Please ship the Cincy WR's out of town!

stick1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They snapped it with 4 secs left. How would he think there would be any time left. Besides I don't see him "thinking" in general. I think he thought the heck with this, I'm not taking another shot today.

Because it was a quick slant, maybe. Trying to give him the benefit of doubt. His effort shouldn't be questioned today, IMO.

Chad tried hard today and TO didn't. Has not been that way all season long. Carson wanted TO remember.......Marvin lost this team years ago, when on Monday Night football near the end of the first half..Chad and Carson had a disagreement. Marvin has always been too soft, but remember in 2009 he was coach of the year. Seriously in the history of the NFL has there been a coach to coach the same team 8 years without winning a single playoff game? And as for Carson-he is simply not a leader.

Believe in Marvin, Chad and Carson all you want, but the time for a change is here...........

I agree with the stuff about Chad. However I think you are really reaching on the stuff you said about TO in your post. I am guessing you didn't like the Bengals signing him, so your trying to find something to say about him. I mean you are upset with him, because he was upset after a very tough lost when they were 4 yards away? I mean who would not be upset about that, I would have been more worried about him if he came of the field smiling because he had a good game. It shows that he did care about winning the game, and not just his stats. Then what are you getting so worked up on about him looking over pictures with them. Are you a NFL coach, or something and know that is not a allowed? There is nothing wrong with that at all. I personally thought it was good that he went over and started looking over things with them. There was nothing wrong with that, you were just reaching for something to find there.

I've been around championship football a lot over the years. It will never be a me sport. It is the ultimate team sport. Cincy goes after too many guys that put themself first bottom line in my book. They will have a hard time ever winning consistantly when the continue to go after players that care more about themselves then their teammates.

I actually like T.O. off the field. If anybody has ever seen how he grew up it's hard not to feel for somebody that's battled that kind of home life as a kid. I've always thought he was a passionate football player. He works hard. I just think his ego is like pouring gasoline on a terrible out of control fire. I don't have a problem with him being upset about a play. My problem is that players talk to their position coaches to work out kinks. T.O. instead of letting Palmer talk to his coach was a burden over his shoulder instead of talking to his own coach. After they had talked it would be fine to sit down with each other and talk (which happened). Put yourself in Palmers shoes. You have a pathetic coordinator. The oline isn't great especially when they don't run the ball well. You have 1 WR showing you up on the field and walking off the field when he isn't happy. You have another WR showing you up on the field and in your ear while you + your coach are trying to work things out. You've got them both craving the ball and attention. It's just a bunch of added pressure that wouldn't be there with true pros like A. Johnson, L Fitz, R White, M Austin and the other top notch WR's in the league. Cincy's WR's fall in line with the B Marshall type of me first ego's.

I think that is the first time I have ever seen TO give up.

I don't blame him! You bust your rear end off so far this season and the team finds a way to lose, not one way but many ways per game, this team fell apart a few games ago and it's only going to get worse. But as soon as he has one or two bad plays people want to blame him! Some want to blame TO, or Chad, or Carson, That is NOT the problem! Marvin is a push over and I think the players lost confidence in him a while ago, and the entire team knows what we all have been saying for a few years, that the O coordinator is a joke! Even if the players happen to be on the same page once in a while, he will find a way to screw it up with his play calling. And Marvin's challenges? He can not be serious on most of them! This goes much deeper than a player or two.

• 11 months later...

Chad Johnson+TO 9 catches AJ Green 29+4 TD's. Bengals are winning. The me first guys were run off. This during a season that the Bengals are supposed to be rebuilding. Futurecoach now maybe you see what I'm talking about getting rid of me first guys + bringing in winners that produce like Dalton+Green. Big difference in those guys+the one's cut loose.