Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Highlands still shoot the "CANNON' off ?

Featured Replies

A little morning trivia to get the cannon crazy's alert for football friday. Can anyone answer what year and what game the cannon was first fired? :confused:

I am going to take a guess of 91' season. Man I heard that thing go off so many times when AShland went up there I still have a headache from it.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going to take a guess of 91' season. Man I heard that thing go off so many times when AShland went up there I still have a headache from it.
It's been around (at least) since the early 70's.
I think it's still on it's way back from Louisville.

 

 

I told you DUCT TAPE! :lol: :lol:

Ya know the cannon is another reason why so many people hate Highlands.

 

The best is the out-of-NKY teams fans who have no clue and jump about a mile off their seats and then look like Fred Sanford as they clutch their chests and start cursing.

 

The runner-up is the fans of NKY teams that know it is coming and are determined to not jump or acknowledge in any way that a cannon just fired a sound bomb right thru them. They try to maintain conversations and casually sip on their soft drinks but eventually after the fourth or fifth time they start cursing too. :D

I told you DUCT TAPE! :lol: :lol:

 

Didn't work. ;)

Ya know the cannon is another reason why so many people hate Highlands.

 

The best is the out-of-NKY teams fans who have no clue and jump about a mile off their seats and then look like Fred Sanford as they clutch their chests and start cursing.

 

The runner-up is the fans of NKY teams that know it is coming and are determined to not jump or acknowledge in any way that a cannon just fired a sound bomb right thru them. They try to maintain conversations and casually sip on their soft drinks but eventually after the fourth or fifth time they start cursing too. :D

I don't know too many wing officials who care much for it either. (HUH? Somebody answer that phone!)

 

offside

You must know me.....or been to one of our games! :devil:

 

great avatar!!

The best is the out-of-NKY teams fans who have no clue and jump about a mile off their seats and then look like Fred Sanford as they clutch their chests and start cursing.
I sometimes wish I had binoculars, just to get the close-up reactions. :lol:

While we try to figure out the cannon trivia, here's some more trivia for you:

 

Tonight will mark Highlands' 990th football game! We will have our 1000th game some time next season.

 

I hope it's a home game and it's recognized in some way.*

 

 

 

 

 

*Hint to those who could make it happen. ;)

Ya know the cannon is another reason why so many people hate Highlands.

 

The best is the out-of-NKY teams fans who have no clue and jump about a mile off their seats and then look like Fred Sanford as they clutch their chests and start cursing.

 

The runner-up is the fans of NKY teams that know it is coming and are determined to not jump or acknowledge in any way that a cannon just fired a sound bomb right thru them. They try to maintain conversations and casually sip on their soft drinks but eventually after the fourth or fifth time they start cursing too. :D

Well I was one of those fans the first time I heard it.

great avatar!!
Thanks! My brother gets credit for the art work. :thumb:
Well I was one of those fans the first time I heard it.

 

The other night before the Ft. Thomas Jr. Football All-Star game they set it off as I was eating some pizza. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting the cannon to go off at that time!!

It's been around (at least) since the early 70's.

 

 

Earlier

Earlier

I've got a friend named Bruce who was on the cannon squad, he just retired so I'm gonna guess, 1963.

I've got a friend named Bruce who was on the cannon squad, he just retired so I'm gonna guess, 1963.

 

That's a little early. A hint: We won state that year. :dancingpa

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you guys can't get the answer with this spoon fed hint your hopeless

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.