Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middletown, OH 34 Simon Kenton 0

Featured Replies

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I saw he was in the update thread predicting SK would win the rest of their games this year.

I found him... :D

 

Eating_Crow.jpg

 

I don't have grey hair or a full beard!

I don't have grey hair or a full beard!

 

But you do have a face full of crow... :thumb:

  • Author

ukfan#1fan's prediction read, "I think SK wins this game 35 to 14!" What happened between now and then that had a 55 point swing from your prediction to the actual outcome. I assume you were at the game... Can you elaborate on how that could have happened?

Does this game say more about the Middies, which i know nothing about, or SK?? I say SK may lose 3 to 4 games in the regular season.

Originally Posted by ABC2

I dont get it why does everyone start making excuses as soon as they lose to an Ohio team. Is that St X said last year when they got beat in Ft Thomas????????

Trust me ABC2 I don't make excuses. Ohio football is better. That is my statement. Highlands beat Cincy St. X last year, and how many games do you think the Bombers won in the playoffs? Look it up- you may be suprised. St. X had a disappointing year in 2009. Ask Coach Specht.

 

Lets see i did speak tp coach Specht for a long time about last season. Yes it is a dissapointing season for the Boomers when they dont win state. See at Sk people get happy when they make the playoffs but at top quality programs like X and Highlands they are excepated to win state every year and compete for national titles not just distric wins nd if those two things dont happen it is a bad season.

ukfan#1fan's prediction read, "I think SK wins this game 35 to 14!" What happened between now and then that had a 55 point swing from your prediction to the actual outcome. I assume you were at the game... Can you elaborate on how that could have happened?

 

I hit my head on a rock walking from the parking garage to the game thats my story and I am sticking to it LOL.

Can someone elaborate on the defensive scheme the Middies uses to contain such speed?

I hit my head on a rock walking from the parking garage to the game thats my story and I am sticking to it LOL.

 

 

Is the rock okay?:D

Can someone elaborate on the defensive scheme the Middies uses to contain such speed?

 

Clyde,

No defensive scheme needed. SK lined up in the spreed offense and tried to run outside and throw the football the whole game. SK was in the shotgun and the Middletown's defense was beating the ball back to the QB. SK made no adjustments the entire game. Middletown is a very quick team and to try to get outside on them will be hard for any team. SK ran the ball in between the tackels a few times with success but never went back to it? I'm no coach but if somethings not working I think I would try something different. "Not at SK, at least not today" No offical stats but I'm guessing that SK ran under 10 play under center and the rest was out of the gun. They probably had as many yard under center in those ten plays as they did the rest of the game. As for the defense? They were worn out as they spent most of the first half on the field but the bottom line is they have to do a better job tackling. A lot of Middletowns big plays were a result of missed tackels. I guess the bottom line is that I expected more out of SK. I wish them well but I'm afraid they are in for a long season. If they were to play Ryle tomorrow, Ryle would win by 5 tochdowns. They'll win some games this year as they don't have that tough of a schedule but without an O line they won't win many.

The S.K. defense wasn't all that bad their offense gave them no help. The defense never quit playing or trying, at least it did not look like it to me.

 

Even though the offense from M-Town was two maybe three steps faster than the S.K. defense those kids at times played well and hit a ton.

 

The O-Line did nothing for S.K. I.M.O. they were manhandled and they were so much slower than the def line from M-Town.

 

Speed was a huge factor M-Town was fast on offense as a group.

 

I think play calling hurt S.K. a lot. Can't figure out why they kept trying to run side to side at a team that was so much faster especially on the outside.

 

I can see M-Town making the playoffs but as a 7 or 8 seed and I think they fall in round one.

Middletown is not the team they were last year. The Middies are very, very young. I think they start 2 Sr's on offense and 3 Sr's on defense. They play a lot of Sophomore's and the best player on the field was their Sophomore QB Jalin Marshall. This kid is special. He was a man among boys in this game. Middletown will be a force next year and the year after but I don't think they will be much of a threat for a deep playoff run this year.

 

Simon Kenton was a much better team last year. They were way in over their heads today against a much faster team. Parker Deters was the only player for SK who looked like he belonged. He had a fantastic game. I've seen SK play 3 times over the past 2 years and in each game Deters was the best player on defense. I'm not sure why the kid doesn't get more recognition. With Simpson gone, SK's strength is with their defense. Don't look for SK to be as explosive on offense as they have been the past couple years. IMO, I think they will have their hands full in what I think is a tougher district than what most are predicting this year. With that being said, no one in NKY would have given Middletown much of a game, let alone beat them save for maybe Highlands. Ohio football, especially at the D-1 level is so much better than what we have here in KY its almost ridiculous.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.