Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Falcons 39 Bengals 32

Featured Replies

  • Author

Carson's numbers project out to 4531 yards 27 TDs and 16 INTs at his current pace.

 

 

Compared to last years final numbers of others that would put him..

 

2nd in yards

Tied 8th for TDs

Tied 7th in INTs

16th in Comp %

  • Replies 86
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Numbers only tell half of the story for a QB. Matty Ice has been big at the end of games for most of his brief career. I don't remember the last time CP made a big play at the end of a game, though he may have against the Ravens this year. It was probably at some point last year.

 

I'm not going to talk about Palmer or the Bengals for at least two weeks. Please don't bring me in to the posts during this time, I don't want to respond. Let's see how everyone feels in two weeks, maybe I'll have changed my tune by then as well.

 

Carson had 7 game winning drives last year.

Numbers only tell half of the story for a QB. Matty Ice has been big at the end of games for most of his brief career. I don't remember the last time CP made a big play at the end of a game, though he may have against the Ravens this year. It was probably at some point last year.

I'm not going to talk about Palmer or the Bengals for at least two weeks. Please don't bring me in to the posts during this time, I don't want to respond. Let's see how everyone feels in two weeks, maybe I'll have changed my tune by then as well.

 

As I said before its because you like to ignore things. As someone said he had 7 game winning or tying drives last year alone. His whole career he has been very good at the end of games. You talk about Matty Ice like he is so clutch, but ignore the fact that Carson has done it a lot in his career. We should look at how many times Carson has taken his team down for what should have been game winning or tying drives, only to see special teams or the defense blow it. 2006 the year after he tears his ACL. He leads the offense to what should have been game tying drive to get them into the playoffs, but special teams blows it. Then the very next week against the Steelers leads them down to what should be a game winning field goal from 38 yards away that would get them in the playoffs, and they miss again. Last year the Denver game leads them down for what should have been game winning touchdown. Then the defense decides to give up that miracle play. What about the Chargers game last year, drives down field to the 20, and then Caldwell decides to fumble. Those are just games off the top of my head. I would say there is close to 10 circumstances that Palmer has led teams to what should have been game winning or tying drives, that does not end up going in the record books on top of the ones that he does have. So once again just choosing to ignore facts, and let your glasses that are very bias make up your opinion.

Carson's numbers project out to 4531 yards 27 TDs and 16 INTs at his current pace.

 

 

Compared to last years final numbers of others that would put him..

 

2nd in yards

Tied 8th for TDs

Tied 7th in INTs

16th in Comp %

 

Yet somehow people think he is in the bottom 5 or 10 in QB's in the league, and a position that needs to be addressed.

Carson had 7 game winning drives last year.

 

As I said before its because you like to ignore things. As someone said he had 7 game winning or tying drives last year alone. His whole career he has been very good at the end of games. You talk about Matty Ice like he is so clutch, but ignore the fact that Carson has done it a lot in his career. We should look at how many times Carson has taken his team down for what should have been game winning or tying drives, only to see special teams or the defense blow it. 2006 the year after he tears his ACL. He leads the offense to what should have been game tying drive to get them into the playoffs, but special teams blows it. Then the very next week against the Steelers leads them down to what should be a game winning field goal from 38 yards away that would get them in the playoffs, and they miss again. Last year the Denver game leads them down for what should have been game winning touchdown. Then the defense decides to give up that miracle play. What about the Chargers game last year, drives down field to the 20, and then Caldwell decides to fumble. Those are just games off the top of my head. I would say there is close to 10 circumstances that Palmer has led teams to what should have been game winning or tying drives, that does not end up going in the record books on top of the ones that he does have. So once again just choosing to ignore facts, and let your glasses that are very bias make up your opinion.

 

Gentlemen like I said, it was probably last year. FC you get so tore up about Palmer, I'd almost think he was your relative. Why does it matter if I think he sucks, he's obviously your guy so support him and be happy. Now, that's it for me on the subject for 2 weeks.

The Steelers have more character flaws than Cincy? Really? Big Ben obviously. The Steelers have the guts to cut guys like Plax while the Bengals go sign guys like Pacman, Matt Jones etc. Trying to compare how the Steelers are run and how the Bengals are run is a JOKE! I can't stand the Steelers but I don't have blinders.

 

I don't remember the specifics but the Steelers have had a half dozen or so players over the past few years charged with abusing women. I am not comparing the two front offices at all. My point is this stuff about the DUI's etc. is bull crap the media likes to talk about but it doesn't mean much when it comes to winning and losing games. The Steelers have had a lot of players get in trouble but the media doesn't talk as much about it and they keep winning.

  • Author
Gentlemen like I said, it was probably last year. FC you get so tore up about Palmer, I'd almost think he was your relative. Why does it matter if I think he sucks, he's obviously your guy so support him and be happy. Now, that's it for me on the subject for 2 weeks.

 

You said he might have had 1 against the Ravens. You must not have watched many games last year. :lol:

I don't remember the specifics but the Steelers have had a half dozen or so players over the past few years charged with abusing women. I am not comparing the two front offices at all. My point is this stuff about the DUI's etc. is bull crap the media likes to talk about but it doesn't mean much when it comes to winning and losing games. The Steelers have had a lot of players get in trouble but the media doesn't talk as much about it and they keep winning.

 

The Jags have been the worst I think. The difference between PItt + Cincy is Pitt will cut anybody anytime. Big Ben has been the exception and is on his last leg. Plax was a stud and they sent him packing. Cincy on the other hand is like a bottom feeder. They set around and look for troubled players to try to bring them in cheaper than they would be because they have been in so much trouble. While you might find a diamond in the rough such as Benson thus far IMO it is building your franchise on an unstable foundation. Football is the ultimate team game where nobody will ever be bigger than the team. The Bengals have too many guys that care more about themselves and their future outside of football IMO. They have blown a couple of draft picks that have hurt too which might be better if they actually had scouts.

The Miami Dolphins need to be careful how they blitz Carson Palmer on Sunday when they head west to battle the Cincinnati Bengals.

 

Palmer has the fourth-highest passer rating (119.5) in the NFL when teams blitz a member of the secondary.

 

He’s also got the best completion percentage (74.5 percent) and most passing yards (465) of any NFL quarterback this season when facing pressure from a defensive back.

You said he might have had 1 against the Ravens. You must not have watched many games last year. :lol:

 

Now HT, I know it's not hard to comprehend what I said. I don't remember how the Ravens game this year played out down the stretch so I can't say whether or not Palmer made plays in that game...THIS SEASON.

 

Now please, allow me to take my 2 week hiatus from Palmer threads.

  • Author
Now HT, I know it's not hard to comprehend what I said. I don't remember how the Ravens game this year played out down the stretch so I can't say whether or not Palmer made plays in that game...THIS SEASON.

 

Now please, allow me to take my 2 week hiatus from Palmer threads.

 

You said it was probably at some point last year. I was just point out it was, 7 times.

Carson had 7 game winning drives last year.

 

:thumb:

 

Carson was a stud in end-game situations for the Bengals last year...with one good receiving option at that. Cats must have taken the '09 season off.

 

I'm not taking up for Carson Palmer. He's been very up-and-down in recent seasons.

 

69.9%, 376 ypg, 7 TD, 1 Int

51.9%, 190.3 ypg, 3 TD, 5 Int

 

That represents 3 good games and 3 bad games by Palmer this season. His lack of consistency leaves something to be desired.

 

However, I'm not drinking the Matt Ryan kool-aid. It's not just this season, as UKMF pointed out, but his numbers since 2008 parallel Palmer's. He hasn't done anything to be called a great QB. Rather, he's been very Carson Palmer-like. Both have their moments...both are up-and-down.

 

To warrant the praise he receives, I would expect Matt Ryan to play at the level Carson Palmer was at early in his career. To date, he hasn't done that.

 

I have more trouble understanding the love for Matt Ryan than I do the criticism of Carson Palmer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.