Drought?

stickymitts

On the west end of the state there has been very little rain the past 2 1/2 months and extremely hot temps.

Your right about that. We've had one significant rainfall since the end of June. I have not mowed some parts of my yard in 6 weeks.

Your right about that. We've had one significant rainfall since the end of June. I have not mowed some parts of my yard in 6 weeks.

Wished I could say that. I've not missed a beat and if anything, 5 days after mowing it's ready again. Can't even make a full week until it's ready to be mowed again.

We've not been overwhelmed by it here in BG, but we've still gotten some. I think it's around 7 inches of rain since the end of June, with two days of over 1 inch. It was for precious little time, but it rained on our first football game on Saturday.

Mine has been patchy here and there and some that has not grown in weeks, but for the better part of two months the mowing has been much easier.

We had enough in late spring/early summer to last for quite a while. None in the forecast for the next few days, though.

Don't know where your living, but according to Lexington and Cincinnati stations we have been well below normal all year. This has absolutely been the worst summer can ever remember for temps and no rain. Fall/winter can't come soon enough, can't wait to wear jeans and sweat shirts, been wearing shorts since the regional tournament, no spring or fall for many years it seems in this area

2007 was worse than this IMO.

In my neighborhood people are putting out their sprinklers to water their grass. Me? I prefer to put out heat lamps. :D

07' was worse from June on maybe, but 10-15 degree above normal temps started in March this year and humidity has been worse than 07'. First year can ever remember starting mowing in March and needing air conditioiner in April

Don't know where your living, but according to Lexington and Cincinnati stations we have been well below normal all year. This has absolutely been the worst summer can ever remember for temps and no rain. Fall/winter can't come soon enough, can't wait to wear jeans and sweat shirts, been wearing shorts since the regional tournament, no spring or fall for many years it seems in this area

Living here in Maysville, where the yearly rainfall is seven and a half inches - about 30% - higher than average. Maybe things are different in your neck of the woods

Rainfall Totals
Hourly Rain 0.00 in
Daily Rain: 0.00 in
Monthly Rain: 1.14 in
Yearly Rain: 33.39 in
Normal Rain, month to date: 1.01 in
Normal Rain, year to date: 25.78 in

http://web.qx.net/robertb/weather/