Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Falcons 39 Bengals 32

Featured Replies

Yeah, but you are ripping like 1% of Bengals fans and making it seem like everyone thinks he's great. Most fans think he's terrible now. He isn't. When he gets time he's really good. Sure he makes some bad throws, but his receviers run terrible routes and drop passes too. I watched some teams yesterday that have terrible QB's. Palmer isn't one of them. He's not elite either though. I agree with you though that some apologists think he's elite and they're hard to deal with, but so are the people like you on the opposite end of the spectrum.

 

Maybe you can't tell, but I do this crap to get a rise out of people........ Get a grip :lol:.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the game. Any word on how Andre Smith did?

 

Also, I saw a tweet by Cosby last night that seemed like he was catching crap for something he did in the game. I don't remember the exact wording but it seemed like it must have been a late game situation. Vague I know but anyone have any thoughts?

^I didn't think Andre did bad....He got beat a couple times, but for the most part I thought he played fairly well.

 

Cosby was talking about him signaling for a fair catch with like 0:28 left in the game. He caught it at the 4 yard line, and many fans were complaining that he should have let it go and hope it bounced into the end zone so they would've started at the 20, instead of the 4. With 28 ticks left and no timeouts, I don't think it mattered either way.

  • Author
^I didn't think Andre did bad....He got beat a couple times, but for the most part I thought he played fairly well.

 

Cosby was talking about him signaling for a fair catch with like 0:28 left in the game. He caught it at the 4 yard line, and many fans were complaining that he should have let it go and hope it bounced into the end zone so they would've started at the 20, instead of the 4. With 28 ticks left and no timeouts, I don't think it mattered either way.

 

He had his ups and downs as expected but he had a really good set of series in the first half. 2nd half was not as good maybe part of that is fatigue setting in. He has never played that much of a game at this level. I think he is coming along just fine.

 

If it plants and then sits there for 10 more seconds he looks like an idiot so I don't blame them for doing it either. After thinking about it it wasn't worth it to hope it goes into the end zone.

I just went through the QBs, and Palmer claimed the #14 spot in my ratings. Just behind #12 Eli Manning and #13 Joe Flacco (Who I could easily have flip-flopped with Palmer IMO). Seems to me, I wasn't very far off with my #13 preseason ranking.

Going back to last season the Bengals are 3-7 over their last 10 games.

Going back to last season the Bengals are 3-7 over their last 10 games.

 

I think I read last night that they've lost 8 of their last 11...pitiful.

One of these days people are going to realize when you build your house on a shakey foundation you are asking for trouble. Cincy has gone out year after year and gotten players that are me first type of guys. There's a reason why teams like the Pats, Colts, Pitt are consistant. Great QB's along with team oriented players. I've said it all along with the Bengals. Obviously Brown is a joke but when you go get guys that are all about themselves first (I'm not talking a player or two I'm talking a lot of guys that have a record of character flaws) then what happens when the pressure is on. Pressure cracks pipes!

In Cincy's defense this week Atl is very very tough to beat at home since Matty Ryan has been there.

 

The Pittsburgh Steelers have had more players with run ins with the law and character flaws than the Bengals. Their QB was suspended this year and there have been stories about how his teammates don't like him. The "shakey foundation" as you call it is not the problem.

I didn't see the game. Any word on how Andre Smith did?

 

Also, I saw a tweet by Cosby last night that seemed like he was catching crap for something he did in the game. I don't remember the exact wording but it seemed like it must have been a late game situation. Vague I know but anyone have any thoughts?

 

I was pleased with Smith's performance. As UKMF said, he got beat a few times, but I think he went up against John Abraham the entire game who is a solid pass rushing DE. Overall, he didn't stand out, which is typically good news for an O-lineman. He was MUCH BETTER than Roland has been this season.

 

Regarding Cosby. There was like 30 seconds left & Atlanta punted the ball from the 45 or so. He backed up to the 4 yard line and fair caught a punt that was moving very, very quickly. The Bengals got the ball at the 4 yard line with 20+ seconds to go on their 4 yard line. I thought he should have let the ball bounce, as it likely would have gone into the end zone. Cosby's rationale was that the fair catch saved time & ATL may have been able to down the ball at the 1. I think the right move would have been to let the ball bounce. Regardless, the Bengals' chances were very grim as they had to go (at least) 80 yards with no timeouts.

 

Following Cosby's questionable decision was Caldwell's reception where he tried to break a tackle instead of getting out of bounds. That sealed the deal (as if it wasn't over already.)

I really thought that Andre Caldwell was going to be a solid WR for the Bengals. But, after last season & so far this season, I think it's clear that he's not going to do much in the NFL. I'm disappointed, and must admit that I'm a bit surprised.

I really thought that Andre Caldwell was going to be a solid WR for the Bengals. But, after last season & so far this season, I think it's clear that he's not going to do much in the NFL. I'm disappointed, and must admit that I'm a bit surprised.

 

I feel the same way about Keith Rivers. I really expected him to be much more than what he is. Right now, Brandon Johnson looks like a better option than Rivers.

Top 12 QB? Ok. He has one good game and you are ready to crown him. He's been closer to one of the worst 12 starting QBs this season than one of the best, and anyone who isn't drinking the Kool-Aid or riding the short-bus could tell that.

 

 

 

Fantasy basketball draft and I was teaching a class this morning. And it's been made clear to me that I'm not welcome to comment in Bengal forums so I was going to stay out of this.

 

And calling me out when Palmer has one good game is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. When have I ever not showed back up? Search and search............

 

Oh and I forgot that I'm ignoring you. I'm not listening, I'm not listening, I'm not liste.....

 

 

 

And what is your argument? People that don't think Palmer is good are stupid? Arguing about Palmer with Bengals fans is about as senseless as me buying a wedding ring for Jessica Alba. I don't expect the apologist to change their stance from what I say, but if and when I catch you or some of the others changing your tune I'll be sure to remind you about all of this.

 

Your whole argument always has been terrible. Then you try to say the people who defend Palmer are looking through Bengal glasses, when you are the one showing the most bias in this whole argument. You base your opinion on just that you don't like him, and the only thing you can come up with to defend your argument is that Palmer has not made a Super Bowl run like some others, so that means he is not good. That is the only argument you have ever used, and that is very weak. I know my argument for why he is not as bad as you say, has been a lot better than yours for why he is not. I admit he is not an elite QB like the Brady's, Manning, etc. however he is not as bad as you make him out to be either. He is not the reason at all for why the Bengals have failed to make a run at a Super Bowl. There are many reasons for that, and for the people who want Palmer gone. Will realize how wrong they were about him if it happens. They will then see what it is like to have a bad QB here. Just look at Ryan Fitzpatrick he even looks like a decent QB now that he is out of Cincy. Just goes to show that this place is not the best system for a QB to play in with this horrible OC and line.

I feel the same way about Keith Rivers. I really expected him to be much more than what he is. Right now, Brandon Johnson looks like a better option than Rivers.

 

We could of had that linebacker that came out of Tennessee in Mayo that the Pats took like 2 picks later. He actually does do pretty well, but once again the Bengals chose the wrong guy.

I really thought that Andre Caldwell was going to be a solid WR for the Bengals. But, after last season & so far this season, I think it's clear that he's not going to do much in the NFL. I'm disappointed, and must admit that I'm a bit surprised.

 

That is why I was saying all training camp that they should cut Caldwell if Bryant was healthy. Caldwell does not offer much as a receiver, and AT BEST is no more than a 4th receiver in the league. I wish we would at least dress Simpson instead of Caldwell, because I think Simpson has the potential to be very good. He started showing signs of that in the preseason. With there being a good chance IMO that both TO and Chad will not be back next year. I think they should at least dress Simpson, and let him get some playing time so he gets a little experience.

Your whole argument always has been terrible. Then you try to say the people who defend Palmer are looking through Bengal glasses, when you are the one showing the most bias in this whole argument. You base your opinion on just that you don't like him, and the only thing you can come up with to defend your argument is that Palmer has not made a Super Bowl run like some others, so that means he is not good. That is the only argument you have ever used, and that is very weak. I know my argument for why he is not as bad as you say, has been a lot better than yours for why he is not. I admit he is not an elite QB like the Brady's, Manning, etc. however he is not as bad as you make him out to be either. He is not the reason at all for why the Bengals have failed to make a run at a Super Bowl. There are many reasons for that, and for the people who want Palmer gone. Will realize how wrong they were about him if it happens. They will then see what it is like to have a bad QB here. Just look at Ryan Fitzpatrick he even looks like a decent QB now that he is out of Cincy. Just goes to show that this place is not the best system for a QB to play in with this horrible OC and line.

 

How about bringing up his accuracy, or lack theirof? How about the fact that he has made some awful, Rookie mistakes this season and last season? Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean my argument is stupid. I don't see how anyone could evaluate CP this season and not think he is average at best, and that is being generous IMO. Like him or not, he's been awful the last two years. That has nothing to do with bias, that is just being real. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I can't give him a fair evaluation. I hated Tim Tebow, but you never saw me saying he sucked, as a matter of fact I think he's the best college football player of this era and possibly ever. I hate Durant but when have I failed to give him credit? You state the same ridiculous crap over and over and over. And now you're back to making excuses about Palmer. I'm done having serious convos about him.

 

Palmer sucks, and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I hope he goes somewhere else with a good OC and OL, and I still want you to stick to your story. As a matter of fact I will hold you to it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.