October 25, 201015 yr I can't believe we are talking about Jerome Simpson. Just another Bengal draft bust. Nothing more.
October 25, 201015 yr I have 2 lower level seats to this Sunday's game against Miami available (with a parking pass). PM me if interested: http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?211052-2-Lower-Level-Seats-to-Bengals-Dolphins-Game&p=3938424#post3938424
October 26, 201015 yr How about bringing up his accuracy, or lack theirof? How about the fact that he has made some awful, Rookie mistakes this season and last season? Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean my argument is stupid. I don't see how anyone could evaluate CP this season and not think he is average at best, and that is being generous IMO. Like him or not, he's been awful the last two years. That has nothing to do with bias, that is just being real. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I can't give him a fair evaluation. I hated Tim Tebow, but you never saw me saying he sucked, as a matter of fact I think he's the best college football player of this era and possibly ever. I hate Durant but when have I failed to give him credit? You state the same ridiculous crap over and over and over. And now you're back to making excuses about Palmer. I'm done having serious convos about him. Palmer sucks, and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I hope he goes somewhere else with a good OC and OL, and I still want you to stick to your story. As a matter of fact I will hold you to it. Its funny how when receivers make great catches for their QB's, the Qb's are considered very accurate. I mean one of those guys you consider accurate is Drew Brees, and he throws more balls that have his receivers twisting and turning in every way and yet they catch them. When is the last time in two years have you seen a receiver make a tough catch for Palmer? I take that back Shipley has made a few of them this year, and thats it. Accuracy looks so much better when receivers make tough catches. Now for the bad decisions, I have agreed with you on that this year. I have said it a few times myself. However I don't really remember you using that for your argument at all before this season. Your main argument was always mainly the Super Bowl one. Just face it your arguments for most of this past year has been very weak as he had said. You make your opinion more on bias then backing it up. You even admit the main reason you say stuff is just to get some Bengal fans to respond like me.
October 26, 201015 yr I can't believe we are talking about Jerome Simpson. Just another Bengal draft bust. Nothing more. Sometimes a guy just has to get a chance to play, to show that he can play. Some players when the lights are one, know how to step it up. Shoot Miles Austin had 18 total receptions in his first 3 seasons in the league. What happened when he finally was given a chance to play he was able to prove that he can do it. I am not saying it will happen for sure with Simpson, however sometimes it takes people awhile to develop, and sometimes a player just has to be given the chance to perform.
October 26, 201015 yr The Pittsburgh Steelers have had more players with run ins with the law and character flaws than the Bengals. Their QB was suspended this year and there have been stories about how his teammates don't like him. The "shakey foundation" as you call it is not the problem. The Steelers have more character flaws than Cincy? Really? Big Ben obviously. The Steelers have the guts to cut guys like Plax while the Bengals go sign guys like Pacman, Matt Jones etc. Trying to compare how the Steelers are run and how the Bengals are run is a JOKE! I can't stand the Steelers but I don't have blinders.
October 27, 201015 yr Its funny how when receivers make great catches for their QB's, the Qb's are considered very accurate. I mean one of those guys you consider accurate is Drew Brees, and he throws more balls that have his receivers twisting and turning in every way and yet they catch them. When is the last time in two years have you seen a receiver make a tough catch for Palmer? I take that back Shipley has made a few of them this year, and thats it. Accuracy looks so much better when receivers make tough catches. Now for the bad decisions, I have agreed with you on that this year. I have said it a few times myself. However I don't really remember you using that for your argument at all before this season. Your main argument was always mainly the Super Bowl one. Just face it your arguments for most of this past year has been very weak as he had said. You make your opinion more on bias then backing it up. You even admit the main reason you say stuff is just to get some Bengal fans to respond like me. Much of the time when I've watched Brees his WRs have to twist and turn because he puts the ball in a perfect sport for them to be able to make a catch. It's a tough catch, but it's still a completion. He's never been accurate in that sense. Great QBs to whom he was once thought to be the equal of or near the equal of have that and he doesn't. Really watch Manning or Brees sometime. Watch and up and coming guy like Matt Ryan. They are so much different than anything Palmer has ever been. And please don't give off a bunch of stats again. I've heard and read them until I just can't take them anymore. I know he had two great statistical seasons.....so what?
October 27, 201015 yr ]Much of the time when I've watched Brees his WRs have to twist and turn because he puts the ball in a perfect sport for them to be able to make a catch. It's a tough catch' date=' but it's still a completion[/b']. He's never been accurate in that sense. Great QBs to whom he was once thought to be the equal of or near the equal of have that and he doesn't. Really watch Manning or Brees sometime. Watch and up and coming guy like Matt Ryan. They are so much different than anything Palmer has ever been. And please don't give off a bunch of stats again. I've heard and read them until I just can't take them anymore. I know he had two great statistical seasons.....so what? The bolded is exactly my point. If his receivers were not able to to make those tough twisting getting turned around catches, would even still be considered good to you? The receivers being able to make the tough catches make a huge difference in how a QB looks. If the receivers consistently drop them, then you start saying man thats just a bad pass. So as I said before how many times have we seen any receiver over the last two years make a tough catch for Palmer? Shipley has been the only one to have done that lately. Unless its a perfect pass, the receiver here don't help Palmer much at all. So in your opinion basically, if you have receivers who can make tough catches. That means you are a much better QB? I admit Palmer does has some throws that are not the best, however some of them are still very catchable like some of the balls some other QB's throw, and they just don't get caught. You tell me to watch these guys, and I watch them every single week and I see receivers making catches that the receivers in Cincy wouldn't catch. Except for Peyton Manning most of his throws are usually right on target, that man is a machine. However for you to talk about up and coming guys like Matt Ryan, etc. is kind of funny, when though you say Palmer has always been overrated. The whole bias thing of just hating him, once again comes into play with your opinion there. Its nice how you act like your always done commenting back to me, yet everytime you still do. (Start looking for that avatar you want me with, becuase it looks almost guarteed right now that you will win the bet we made.)
October 27, 201015 yr Much of the time when I've watched Brees his WRs have to twist and turn because he puts the ball in a perfect sport for them to be able to make a catch. It's a tough catch, but it's still a completion. He's never been accurate in that sense. Great QBs to whom he was once thought to be the equal of or near the equal of have that and he doesn't. Really watch Manning or Brees sometime. Watch and up and coming guy like Matt Ryan. They are so much different than anything Palmer has ever been. And please don't give off a bunch of stats again. I've heard and read them until I just can't take them anymore. I know he had two great statistical seasons.....so what? Look at the completion percentages of both Ryan and Palmer this year....Something eeriely similar if you ask me...
October 27, 201015 yr Look at the completion percentages of both Ryan and Palmer this year....Something eeriely similar if you ask me... Can you post them please?
October 27, 201015 yr In fact, their numbers overall are unbelievably similar this season: Ryan 7 Games - 156-252, 61.9%, 1714 yds, 12 TDs, 5 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating Palmer 6 Games - 151-244, 61.9%, 1699 yds, 10 TDs, 6 INTs, 86.1 Passer Rating
October 27, 201015 yr Yes, those are very similar. Palmer has also had a fair amount of dropped passes & poorly run routes to deal with. Can you post their career numbers?
October 27, 201015 yr Yes, those are very similar. Palmer has also had a fair amount of dropped passes & poorly run routes to deal with. Can you post their career numbers? Matt Ryan 37 Games - 684-1137, 60.2%, 8,070 yds, 50 TDs, 30 INTs, 85.5 Passer Rating Carson Palmer 87 Games - 1813-2875, 63.1%, 20,423 yds, 138 TDs, 86 INTs, 87.8 Passer Rating
October 27, 201015 yr Numbers only tell half of the story for a QB. Matty Ice has been big at the end of games for most of his brief career. I don't remember the last time CP made a big play at the end of a game, though he may have against the Ravens this year. It was probably at some point last year. I'm not going to talk about Palmer or the Bengals for at least two weeks. Please don't bring me in to the posts during this time, I don't want to respond. Let's see how everyone feels in two weeks, maybe I'll have changed my tune by then as well.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.