Trinity 14 Bowling Green 12

fatsnbul

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PurpleHaze.

"Derek Bishop. This kid is unassuming, barely bigger than a hiccup, not very impressively built. All this kid has is heart, and tons of it!! We couldn't stop him last year at Marshall Stadium, and we didn't do much better Friday night."

You are correct that Derek is unassuming and has heart. But you need to take a closer look at his build. He's built like a tank and prior to last year had hardly seen a weight room yet has big time god given strength.

Will be interesting to see where he goes and how he develops. In a lot of ways he remind me of the current NFL RB trend with these 5'6 200lb machines that run 4.4's and bench 475.

Didn't realize that, Nation. Of course, I only see him behind those behemoth linemen and I only see him in a football uniform. Still, I think it's his heart that makes him go, and he's the kind of player I admire. But thanx for the info.

In its never-ending, lemming-like quest to turn itself into a pamphlet rather than a newspaper, the C-J has reduced the info provided in its box scores, so all we have is the scoring by quarters and how the scores occurred. Does anyone have more detailed stats? The brief article did say that T had 330 total yards and BG had 174.

Haha, love it, tcjkbt.

Here are the game stats, courtesy of Stats Sampson...

TRINITY BGHS

FIRST DOWNS................... 20 12

RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 40-227 35-164

PASSING YDS (NET)............. 103 10

Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 24-11-2 13-2-0

TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 64-330 48-174

Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0

Punt Returns-Yards............ 2-14 1-13

Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 0-0 3-57

Interception Returns-Yards.... 0-0 2-43

Punts (Number-Avg)............ 3-42.7 2-41.0

Fumbles-Lost.................. 2-0 0-0

Penalties-Yards............... 10-122 5-40

Possession Time............... 27:29 20:31

Third-Down Conversions........ 5 of 10 4 of 12

Fourth-Down Conversions....... 0 of 0 2 of 3

Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 2-3 0-1

Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 4-11 1-15

RUSHING: Trinity High School-D Bishop 26-154; J Noe 8-44; D Dawkins 4-37;

J Quick 1-7; T Wright 1-minus 15. Bowling Green HS-B Green 5-90; H Neveras 9-35;

S Hollis 13-24; T Anderson 8-15.

PASSING: Trinity High School-J Noe 7-14-1-76; T Wright 4-10-1-27. Bowling

Green HS-S Hollis 2-13-0-10.

RECEIVING: Trinity High School-J Quick 3-58; R Steffey 3-21; D Dawkins

3-14; M Bland 1-8; H Kopp 1-2. Bowling Green HS-H Neveras 1-13; S Wilson 1-minus

INTERCEPTIONS: Trinity High School-None. Bowling Green HS-D Daniel 1-0; C

Proctor 1-43.

FUMBLES: Trinity High School-D Dawkins 1-0; D Bishop 1-0. Bowling Green

HS-None.

Stadium: E.L Thompson Attendance: 0

Kickoff time: 7pm End of Game: Total elapsed time:

Officials:

Temperature: 75 Wind: none Weather: humid, overcast

Congratulations to the Rocks!

Didn't get to see or listen to the game due to a family emergency, but the account that I got tells me that the young Rocks faced a lot of adversity last night and somehow came away with a win against a VERY, VERY good Bowling Green team.

Hey rockmom!

Good to hear from you again, and hope everything's okay. BGHS only has 12 seniors this year!! Talk about boding well for the future! Most of the important cogs this year will be back next season, and there are 86 non seniors on this team. I think that your description hit the game squarely on the head. And there were many Trinity fans actually at the game who echoed your opinion!

We were at the game....right at the fence and beyond....I can tell you that both teams were called equal by the refs....both teams should have had more calls than what they did....

That being said, I think this subject should be dropped....talk about beating a dead horse:deadhorse:

As far as the game is concerned, both teams played a WONDERFUL game! T should be very proud of their win...In fact, Coach Beatty seemed very happy in coming out of this game with a win. The Bowling Green Daily News has him quoted in telling his players "You better be screaming at the top of your lungs to celebrate! And don't stop till I tell you."

As far as the Purples are concerned, they should also be VERY PROUD of themselves....My second year of college I worked my behind off in a certain class. I ended up getting a D out of it. I was more proud of that D than all of my other grades (A's) because I worked the hardest for that D grade.....BG, as I see it, should be very proud of the effort that they put into the games last night....last nights game was the closest final score in the BG-T series.

I can also vouch for PH's assessment of many of the T fans. They were very happy in coming out with the win and congratulated us on a great football game and a great effort. On gentleman told PH and I that BG has been the toughest team that T has played all year. He stated that he was impressed and did not think that BG could be stopped by any other team.

Play to build memories and have fun!!!:dancingpa

As I mentioned in prediction thread - BG has a superb program and always plays us tough. Which they did once again. Not a "pretty win" - but obviously will take it. Told someone in the first half that I would be happy coming out of there with a "1 point win" - almost.

I have said repeatedly that the young Rocks, though extremely talented, still were in need of experience -maturity & "snaps."

Some of the Unsportsmanlike Penalties - IMO -were a direct result. YOu keep your cool. You "don't mouth off" and 'get into it" with an opponent - right in front of an Official (especially one who has possibly made some questionable calls). That was inexperience - and lack of maturity. Hopefully they will learn from it. There were a few other occasions I was suprised we did not get flagged for a "celebration' - after a defensive stop. YOu cannot expect much kind treatment on the road.

All that being said - great win against a very good team. Take it and move on. Next.

Fans of a winning team that lament and point fingers as to why they didn't "win by more" are classless fans. Simple as that.

Fans who try to make their team look better than what they really are could be living in "La La Land". If you think losing to a team with their 3rd and 4th string qb's playing is ok or a moral victory that is very sad..

As I mentioned in prediction thread - BG has a superb program and always plays us tough. Which they did once again. Not a "pretty win" - but obviously will take it. Told someone in the first half that I would be happy coming out of there with a "1 point win" - almost.

I have said repeatedly that the young Rocks, though extremely talented, still were in need of experience -maturity & "snaps."

Some of the Unsportsmanlike Penalties - IMO -were a direct result. YOu keep your cool. You "don't mouth off" and 'get into it" with an opponent - right in front of an Official (especially one who has possibly made some questionable calls). That was inexperience - and lack of maturity. Hopefully they will learn from it. There were a few other occasions I was suprised we did not get flagged for a "celebration' - after a defensive stop. YOu cannot expect much kind treatment on the road.

All that being said - great win against a very good team. Take it and move on. Next.

Great Post, JS! I tell our guys, "Shut up and play football!!" They know I mean it because they're representing themselves, our team, our school, and our community and their parents. They have their slipups, but they know how they're suppoosed to handle it...just that sometimes in extreme emotion, it's going to happen.

Like I said, great post!:thumb::D

Fans who try to make their team look better than what they really are could be living in "La La Land". If you think losing to a team with their 3rd and 4th string qb's playing is ok or a moral victory that is very sad..

So your justification is, "they lost, but are happy for their performance in that loss (actually a sign of respect for Trinity that seems to be lost on you), so I need to make sure they understand that we should have beat them worse, because winning is not enough"?

You're right, that's pretty sad...

So your justification is, "they lost, but are happy for their performance in that loss (actually a sign of respect for Trinity that seems to be lost on you), so I need to make sure they understand that we should have beat them worse, because winning is not enough"?

You're right, that's pretty sad...

Your not getting it obviously.. That is not what I am saying at all..