Paintsville 28 Lynn Camp 27

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to take a threat such as Chaffin out of the game, on both sides and win a game like this one. I agree with Coach Mitchell that he might have been the best player in the state. He is probably the only player that i have ever seen that was a legitimate threat to score every time he touched the ball from anywhere on the field.

Hard to take a threat such as Chaffin out of the game, on both sides and win a game like this one. I agree with Coach Mitchell that he might have been the best player in the state. He is probably the only player that i have ever seen that was a legitimate threat to score every time he touched the ball from anywhere on the field.

Sure, he's a good football player, but best in the state :rolleyes: , Will Fidler is ranked nationally, Justin Burke is committed to NC State, and several other players in the state are phenomenal D-1 athletes. As well, I think Jarrod Lawson and Quinten Henson were both superior running backs on their respective teams.

Great game tonight, but from my side a side ending for some great seniors, that really left their mark on the LC program. First half, I don't know what was wrong, but imo it was the worse half of football that we played since the Leslie County game. Chaffin going down, really hurt, but Joe Roskopf and Josh Reynolds stepped up and played great. Two of the three losses by one point. Two points seperate you from winning the distrcit and playing for the region. This is a type of game from our end you love to play again, but of course that can't happen, Paintsville earned the hard fought win, and makes the journey to Somerset. Mojo thank you for helping me out this week, it was a big help. Good luck.

For years and YEARS most of the county fans decided to be Tiger fans during football season. After all, who could blame them ??

It's sort of funny that you critique the Paintsville following when, in the past, Paintsville was Johnson Co.'s only truly competitive team.

LOL... the only thing missing from the "big crowd" you were expecting is the part of the county crowd that quit following football last week. Those same folks used to not call it quits until Paintsville lost.

:bunny:

:rolleyes: Paintsville dominated the Apple Bowl for a long stretch. Johnson Central has dominated the last two, and probably will dominate for years to come. The rest of what you say is gobblygoop.

For years and YEARS most of the county fans decided to be Tiger fans during football season. After all, who could blame them ??

It's sort of funny that you critique the Paintsville following when, in the past, Paintsville was Johnson Co.'s only truly competitive team.

LOL... the only thing missing from the "big crowd" you were expecting is the part of the county crowd that quit following football last week. Those same folks used to not call it quits until Paintsville lost.

:bunny:

Come on ther now oneijoe, there is no way you are going to turn this back around and point something at me . The crowd last night for a playoff game was just plain pitful considering it was a playoff game, and Paintsville players deserve much more than what they are getting.(and you know it) You can talk it up , hype it up, spin it up,all you want. I have been around more Tigers games in a span of a lifetime than you may see in the rest of yours. I am what is called a native. So dont even think about going there. The plain fact is you should be appreciative that so many Johnson Co. people showed up to support YOUR team (goes to show that we are the good guys) and I certainly dont detect that on your part. Thank you, Milburn for acknowledging and thanking us for our presence.

I personally have a vested interest that plays on Memorial Field every friday night (just as it has been for many years), so again, dont even think about trying to flash something back in my face. My interests have certainly played a vital and important part in the history and success of Paintsville athletics. Are you able to make that same claim yourself? I'm much more qualified to make any comment about anything regarding this conversation than you will ever be.

BTW, the sparseness of cars in the parking lot that I loan out every friday night for the Big Blue crowd speaks volumes about the following that they now have. It didn't used to be that way , what has happened? Thank god, I dont have to rely on collecting admission to keep the doors open. :lol:

Again good luck and best wishes to the Tigers against Somerset.

Sure, he's a good football player, but best in the state :rolleyes: , Will Fidler is ranked nationally, Justin Burke is committed to NC State, and several other players in the state are phenomenal D-1 athletes. As well, I think Jarrod Lawson and Quinten Henson were both superior running backs on their respective teams.

I think you can add Ron Blume to that list. He only had 353 yards against the team that downed last nights team.

It was late, I meant to say I agree with Coach Mitchell say that he is one of the best

LC99 I know it was a rough night but what do you think will happen next week? Y'all played both teams.

This will be a tough matchup for Paintsville. Paintsville is big and more physcial than I thought they would be. A long trip, could hurt. I think Somerset will win by 2 tds or more.