Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Poor Fan Behavior

Featured Replies

I am not sure where to start. I have been watching Ky High School football for nearly 20 years. Five of those as a "football dad" and never have I heard the type of language I heard last night from male Cov Cath Fans (not students) directed at their own players. I can understand the occasional slip of the tongue when you think the official blew a call. But to use curse words directed at players standing 30 feet in front of you is unacceptable. I am not accusing anyone of cursing out a player, just yelling at them using curse words.

 

To be fair there were Cov Cath fans sitting around me who were well behaved and uncomfortable with the language. I am not trying to say that Cov Cath fans are worse than other fans, only that last night was the worst I have ever heard.

 

Sparkey

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fan yelling at a high school player is totally unacceptable without foul language. To use profanity toward a kid giving his best is sickening.

I agree Sparkey, but sadly have chalked it up to where our society is now.

 

The sidelines and field can be just as bad in terms of the language.

I think a so called "adult" using language at a kid playing HIGH SCHOOL football is totally inappropriate. Any other adults around in the area that may know a person that does this should call them down.

Just another classic example of people's inability to put sports -- and especially high school sports -- in its proper perspective.

.

 

To be fair there were Cov Cath fans sitting around me who were well behaved

 

Sparkey

 

We usually like to strategically place at least one good fan around the opposition's fans.

Just another classic example of people's inability to put sports -- and especially high school sports -- in its proper perspective.

 

BINGO!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

They were probably the same ones at the Cooper VS Cov Cath scrimmage earlier this year. TOG called them out as well.

Too bad. I just dont get it. We had a similar incident last nite at Boone Cty but not with adults but with kids. We were congregating as always and displaying our Highlands colors and some BC students on the tennis courts had a bull horn and were directing obsenities at our group which included younger kids. One of our Highlands supporters walked over to the kids and kindly asked them not to use foul language and they basically stopped. I give the kids credit for respecting an adult and I believe it was handled correctly without confortation or screaming. The problem I had was there were BC parents and adults opposite of us that simply did nothing about it. Kids are kids and they make mistakes but adults must be held accountable for their own and in this threads case they should have taken care of their own. If something like this happened at a HHS game I can gurantee you that this person or persons would be told to SHUT IT or leave. I gues like someone else said on here this is where our society has gone. In the toilet. JMO.

Too bad. I just dont get it. We had a similar incident last nite at Boone Cty but not with adults but with kids. We were congregating as always and displaying our Highlands colors and some BC students on the tennis courts had a bull horn and were directing obsenities at our group which included younger kids. One of our Highlands supporters walked over to the kids and kindly asked them not to use foul language and they basically stopped. I give the kids credit for respecting an adult and I believe it was handled correctly without confortation or screaming. The problem I had was there were BC parents and adults opposite of us that simply did nothing about it. Kids are kids and they make mistakes but adults must be held accountable for their own and in this threads case they should have taken care of their own. If something like this happened at a HHS game I can gurantee you that this person or persons would be told to SHUT IT or leave. I gues like someone else said on here this is where our society has gone. In the toilet. JMO.

 

The worse display I have seen was at the regional tourney last year when Mason's Co. student section were spitting on our players, throwing things on them and the coaches. Their Adm. was told about it, but they did not stop them.

I was at Boone last night right by the tennis courts and I did not hear any foul language by that group of kids in the tennis courts. Maybe I left before it started. I'm glad they stopped when asked, but please don't assume that we adults heard and stood by and did nothing, because that's not the case.

I'll admit, When I went to CCH there were a few to many high strung dads. I'm not really suprised. Most of the parents are 100% supportive though.

When SK played Dixie a Dixie dad was yelling at Dixie players and every play the coach called. I don't understand why these people bother coming to the game they sure don't enjoy it. The best part of the Dixie dad was every time he would yell my 4 year old son would turn around and look at him and yell go big blue I was loving it.

The worse display I have seen was at the regional tourney last year when Mason's Co. student section were spitting on our players, throwing things on them and the coaches. Their Adm. was told about it, but they did not stop them.

 

I was at that game. I don't think you're being entirely truthful. The students were overdoing it and the principal did take action. There seems to be a lot of bad blood between Mason and GRC on the basketball court and you're certainly stirring it up with a one sided view. It was certainly a disappointing loss for GRC considering they led most of the game.

 

The only things I yell at players is cheering a good play and encouragement. Of course, I'm the guy who, when I played, congratulated my opponents when they made good plays. (I confess I feel it usually gave me a slight advantage when my opponent thought I was a good guy.)

There was an incident a couple of years ago at a HHS vs. Pendelton Co. post season soccer game. The PCHS student section was next to the HHS parent section and at the end of the game, which HHS won, the Pendelton students threw cupcakes at the HHS parents. I believe there were plenty of Pendelton parents around but the throwing of cupcakes continued.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.