the game, and not just his stats. Then what are you getting so worked up on about him looking over pictures with them. Are you a NFL coach, or something and know that is not a allowed? There is nothing wrong with that at all. I personally thought it was good that he went over and started looking over things with them. There was nothing wrong with that, you were just reaching for something to find there.

Not that it has anything to do with the WR topic, but I am utterly amazed at the Bengals' (Bratkowski's) refusal to use the tight end for anything more than a 5-7 yard crossing route. It is literally stunning that he refuses to send a TE like Gresham on a downfield route. Wasn't that the biggest reason he was drafted? We had plenty of TE options that could handle 5-yard routes. We didn't need to waste a high pick on Gresham if all he is going to do is duplicate Coats, Foschi, Kelly, etc....

I completely agree. You see other TE's get used to stretch the field, but we never send him down the middle on long passes or anything.

I agree with the stuff about Chad. However I think you are really reaching on the stuff you said about TO in your post. I am guessing you didn't like the Bengals signing him, so your trying to find something to say about him. I mean you are upset with him, because he was upset after a very tough lost when they were 4 yards away? I mean who would not be upset about that, I would have been more worried about him if he came of the field smiling because he had a good game. It shows that he did care about winning the game, and not just his stats. Then what are you getting so worked up on about him looking over pictures with them. Are you a NFL coach, or something and know that is not a allowed? There is nothing wrong with that at all. I personally thought it was good that he went over and started looking over things with them. There was nothing wrong with that, you were just reaching for something to find there.

If I remember correctly Stick didn't like alot of the moves. He wanted the Bengals to go after some character guys, and I can't say that I blame him. TO has been good for Cincy this year, but they are 2-6 so it's hard to say that he's helped a whole lot even though he's produced like crazy. I don't think you can blame someone for not giving TO the benefit of the doubt, he's just messed up too many times in the past.

As for looking at the pictures, it looked innocent enough, but it doesn't happen alot on NFL sidelines. Maybe TO was just trying to help, but I don't see how you could blame someone if they were worried that he was starting to pull another TO incident.

Chad has gotten double coverage for much of career, but was good enough to get separation and find seems and didn't wuss out going over the middle. I'm sure the double teams are an issue now, but moreso is the problem that he has simply lost too much speed, runs lazy routes, and can't even get away from coverage. Chad's schtick was funny when he was an elite receiver. It's tired and annoying now.

Well said...:thumb: