Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheldon Clark @ Leslie Predictions

Featured Replies

From my earlier post I would like to appologize to all on BGP especially Leslie Co (fans, players, coaches and parents). From my post it may have seemed to be pointed directly at you out of hate or fear but it was nothing like that. It was just my way of expressing what I know will be a great ballgame come Friday night there in Hyden and hopefully the following week as well. It was not to be something smart or to say that we are better it was just a little message that I should have read over better and shown better taste than what I did. I am sorry if I got something started that should have never came up and I hope that over all we will have a great ballgame from two very respectful teams come tomorrow night.

Have that being said I am still cheering for the Cardinals with all hopes that they go into Hyden and pull off the upset. I hope both teams play with pride and that great love for the game and remember one team will live to play another week, while one will not. Just give it your all and don't hold anything back.......... 48 minutes or longer......who wants it the most? Only time will tell.

 

Go Cards!!!!! :banana:

 

nice post

  • Replies 133
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my earlier post I would like to appologize to all on BGP especially Leslie Co (fans, players, coaches and parents). From my post it may have seemed to be pointed directly at you out of hate or fear but it was nothing like that. It was just my way of expressing what I know will be a great ballgame come Friday night there in Hyden and hopefully the following week as well. It was not to be something smart or to say that we are better it was just a little message that I should have read over better and shown better taste than what I did. I am sorry if I got something started that should have never came up and I hope that over all we will have a great ballgame from two very respectful teams come tomorrow night.

Have that being said I am still cheering for the Cardinals with all hopes that they go into Hyden and pull off the upset. I hope both teams play with pride and that great love for the game and remember one team will live to play another week, while one will not. Just give it your all and don't hold anything back.......... 48 minutes or longer......who wants it the most? Only time will tell.

 

Go Cards!!!!! :banana:

 

Nice post... :thumb:

If we both somehow meet I wonder if we can beat the crowd of the Regional Championship Couches Senior year? That was one crowded ball game. I think if both teams met it would be a huge crowd but I dont know about that size. Belfry travesl well.

SC travels fairly well to and should travel even better with this being a playoff game and a huge one at that. Some from both sides may see it as a route and it may be. But I really do seeing this as one of the top 5 AA games in the state this week.

Couches Senior year was my Junior year of HS so I was there and I KNOW we can beat that crowd. It was absolutely amazing as I always stood next to our football players on the field :dancingpa

It sounds like this thread has turned into a Leslie-Belfry thread. :lol:

It sounds like this thread has turned into a Leslie-Belfry thread. :lol:

I was thinking the exact same thing.... just makes ya wonder how everyone gets pulled into these threads. I wish everyone would just stop and remember what its all about. It's about the kids and for the kids. Don't like all this we're better than you stuff. Everyone's team is the best to them and their fans and that's exactly how it should be!!!!! :rolleyes::cool:

This should be a good game. if Leslie Co. is as good as adveritsed then I expect the Pond Creek Nation to be heading to Hyden. I also agree that Sheldon Clark has a ton of heart and are very well coached. I am sure that Leslie respects SC just as Belfry respects Middlesboro, if any team comes into a region semi final game expecting less than a dogfight then they might just be bouncing the roundball at thier respective school. I have no preference of the winner as long as the best team wins. I wouldnt mind to see SC win so Belfry can play at home, but in a way I wouldnt mind to travel to Hyden, KY and sit with my adversary EagleMan4Life, win or lose I bet we would have a good time . Folks this is high school football at its best, just be glad that these 4 schools in the region have the previlige to argue the point of who might win .. cause many are doing sprints/suicides right now on the hardwood!

As for Leslie's team being too cocky. How do posts by 3 Leslie County fans portray the cockiness of the entire Leslie football team. Whether or not these inviduals play football for Leslie County or just happen to be a fan of the program, IMHO, it does not decide if the team is "big-headed" as others have put it.

As for the game, it doesn't matter what is said here. The only thing that does matter is what is done on Friday night. Whoever comes out with the most heart will win.

Sheldon Clark 26

Leslie County 22

Yes we will and I must ask you now instead of later...Do you want fed with a spoon, fork, or do you prefer eating crow with your hands? :laugh:

When it comes to crow, the Leslie faithful know the menu quite well. Remember Bell County??

 

Leslie 27

Bell 21

 

I think Leslie will strugle towards the end of the game due to most of their players play both sides of the ball. Bell is physical and will wear a team down. Leslie will need some big plays, lots of stamina and a little luck but it can be done. Go eagles.

 

Leslie 28

 

Bell 21

 

After watching Bell on film they don't seem to be as tough as everyone has said. I think leslie will pull an upset this friday at log mountain.

 

And my favorite ---

 

I think this game will be a lot closer than most people think. I think this one will be a defensive struggle, and the team who catches a break such as a turnover will win the game. This will be a BIG test in seeing if Leslie can stop the run and will determine if they win their district. Two questions for you BGP's:

 

1.) Can Leslie stop the run and capitalize on the somewhat weak passing defense of Bell and getting the ball and give their QB time to throw and open lanes for Ryan Howard to run?... if so then Leslie can win this ball game. Score: Bell-21 Leslie-23

 

2.) Can Leslie handle a hostile road enviroment such as Log Mountain? If Leslie doesn't stop the run and Bell keeps possession for most of the game, then this will be a defensive battle. Can Leslie fight back on O and score enough to cover up the defense... if so, the score is: Bell-28 Leslie-29 in OT.

 

 

 

For a team that hasn't been past the second round in a long time, making plans to entertain Belfry next week is dangerous at this point in the season.

When it comes to crow, the Leslie faithful know the menu quite well. Remember Bell County??

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And my favorite ---

 

 

 

 

For a team that hasn't been past the second round in a long time, making plans to entertain Belfry next week is dangerous at this point in the season.

That is why we are so excited, because we haven't been this far in a very long time...We are very proud of all our boys.... :dancingpa
That is why we are so excited, because we haven't been this far in a very long time...We are very proud of all our boys.... :dancingpa

:thumb: enjoy the success while you can, it only comes around once every 7-8 years in Hyden it seems............lol......Just kidding, I think that the Eagles have the right to enjoy their success, and hope they or Middlesboro win the Stata title, but who knows what will happen? I think that if the Eagles come ready to take care of business they win my 2+ touchdowns.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.