Paintsville 28 Lynn Camp 27

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game tonight, but from my side a side ending for some great seniors, that really left their mark on the LC program. First half, I don't know what was wrong, but imo it was the worse half of football that we played since the Leslie County game. Chaffin going down, really hurt, but Joe Roskopf and Josh Reynolds stepped up and played great. Two of the three losses by one point. Two points seperate you from winning the distrcit and playing for the region. This is a type of game from our end you love to play again, but of course that can't happen, Paintsville earned the hard fought win, and makes the journey to Somerset. Mojo thank you for helping me out this week, it was a big help. Good luck.

No problem LC, sorry I didn't get to come meet you. I got there late and was distracted by the game. How is Chaffin?? Hope he's alright and has an opportunity to further his career. The Wildcats have a top notch programs, WOW what a band of traveling fans. I think this is a challenge to us Paintsville fans, I hope we can take as many on the road next week as Lynn Camp rolled into town with.

Come on ther now oneijoe, there is no way you are going to turn this back around and point something at me . The crowd last night for a playoff game was just plain pitful considering it was a playoff game, and Paintsville players deserve much more than what they are getting.(and you know it) You can talk it up , hype it up, spin it up,all you want. I have been around more Tigers games in a span of a lifetime than you may see in the rest of yours. I am what is called a native. So dont even think about going there. The plain fact is you should be appreciative that so many Johnson Co. people showed up to support YOUR team (goes to show that we are the good guys) and I certainly dont detect that on your part. Thank you, Milburn for acknowledging and thanking us for our presence.

I personally have a vested interest that plays on Memorial Field every friday night (just as it has been for many years), so again, dont even think about trying to flash something back in my face. My interests have certainly played a vital and important part in the history and success of Paintsville athletics. Are you able to make that same claim yourself? I'm much more qualified to make any comment about anything regarding this conversation than you will ever be.

BTW, the sparseness of cars in the parking lot that I loan out every friday night for the Big Blue crowd speaks volumes about the following that they now have. It didn't used to be that way , what has happened? Thank god, I dont have to rely on collecting admission to keep the doors open. :lol:

Again good luck and best wishes to the Tigers against Somerset.

:rolleyes:

Lynn Camp brought a big crowd with them and a lot of Tiger fans,were standing along the rails all night.Not everyone sits in the stands and if you came to more than one game,you would know that.

I saw people from JCHS,Pikeville,Prestonsburg,Allen Central and many friends I know at a bunch of schools.

This topic is Paintsville and Lynn Camp,not fans from Central in attendance.

How is #14,is he okay after going out in the 1st quarter.With Hans playing and getting all back,we need them to play in Somerset.I'm hoping to go and good luck Tigers. :ylsuper:

Great win for Paintsville. This was a great game and a tale of two halfes. Paintsville in the first half and Lynn Camp in the second. Daniel Pugh played a great game and really impressed me even more this week. Good luck to Paintsville next week at Somerset and bring back a regional championship.

This was really a great game!!! Hats off to LC and their fans!!!! You were the greatest!!

In the second half, LC came out a lot more focused on their goals!!! They had a great opening drive to start the 3rd an ate up nearly 8 minutes befor turning it over on downs around the ten. A bad playcall resulted in a Tiger fumble and gave LC the ball back, on the 2. TD 14 point game. Paintsville gets a first down, then is forced to punt. LC makes another long drive and pulls to within 7. Both teams then trade possessions, and punts. Then came the three plays that hurt!!! Paintsville's ball 1st and 10, incomplete pass, fumble but recover and lose 20 yards, sack and another big loss punt. LC comes up with an inspired drive and closes the gap to 1. Then the only bright spot in the second half for Paintsville punches their ticket for Somerset!!!

Now....MD was only trying to pull some chains!!! You should all know that!

As I was across from Paintsville's fans, I could see that there was nearly 2 to 1 amount aof fans surrounding the field. The stands were about 2/3 full. Nope....it is not the amount I would like to see, but...I know the cold kept the "light fans" at bay.

:rolleyes:

Lynn Camp brought a big crowd with them and a lot of Tiger fans,were standing along the rails all night.Not everyone sits in the stands and if you came to more than one game,you would know that.

I saw people from JCHS,Pikeville,Prestonsburg,Allen Central and many friends I know at a bunch of schools.

This topic is Paintsville and Lynn Camp,not fans from Central in attendance.

How is #14,is he okay after going out in the 1st quarter.With Hans playing and getting all back,we need them to play in Somerset.I'm hoping to go and good luck Tigers. :ylsuper:

Chill there 2000, I know how to pull chains too.

Congrats to Paintsville, the only show in town! I think Coach Runyon has to be considered for Coach of the Year in 1A! For a supposed basketball coach that was being questioned as a hire earlier in the year, he sure has silenced his critics!

Actually, I have to agree with stick. Everyone knew BMR could coach basketball but to take a football team to 10-2 and the regional finals in one season is very impressive. I think their season ends this week but I have to ask how many football coaches, given one year could take their team to a regional final? I'm guessing not many--IMHO I think this shows BMR is a great competitor who just knows kids and knows how to win. This is from a Briarjumper fan who hope that Paintsville loses this week, however, this is just truly an intriguing story.

Congrats to Paintsville, the only show in town! I think Coach Runyon has to be considered for Coach of the Year in 1A! For a supposed basketball coach that was being questioned as a hire earlier in the year, he sure has silenced his critics!

Yeah, I'd say he is a shoe in for those convincing wins against Allen Central, Jenkins,Betsy Layne,South Floyd, and Phelps.

He didn't look so hot against Johnson Central or Pikeville did he? One quality win all year and he's coach of the year. :lol: :lol:

Better count your blessings on a flubbed XP attempt. Paintsville would not have beaten Lynn Camp in OT.

BMR is the best coach in Johnson County in two sports. Football and Basketball.
Good luck convincing anybody outside of Paintsville that Bill Mike is a better coach than Jim Matney.

BMR is 0-1 against JCHS - at team that Paintsville has dominated over the years. Paintsville's 50-6 loss in the Apple Bowl indicates that BMR is the second best active football coach in JC. The Tigers had a lot of talent returning this season, and I don't believe that they won any games under BMR that they would not have won under David Lemaster.

I don't know why some Tiger fans insist on putting down Johnson Central on a regular basis in a futile effort to make their own team and coaches look better. Being second best to Matney is not too shabby, even if the county has only two football teams.

Paintsville has a solid 1A team and I will be pulling for them every week until their season ends.

Sure, he's a good football player, but best in the state :rolleyes: , Will Fidler is ranked nationally, Justin Burke is committed to NC State, and several other players in the state are phenomenal D-1 athletes. As well, I think Jarrod Lawson and Quinten Henson were both superior running backs on their respective teams.

Where are Quinten Henson and Jarrod Lawson these days?