Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands/Ryle Predictions

What team do you think will win? 157 members have voted

  1. 1. What team do you think will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This will be a war. All you folks out there that think the Birds will come to Union and waltz off with an easy win will be surprised. Come and join us for a great night of high school football.

 

All 2 of them, and one is a Ryle hater who thinks they will get blown out every week. Overwhelming majority expect a war.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
All 2 of them, and one is a Ryle hater who thinks they will get blown out every week. Overwhelming majority expect a war.

 

War? I thought I was going to watch a football game.

All 2 of them, and one is a Ryle hater who thinks they will get blown out every week. Overwhelming majority expect a war.

 

Good point. The one dude has been wrong on nearly 100% of his Ryle predictions all year long. Knowledgeable fans along with players and coaches from both teams know this will be a huge battle. Like in most games pitting fairly evenly matched teams - turnovers and special teams will be a huge factor in the outcome.

What time is everyone getting there? I'd expect a huge crowd with the game being televised live.

 

May have to stop and tailgate with some of the Birds faithful.... (paging Henry :lol:)

What time is everyone getting there? I'd expect a huge crowd with the game being televised live.

 

May have to stop and tailgate with some of the Birds faithful.... (paging Henry :lol:)

 

The Ryle tailgaters usually start between 5:30 and 6 for 7:30 games, so I would think that they will get started about 5:15. I'm not sure about the Highlands "gaters" but I would think they start about the same time. Crowd size of TV games depends on weather. If it's a nice night, lots of people will be there. If it's nasty, many choose the sofa.

  • Author
Good point. The one dude has been wrong on nearly 100% of his Ryle predictions all year long. Knowledgeable fans along with players and coaches from both teams know this will be a huge battle. Like in most games pitting fairly evenly matched teams - turnovers and special teams will be a huge factor in the outcome.

 

I voted for Ryle a couple of times this year and when I vote against I know they should win some of the games but hope they lose.

  • Author

Only way I will cheer for Ryle is if SK gets knocked out of the playoffs.

HHS by 21. The Birds just have too much for Ryle.

 

Birds are flying with one wing......It's gonna be a tough one.

Birds will prevail on the road in front of the televised crowd. Towles will be the difference in this one, the kids a winner and a true leader. When the chips are down look for PT to run the ball and convert. i think the Defense will be ready to smack the Raiders in the mouth. I will be on the couch with popcorn and a cold one.

Birds are flying with one wing......It's gonna be a tough one.

 

After resting half the starters during last Friday's game vs. Scott, you'd think most, if not all of the starters who sat out would be back for this game. The only starter that is out definitely is #29 Josh Quillen, who has been missed on D.

Good point. The one dude has been wrong on nearly 100% of his Ryle predictions all year long. Knowledgeable fans along with players and coaches from both teams know this will be a huge battle. Like in most games pitting fairly evenly matched teams - turnovers and special teams will be a huge factor in the outcome.

 

I'll put my High School football knowledge of the tri-state against yours any day of the week. I bet I see more live games in a month than you see all season. These two teams aren't evenly matched. Highlands was young and inexperienced at the beginning of the season. They have the best coach (maybe best staff) in all of the area. I think Towles is more confident, the inexperience has faded and IMO, they are a better team this time around. Is Ryle?

If you had asked me a few weeks ago about the rematch I'd have said it looks like HHS will win by 21, but Ryle seems to have righted the ship and HHS is pretty banged up so who knows. It's tough to beat a team twice and there is no question that these are the two best teams in NKY so it's a toss up IMO. I think whoever takes care of the ball and doesn't turn the ball over wins. I know one thing it should be a great game.

I'll put my High School football knowledge of the tri-state against yours any day of the week. I bet I see more live games in a month than you see all season. These two teams aren't evenly matched. Highlands was young and inexperienced at the beginning of the season. They have the best coach (maybe best staff) in all of the area. I think Towles is more confident, the inexperience has faded and IMO, they are a better team this time around. Is Ryle?

 

Highlands has a great team and coaching staff, no doubt. However, you will find out a lot on Thursday night about how these teams match up. You must see over 15 games per month. WOW, that's impressive - over 4 games per weekend. Maybe get a life outside of football. Ryle is better than they were in week 1 when their passing game was an afterthought. This game will go down to the wire.

  • Author
Highlands has a great team and coaching staff, no doubt. However, you will find out a lot on Thursday night about how these teams match up. You must see over 15 games per month. WOW, that's impressive - over 4 games per weekend. Maybe get a life outside of football. Ryle is better than they were in week 1 when their passing game was an afterthought. This game will go down to the wire.

 

I don't see Ryle standing a chance after reading the paper today. Hempel and Elliott both have to play both ways they will be wore out by the 3rd quarter. Also when SK and played Ryle I noticed a bunch of Ryle players where very winded in the second half of the game on defense Highlands should have another easy night.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.