Paintsville 28 Lynn Camp 27

Beat me to it, BrewDog. :D I guess the difference in Class 1A and Class 3A should now be a little more evident.

I just have a question Milburn. Where were all the Tiger fans at tonight?

Second round of the playoffs and it looked like a ghost town. I would guess that Lynn Camp outnumbered Paintsville fans by a bunch. I would think that TigerTown USA would support its team a little better than what I saw tonight, especially during the playoffs. :confused:

Good win Paintsville and good luck at Somerset.

I was definately shocked, I expected a huge crowd. You guys should be ashamed for not coming out and supporting your team.If it wasn't for JC fans in the stadium to watch the Tigers , it really would have been embarrassing because there was a bunch of us there.

Well, I was simply trying to support Paintsville, and couldn't ignore a comment like that. You're right, its sad the lack of support Paintsville gets. Sorry I wasn't there to assist, but about 5:50 p.m. (I just remember the big hand was on 50 and the little hand 6) I headed out to Memorial Field. Couldn't find a parking place, so I came home and listened to the radio.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was definately shocked, I expected a huge crowd. You guys should be ashamed for not coming out and supporting your team.If it wasn't for JC fans in the stadium to watch the Tigers , it really would have been embarrassing because there was a bunch of us there.

Well, I was simply trying to support Paintsville, and couldn't ignore a comment like that. You're right, its sad the lack of support Paintsville gets. Sorry I wasn't there to assist, but about 5:50 p.m. (I just remember the big hand was on 50 and the little hand 6) I headed out to Memorial Field. Couldn't find a parking place, so I came home and listened to the radio.

I guess that Milburn was right on one point though Dog. By what I witnessed tonight, this is indeed a one team town as far as fan support.

It was definately evident at the game that I attended tonight that that is not the team in this town. It definately makes me more proud and appreciative of the fans and support that we enjoy.

I guess that Milburn was right on one point though Dog. By what I witnessed tonight, this is indeed a one team town as far as fan support.

It was definately evident at the game that I attended tonight that that was not the team in this town. It definately makes me more proud and appreciative of the fans and support that we enjoy.

I agree Firebird. I'm glad most of us are pulling for Paintsville, as we should be. I guess Milburn is living in the past. What a crazy thing to say in the present. I'm glad for Pugh too. I think he will play D1 at any position he wants. Good luck Tigers. Play 2 halves and make us all proud.

I agree Firebird. I'm glad most of us are pulling for Paintsville, as we should be. I guess Milburn is living in the past. What a crazy thing to say in the present.
I'm glad for Pugh too.
I think he will play D1 at any position he wants. Good luck Tigers. Play 2 halves and make us all proud.

I too am glad for Daniel. You have to root for a kid that works his tail off 52 weeks out of the year. He deserves everything that he gets.

Firebird... there were plenty of Tiger fans there tonight... most never find a seat... don't ask me why...(must be pacers and not snugglers). :D BTW Thanks to those B&G boys who were cheering along the railings for both teams! This one was surely worth the price of admission and I was gratified to see Jeff Collett and Andrew Brown walk back to the other end of the field to shake hands with the two guys who were left down there after the game. As for living in the past... let us be ever vigilant to never forget the past... unless be doomed to repeating it. C'mon guys... have some fun! This is all in fun! :thumb:

Way to hold on Tigers! Nice effort by a gutty Lynn Camp team. Everything was left on the field tonight.

It's just like old times.... Tigertown, USA!!!! ;) Or better still... the debate has been laid to rest as to who that "One Team" is that everyone is always talking about... in this "OneTeam One Town" kinda place.

Good Luck next week! Go Big Blue! :thumb:

Goodness, MD...

After the GREAT game out there tonight, you have Prestonsburg on your mind for some reason ?!?

;) :lol:

Congrats to the Tigers on the big win, and good luck next week. Stay focused this week in practice, make the adjustments and play ball. Defense showed up tonight, and played like I knew they could. Let's keep that momentum going into next week. Hats off to a heck of a Lynn Camp program. I've known Coach Mitchell for a few years now, he's a great coach. Kudos to all of Lynn Camp's fans, they made the long haul and was with their team through thick and thin.

Congrats to the Tigers on the big win, and good luck next week. Stay focused this week in practice, make the adjustments and play ball. Defense showed up tonight, and played like I knew they could. Let's keep that momentum going into next week. Hats off to a heck of a Lynn Camp program. I've known Coach Mitchell for a few years now, he's a great coach. Kudos to all of Lynn Camp's fans, they made the long haul and was with their team through thick and thin.

I'll echo that!!! :thumb:

Beat me to it, BrewDog. :D I guess the difference in Class 1A and Class 3A should now be a little more evident.

I just have a question Milburn. Where were all the Tiger fans at tonight?

Second round of the playoffs and it looked like a ghost town. I would guess that Lynn Camp outnumbered Paintsville fans by a bunch. I would think that TigerTown USA would support its team a little better than what I saw tonight, especially during the playoffs. :confused:

Good win Paintsville and good luck at Somerset.

For years and YEARS most of the county fans decided to be Tiger fans during football season. After all, who could blame them ??

It's sort of funny that you critique the Paintsville following when, in the past, Paintsville was Johnson Co.'s only truly competitive team.

LOL... the only thing missing from the "big crowd" you were expecting is the part of the county crowd that quit following football last week. Those same folks used to not call it quits until Paintsville lost.

:bunny:

Boy, Pugh sure played well, the play before the half killed us. The cats played a great second half but it takes four quarters. Jimmy Chaffin took a hit on the hip bone and could not run and cut, Roskopf really stepped it up. Jonah Mitchell the kicker played well he made 2 PATs and the line had a leak on the last one, that happens in good games. Good luck to both teams next week. And we will get back to work for next year.