Does Highlands still shoot the "CANNON' off ?

That's a little early. A hint: We won state that year. :dancingpa

If you guys can't get the answer with this spoon fed hint your hopeless

He just retired from work, not the cannon squad BTW. He retired from the cannon squad years ago.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a friend named Bruce who was on the cannon squad, he just retired so I'm gonna guess, 1963.

This is my first year on the cannon crew, i don't remember anybody by the name of bruce being involved. If there was, it would have a long time ago. The guys that have been doing it for the last 20 or so years were: Bill Johnson,Zeke Reynolds,Jerry Kohls,Charlie Kemplin,Reno Deaton and Tony Neltner. All Six will probably be retired after this year. These guys have been through alot of Highlands football the last 20 years. I wonder how many times they have shot the cannon off over that period of time. What a bunch of great guys. Don't worry, after extensive research of candidates is done over the off season the ole cannon will be in goods hands. :D

This is my first year on the cannon crew, i don't remember anybody by the name of bruce being involved. If there was, it would have a long time ago. The guys that have been doing it for the last 20 or so years were: Bill Johnson,Zeke Reynolds,Jerry Kohls,Charlie Kemplin,Reno Deaton and Tony Neltner. All Six will probably be retired after this year. These guys have been through alot of Highlands football the last 20 years. I wonder how many times they have shot the cannon off over that period of time. What a bunch of great guys. Don't worry, after extensive research of candidates is done over the off season the ole cannon will be in goods hands. :D

scratchchin.gif Who could be in the next "Crew?"

There is still about 20 or so years before that of cannoneers (sp)