Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton Verona/Frankfort Predictions

Who Wins This Game? 49 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

WV will score some points, but their defense seem to have trouble with speed and will give up a lot of pts. I would love nothing more than to be in Ft Mitchell next week, but I'm afraid a trip to Frankfort is in the near future.

 

Not on the Dirty 30......:taz::taz:

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brossart had major issues on both sides of the ball - we couldn't move it, and we couldn't stop them from moving it.

They created holes in our line and we didn't do a very good job of tackling in the secondary. They are very, very, quick.

The Panthers run an offense similar to Walton's and can hurt you from several different directions.

My heart says Bearcats, but my head definitely says Frankfort!

Should be a good game.

This will get you close.

 

715 Dabney St

Exit 53-B off of I-64. Puts you on North 127. Stay on it all of the way down to the Kentucky River.

Take the last exit prior to crossing the Kentucky River. You will see the lights.

Exit 53-B off of I-64. Puts you on North 127. Stay on it all of the way down to the Kentucky River.

Take the last exit prior to crossing the Kentucky River. You will see the lights.

 

Just get off at 53 B and ask the people at the shell station where Coach Tommy Acklin :popcorn: is selling popcorn and they will point you in the right direction. Frankfort rolls again by 30 plus. Bring on the Beechies!!

Edited by corners in
spelling

Just looking at the WV roster. They have some big guys. I see one list 6'8 260lbs. That kid is a monster.

Can we get a poll added to this one please.
Got it. :thumb:

The Bearcats can win this game. They just have to stay focused, avoid mistakes and play with all they've got. They've been surprisising people all season, and if they play their best game, they'll keep right on winning! :thumb:

  • Author
Just looking at the WV roster. They have some big guys. I see one list 6'8 260lbs. That kid is a monster.

 

There are two of that size on Walton's line.

By the way, congratulations to both Frankfort & WV for first round playoff wins.

 

I've been to every Brossart game this year (and in years past), including the Walton game. I've seen Walton twice this year. I was at Frankfort on Friday night (and at Frankfort last year for Brossart's playoff game). Frankfort is quick. Walton will need to do a much better job of tackling then Brossart did and limit (notice I didn't say stop but limit) the big plays. I did think Brossart had modest (very modest) success on offensive when they simply ran the power runs (tight-end and fullback both blocking). If Walton can tackle and limit the big plays (which I'm not really sure they do very well) and control the ball and the clock by running a power running game (which I'm confident Walton can do), I think this will be a close game. In the end, I think Frankfort will win - but I think it will be close. One more thing, it does appear that Frankfort gets quite a few costly penalties (so that could be to WV's advantage). Because Brossart and Walton's programs are new, my heart is with Walton. Go Bearcats.

 

I think the stadium is on either Benson Street or Kentucky Avenue and I think the name of the Stadium is something like Sower Field. I did a google map and the direction were spot on (although we went down I-71 to US 127 south and I think this is a much quicker way to get there. US 127 isn't a bad drive.

There are two of that size on Walton's line.

 

How did you find those two?

Directions to Sower Field

 

Take 75 through Georgertown.

Take 64 West to Frankfort

Take Exit 58.

That puts you on US 60. Stay on US 60 and don't turn until you get to down town Frankfort.

Once you are downtown you will see the Capital Plaza Tower on your left. Turn right at the light (That is US127 South)

Once you go over the bridge make the 1st Right you will merge on to Benson Ave. Follow until it dead ends

Make a left.

Go 1/2 block you will see Bellepoint Baptist Church on your left. Turn in there parking lot. The field is behind the church.

 

If you get lost ask some one How to get to Bellepoint.

  • Author
How did you find those two?

 

We are lucky I guess.:D

Also, FHS's special teams are superb. WV needs to be solid there or the Panthers won't need help from their own offense.

Did a strength of schedule comparison, is shocked to see WV only beat Gallitan by 1 point in opening game, but it is opening week, things don't really shape up until around week 4 or 5.

 

I am interested in seeing this game, im guessing WV is a Northern KY team, as is Brossart, Dayton, Bellevue, Beechwood etc. Nothern KY teams have the will to come to your stadium and simply just pound it and throw linemen around.

 

Frankfort was, IMO 2 inches away from the 3rd round last year taking a minor loss to Bellevue.

 

I analyze a lot of stats and teams who play teams who play teams and who Frankfort has played and etc.

 

With that being said....speed can't always win you games......Frankfort has defense and talent and more than just 2 or 3 leaders on the field and a great coaching staff, not taking anything away from WV but I think that Frankfort will win this one by 2 or 3 TD's.

 

Good luck both teams. But Frankfort needs to not put their heads down and be looking forward to the Tigers next Friday, they need to take care of business this Friday and worry about this Friday only

How did you find those two?

 

Home grown I guess :idunno:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.