Paintsville 28 Lynn Camp 27

BMR should be in the running for coach of the year. 10-2 is a great record for a first year coach. Chuke Williams was there last year and look what he did. A losing record and a frist round beat down by Harlan last year. He is the best all around coach in Johnson County. Maybe in eastern Kentucky he coaches three sports. No other coach even coaches two. So that should tell you something. Oh yeah the past two years football teams have been the same, so that should tell you something else. The he is a good coach.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMR should be in the running for coach of the year. 10-2 is a great record for a first year coach. Chuke Williams was there last year and look what he did. A losing record and a frist round beat down by Harlan last year. He is the best all around coach in Johnson County. Maybe in eastern Kentucky he coaches three sports. No other coach even coaches two. So that should tell you something. Oh yeah the past two years football teams have been the same, so that should tell you something else. The he is a good coach.

Last year's team didn't finish with a losing record, they finished 6-5 probably should have finished 8-3. I agree BMR has done a great job, and does deserve consideration for coach of the year. Although 10-2 is a good record, knowing BMR he's not satisfied. Goal #1 regional championship Friday night, c'mon Tigers stay focused this week.

The 10 wins are because of a hard working winter in the weight room, maturity, and a new attitude from the players and staff. Why are we still talking about last year? :confused: The Tigers have already won a District Title "The First in 20 Years" and they are now playing for a Region Title. If the Tigers win this week it will be the first time in 20 years that they have won both the District and Region title in the same year.

Yeah, I'd say he is a shoe in for those convincing wins against Allen Central, Jenkins,Betsy Layne,South Floyd, and Phelps.

He didn't look so hot against Johnson Central or Pikeville did he? One quality win all year and he's coach of the year. :lol: :lol:

Better count your blessings on a flubbed XP attempt. Paintsville would not have beaten Lynn Camp in OT.

I assume the quality win was against Lynn Camp? I see no other quality wins on their schedule. BMR inherited the best Paintsville team in 20 years, so I think next year will be a better indicator of his coaching ability. David LeMaster would have won 9 or 10 with this team and schedule too. In fact, he took basically the same kids last year and gave Central a better game than BMR did this year.

Coach Mitchell is a great Coach/Roll model/Father figure and he will never now how much he means to this Lynn Camp Program, it will take someone really great to fill his shoes...Someday

Hitmen Football,

maybe you can shed some light on what i have heard. I was told by LC player that David Mitchell told his team that this was his last game in the locker room after the loss to Paintsville. Any truth to that?

Hitmen Football,

maybe you can shed some light on what i have heard. I was told by LC player that David Mitchell told his team that this was his last game in the locker room after the loss to Paintsville. Any truth to that?

No

I assume the quality win was against Lynn Camp? I see no other quality wins on their schedule. BMR inherited the best Paintsville team in 20 years, so I think next year will be a better indicator of his coaching ability. David LeMaster would have won 9 or 10 with this team and schedule too. In fact, he took basically the same kids last year and gave Central a better game than BMR did this year.

This is definately not the best team in the last 20 years, it is the best team since 2001. As for BMR being considered for coach of the year, yes I would agree with that. This team is running a TOTALLY different offense than what they did last year, going from the belly read to this years run and gun offense was a MAJOR change. I have the upmost respect for David LeMaster, but I don't see him winning 9 or 10 games this year, 7 at the most.

No

Are you positive that this is not the word on the DL. It came from a very reliable source. I was also told a replacement was picked out, his Nephew.

Don't have a name but that was the conversation I was in. Just wandering if maybe this info. slipped past you, or if he was full of it.

Are you positive that this is not the word on the DL. It came from a very reliable source. I was also told a replacement was picked out, his Nephew.

Don't have a name but that was the conversation I was in. Just wandering if maybe this info. slipped past you, or if he was full of it.

No information slipped past me. But no Coach Mitchell has not stepped down as Coach.

He has nephews on the staff, but could'nt think of one right off hand that would be able to take the job. No information passing around, just thought I'd throw that out there. There is also a rumour running around that Coach Mike Campbell quit friday night at Whitley County. 'Tis that time of the season when rumours abound on the future of coaches......

BMR is 0-1 against JCHS

Is that football or basketball? :lol: I'm not saying that he is a lock as Coach of the year becasue there are several guys that are in that category. To try to hide the fact that a first year coach that many people questioned as a hire in the first place hasn't done a great job sure sounds like sour grapes. You can pull the 0-1 record but I would hope a school that has almost 4 times the boys would win in football on a regular basis. I agree that is by no means the toughest Region in football but the bottom line is they have gotten the job done in the playoffs up to this point which is what the top programs do!

Come on ther now oneijoe, there is no way you are going to turn this back around and point something at me . The crowd last night for a playoff game was just plain pitful considering it was a playoff game, and Paintsville players deserve much more than what they are getting.(and you know it) You can talk it up , hype it up, spin it up,all you want. I have been around more Tigers games in a span of a lifetime than you may see in the rest of yours. I am what is called a native. So dont even think about going there. The plain fact is you should be appreciative that so many Johnson Co. people showed up to support YOUR team (goes to show that we are the good guys) and I certainly dont detect that on your part. Thank you, Milburn for acknowledging and thanking us for our presence.

I personally have a vested interest that plays on Memorial Field every friday night (just as it has been for many years), so again, dont even think about trying to flash something back in my face. My interests have certainly played a vital and important part in the history and success of Paintsville athletics. Are you able to make that same claim yourself? I'm much more qualified to make any comment about anything regarding this conversation than you will ever be.

BTW, the sparseness of cars in the parking lot that I loan out every friday night for the Big Blue crowd speaks volumes about the following that they now have. It didn't used to be that way , what has happened? Thank god, I dont have to rely on collecting admission to keep the doors open. :lol:

Again good luck and best wishes to the Tigers against Somerset.

Boy... do you have me WRONG !! Heck, I wasn't even trying to "pull chains", let alone "flash something" in your face. :sssh:

I was in NO way being critical of you, Johnson Central, or anything. I was just giving my take on why the crowd size at games now is less than many yrs. ago. I was trying to figure out the answer to the question you asked earlier and just repeated, "It didn't used to be that way, what has happened?" :lol:

You should KNOW that back then, Paintsville was really "the only game in town" that Johnson Co. had for the fall sport. Now, with the renewed interest in football at the other Paintsville high school, "county" fans show less interest in "Tiger football". Saying that is not a slight to Centralites, it's really only natural for it to happen.

As far as Central fans coming to the Paintsville game... I'm GLAD to see them - the more the merrier !! (I'm also for Prestonsburg fans coming...and Magoffin Co. fans...and Lawrence Co. fans...etc...) I like to think there are true FOOTBALL fans from all around that want to see as much of it as they can before that crappy indoor sport begins.

:thumb:

Boy... do you have me WRONG !! Heck, I wasn't even trying to "pull chains", let alone "flash something" in your face. :sssh:

I was in NO way being critical of you, Johnson Central, or anything. I was just giving my take on why the crowd size at games now is less than many yrs. ago. I was trying to figure out the answer to the question you asked earlier and just repeated, "It didn't used to be that way, what has happened?" :lol:

You should KNOW that back then, Paintsville was really "the only game in town" that Johnson Co. had for the fall sport. Now, with the renewed interest in football at the other Paintsville high school, "county" fans show less interest in "Tiger football". Saying that is not a slight to Centralites, it's really only natural for it to happen.

As far as Central fans coming to the Paintsville game... I'm GLAD to see them - the more the merrier !! (I'm also for Prestonsburg fans coming...and Magoffin Co. fans...and Lawrence Co. fans...etc...) I like to think there are true FOOTBALL fans from all around that want to see as much of it as they can before that crappy indoor sport begins.

How many Paintsville teams do you have much of a recollection of past maybe 8 to 10 years ago? :lol:

j/k

I think I agree with gish's statement - the '01 Tiger team had more overall talent. This year's team is pretty close with skill players, but the former team was better in the trenches.

Admittedly, I was no Paintsville fan through that time. However...I've always been a hard-core football fan and have kept up with most of the area teams (and I'm certainly old enough to have a recollection ;) ).