The Walking Dead (Spoiler Alert)

Daryl is slowly becoming winning me over as my favorite, he is real cut and dried, and is starting to be kind of a team player. Good soldier, I would say that he ends up getting killed though.

Daryl is the man. He has been my favorite for most of the series. I don't understand how someone couldn't like him. I will be soooooo mad if they kill him off.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the little girl returns as a walker. I do think she resurfaces one way or other.

Before last nights episode I would never in a million years think she turns into a walker. After the last scene with Shane, I think anything is possible. They are definitely setting him up to be the bad guy. They wouldn't have made Otis so likable if they didn't want the viewers to think of Shane as the bad guy.

2 things to ponder. Is Shane a bad guy? Did he do it to save himself or did he do it to save Carl?? Also if we have been discussing why these walkers do what they do, any chance Otis or any other dead characters come back to haunt one of the ones alive?

I was just thinking about that. I wonder if Otis will have some sort of "instinct" to get him back to the farm where Shane will be shocked to see him?

I like the scene with Daryl and Andrea in the woods last night, too. I think that was a nice touch to have a walker hanging from a tree :lol:

I just don't think there is any thing left of Otis....

I can't believe Shane turned out to be the bad guy. I agree - Daryl is turning out to be a good character for the whole series. Perhaps a relationship for him and the blonde girl? Merle will be back - maybe he finds the little girl?

I can't believe Shane turned out to be the bad guy. I agree - Daryl is turning out to be a good character for the whole series. Perhaps a relationship for him and the blonde girl? Merle will be back - maybe he finds the little girl?

Mixed feelings. Even from last week I kept thinking that the only way out of that mess to get what was needed to save Carl was for Otis or Shane to become "Walker Food". Hate Shane for what he did to Otis. But really--how many options did he have? They both die by Walkers, the both come back empty handedto flee the Walkers, or one becomes the sacrifice.

So I guess were seeing good cop(Rick) bad cop(Shane) theme going? Last nights episode was GREAT!

Basically Shane was the guy that had to deal with everything that went down after the outbreak first hit. That process changed him. The one solace he had was Lori. When Rick came back, he lost that one good thing and he's been hanging by a thread ever since. Rick was able to keep his ideals because he hadn't gone through everything yet.

Basically Shane was the guy that had to deal with everything that went down after the outbreak first hit. That process changed him. The one solace he had was Lori. When Rick came back, he lost that one good thing and he's been hanging by a thread ever since. Rick was able to keep his ideals because he hadn't gone through everything yet.

Good angle on the situation.

I'm really enjoying this. I've read the entire comic book series -- or at least as much as has been released to this point -- and I still have no idea what's going to happen. I love that. I understand the concept of being loyal to original work, but with Robert Kirkman himself writing the series, he gets to still shape this universe while giving all of us who are fans of the books the opportunity to see the show in the same way -- where absolutely anything can happen. Heck, half this thread is people talking about how great Daryl is and that character doesn't even exist in the books. (I agree with that assessment by the way; he's the best character in the show right now.)

^Daryl may get killed off, as some have surmised, but I don't think it will be any time soon. In the second episode of Talking Dead, Kirkman spoke of how he loved having that character in the story. Because he wasn't in the comic, it gives him a wild card to change things from the original story. I expect him to stick around for a while. Of course, that doesn't mean it would surprise me if he got killed next week. To be honest, other than Rick (and probably Karl), nobody's death would surprise me much.

What Shane did seems reprehensible at first glance, but the great thing about this show is watching how the characters respond to and deal with this new world and the horrific decisions they are sometimes faced with. As noted, if Shane hadn't wounded Otis, three people are likely dead as a result. Only one person died his way. So, was he wrong? In a world where the dead walk, it may not be so black and white.

One thing I didn't understand is why they wasted time turning around to shoot. All that could accomplish was to slow them down, because they obviously weren't going to kill all the walker, or even enough of them to make a getaway possible. Not to mention how unlikely it was that they'd actually score a head shot trying to shoot in that situation. They should have just put their heads down and ran for it. But, it's a TV show. I get it.

Wonder what is going to happen this week.

I think the most intriguing thing to me is not the walkers and their encounters with them, but other living people. You never know if they're going to be cutthroats, nice, crazy, or something else. From the preview, it looks like Hershel tells them to move on as soon as they can, so even the niceness has a limit.