How will Highlands fill out their schedule in 2011?

HIGHLANDS GUY

It is no secret that Highlands has had trouble finding opponents to fill out their schedule.

Lets assume their district opponents are:

- Cov. Cath.

- Cooper

- Holmes

Which leads to several questions:

Is there another NKY team that will schedule Highlands?

With Highlands having a shot at challenging for the winning streak record, will Mueller look to avoid to avoid any big GCL schools, Trinity, or St. X to better their chances at setting the record?

It is no secret that Highlands has had trouble finding opponents to fill out their schedule.

- Cov. Cath.

- Cooper

- Holmes

With Highlands having a shot at challenging for the winning streak record, will Mueller look to avoid to avoid any big GCL schools, Trinity, or St. X to better their chances at setting the record?

I just think you exposed just how silly this record is.......meaningless

- Cov. Cath.

- Cooper

- Holmes

Why would Cooper be a district opponent? They're one of the bigger 6A schools already.

If Highlands were to drop to 4A, their district would likely be the following:

Holmes

Covcath

Pendleton Co

From the information I and many have read, received or heard about, it sure looks like the NKy 4A District will line up this way:

Cooper

Covington Catholic

Covington Holmes

Harrison County

Highlands

Pendleton County

Coopers enrollment numbers, the one that the KHSAA are using to classify are not huge. If you are talking about the next couple of years you would be correct, but the KHSAA has used (for reasons only they know) old enrollment numbers!

If these numbers hold up, Highlands will only have to find five teams to schedule and they shouldn't have any trouble finding five teams to play them.

Ryle, Dixie, Beechwod/NCC, one Louisville team and an Ohio team would round out their schedule easy!

My guess is CovCath will play Beechwood, Dixie, NCC, all huge rivalry games that draw big crowds maybe a La Salle or another GCL team and if they are not in 4A LexCath .

From the information I and many have read, received or heard about, it sure looks like the NKy 4A District will line up this way:

Cooper

Covington Catholic

Covington Holmes

Harrison County

Highlands

Pendleton County

Coopers enrollment numbers, the one that the KHSAA are using to classify are not huge. If you are talking about the next couple of years you would be correct, but the KHSAA has used (for reasons only they know) old enrollment numbers!

If these numbers hold up, Highlands will only have to find five teams to schedule and they shouldn't have any trouble finding five teams to play them.

Ryle, Dixie, Beechwod/NCC, one Louisville team and an Ohio team would round out their schedule easy!

My guess is CovCath will play Beechwood, Dixie, NCC, all huge rivalry games that draw big crowds maybe a La Salle or another GCL team and if they are not in 4A LexCath .

I'm thinking Highlands will probably not be playing either Beechwood or NCC in 2011. Maybe I'm wrong.

Home and Home with Bowling Green would be a nice state game and could be competitive series. Maybe play it early in the season on a Saturday due to travel distance.

T and X on the schedule are the games most people around the state would like to see. Therse are by far the top 3 programs in the state and should play each other on some type of rotation. Maybe HHS and T one year and HHS and X the next.

Lou Central seems to be willing to play anybody, any place, anytime.

The Highlands / Boyle games were good games when Chuck Smith was at Boyle, maybe Boyle is ready to play them again.