Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Falcons 39 Bengals 32

Featured Replies

You're exactly right. We started going for 2 in the 3rd quarter. Why?

 

Chase points when you absolutely need to. Isn't that pretty much an unwritten rule among football coaches? I was frustrated when they did that. Let the game play out a little. They did that with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well? Great is the word not well

 

Carson was ON today. However, I'd just love to see some consistency out of him. He hasn't shown consistency in a long time. IMO, the main reason for that is inconsistent pass protection. I don't think Carson is comfortable with his offensive line at all. The weapons/talent are there in the skill positions, but the o-line leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

 

And my goodness, what happened to last year's defense???

One of these days people are going to realize when you build your house on a shakey foundation you are asking for trouble. Cincy has gone out year after year and gotten players that are me first type of guys. There's a reason why teams like the Pats, Colts, Pitt are consistant. Great QB's along with team oriented players. I've said it all along with the Bengals. Obviously Brown is a joke but when you go get guys that are all about themselves first (I'm not talking a player or two I'm talking a lot of guys that have a record of character flaws) then what happens when the pressure is on. Pressure cracks pipes!

In Cincy's defense this week Atl is very very tough to beat at home since Matty Ryan has been there.

Bengals gotta get a pass rush. Geathers hasnt done anything since his contract year, Odom ahs battled injuries who knows at what level he can play at now.

Carson was ON today. However, I'd just love to see some consistency out of him. He hasn't shown consistency in a long time. IMO, the main reason for that is inconsistent pass protection. I don't think Carson is comfortable with his offensive line at all. The weapons/talent are there in the skill positions, but the o-line leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

 

And my goodness, what happened to last year's defense???

 

Carson was a monster when he had a very good line. His line right now isn't good. When he gets time to throw the ball and the idiot 85 runs the correct routes Palmer is very good.

CP is far from the problem. Anyone who thinks he's terrible is blind. CP is a top 12 QB. Not top 5. But top 12 for sure. Anyone who disagrees needs help. That is all.

 

His passer rating going into yesterday was 25th.

Carson played well this game. I'll give him credit. I'm dumbfounded at how incompetent our defense was today. They couldn't have stopped Boise State today.

 

Joseph out did not help. Not sure the impact of Williams not being out there also? The fact that the LBs are horrible in pass coverage, probably hurts with safety help on a guy like White, but my god, when do you commit to just taking that guy away with the double team? The Bengals are as undisciplined as a team can be. Falls squarely on coaching. 5 wins tops this season, and hopefully a shakeup from HC on down. And with Brown in charge, that really won't make a difference.

His passer rating going into yesterday was 25th.

I'd imagine it will rise after this week. I agree with earlier post, on his inconsistency. If i were CP though, I think I would demand a trade and at least attempt to play for a team that has a chance to do something. He has no chance here, and his window of opportunity is closing rather quickly.

Bengals now 1-5-1 after bye week... Gotta Regroup and get back on track.

His passer rating going into yesterday was 25th.

 

Does yesterday not count?

 

I'd love to know what it would be without the drops.

I really don't think Carson is the whole problem maybe 15%...65% is on Defense, Teams are averaging 23.5 points a game.

CP is far from the problem. Anyone who thinks he's terrible is blind. CP is a top 12 QB. Not top 5. But top 12 for sure. Anyone who disagrees needs help. That is all.

 

Top 12 QB? Ok. He has one good game and you are ready to crown him. He's been closer to one of the worst 12 starting QBs this season than one of the best, and anyone who isn't drinking the Kool-Aid or riding the short-bus could tell that.

 

72% 3 scores 410 yards no picks. CCC where are you??? Chirpy, chirpy? No chirpy...

 

Fantasy basketball draft and I was teaching a class this morning. And it's been made clear to me that I'm not welcome to comment in Bengal forums so I was going to stay out of this.

 

And calling me out when Palmer has one good game is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. When have I ever not showed back up? Search and search............

 

Oh and I forgot that I'm ignoring you. I'm not listening, I'm not listening, I'm not liste.....

 

He can't jump in. His entire argument is terrible.

 

And what is your argument? People that don't think Palmer is good are stupid? Arguing about Palmer with Bengals fans is about as senseless as me buying a wedding ring for Jessica Alba. I don't expect the apologist to change their stance from what I say, but if and when I catch you or some of the others changing your tune I'll be sure to remind you about all of this.

  • Author

And what is your argument? People that don't think Palmer is good are stupid? Arguing about Palmer with Bengals fans is about as senseless as me buying a wedding ring for Jessica Alba. I don't expect the apologist to change their stance from what I say, but if and when I catch you or some of the others changing your tune I'll be sure to remind you about all of this.

That just simply isn't even close to true since about 90% of them agree with you.

That just simply isn't even close to true since about 90% of them agree with you.

 

I used the wrong word choice there. I didn't want to say apologist twice. I've noticed that many of the fans on here feel the same way that I do, my mistake.

Yeah, but you are ripping like 1% of Bengals fans and making it seem like everyone thinks he's great. Most fans think he's terrible now. He isn't. When he gets time he's really good. Sure he makes some bad throws, but his receviers run terrible routes and drop passes too. I watched some teams yesterday that have terrible QB's. Palmer isn't one of them. He's not elite either though. I agree with you though that some apologists think he's elite and they're hard to deal with, but so are the people like you on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.