Sheldon Clark @ Leslie Predictions

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kybigguy42

Its a good thing that we don't decide playoff games by comparing scores with mutual opponents. Football is all about matchups. This will be a competitive game for sure.

This is a very interesting matchup and I'm looking forward to reading about it after the game.

Leslie is on fire and playing very well. They haven't been in a competitive game in two months, which may be good or bad. Sheldon Clark has played in some close games the last few weeks, though, and may respond better in a tight game situation if the game is close.

One thing about SC that stands out in my mind is their ability to move the chains and eat up the clock. They had the ball an entire quarter nearly on one drive against Belfry. If they can do that and not turn the ball over, I like their chances against Leslie.

On the other hand, Leslie seems to be a two headed monster who can score by land or by air very quickly on any given play. With the ability to score that fast on big plays, they could be up 21-0 in a blink.

I'd like to watch this game in person, should be a dandy. The team who can dictate the pace may come out on top in this one.

Leslie Co. will be a hand full for the SC team,they are hands down the best team in this region.We didn't feel going into our game that they were a very fisical team ,but found out very fast that this was far from the truth.They have very good team speed and have a back(#3) that has more moves than exlack.Their QB is a athlete,he lines up 7-9 yds deep in the shotgun and has days to throw,they block the crashing ends very well,as does their large line,they move well to be that big.Their recivers run very good routes,and if they see that #11 is getting heat, will come back to the ball.#11 can thread the ball like a needle and if you can't put pressure on him ,you're in big trouble.SC will have trouble containing him,he rolls out well and can burn you on the QB keeper,he loves the sideline fade routes and he can put it on a dime if given time. VERY ACURATE!! Their best running play against us was the counter,#3 will leave you grabing at air,he may not have blasing speed but his side to side movement is second to none.I may get some heat on this but IMO, This team will beat Belfry by 20,if you don't have a great secondary you will not beat this team.They line the QB up so deep in the shotgun that the defense,even if you have a great pass rush,has plenty of time to hit his recievers.The best film to scout this team with would be the Bell game, Try to copy their lead!!! Good luck to Sheldon Clark.... YOUR GOIN' TO NEED IT!!

Beat Belfry by 20???? *Snickers* :fight: Good luck Sheldon Clark! I hope we meet next weekend in the play offs! If we don't meet don't under estimate our pirates it's been quite sometime since you lined up with them in the play offs! I'm not sure exactly when it was but I can remember quite a bit about our play offs with you when I was in school.

I think Leslie County will suprise some people because they have saved their best playing for the last few games...I would be very suprised to see any team (including Belfry) beat Leslie County, especially at home...The Leslie County fans will be there to cheer these boys on to VICTORY!!!! :dancingpa

I really hope that the "big heads" of Leslie Co get popped after the dust settles Friday night. They seem so confident that they are the team to beat seeing as how they have won 2 back to back state championships. Oh wait Belfry is the 2 time defending AA state champions....My bad....HA......Sheldon Clark I really hope that you all take your A game Friday night so you can show Leslie what this side of the region is all about. Take it to them on their on home field and show them the true meaning of Smashmouth football and walk away knowing your going to make a trip to CAM stadium the following week. Go CARDINALS....All of Pond Creek is behind you.

:dancingpa :fire:

I will be the one to tell you " I told you so!" No ofense to anyone on here. Just stating my opinion like everyone else. Some people get a little crazy about their team. I look forward to seeing the outcome. Good luck to all remaining teams!

Well its a good thing nobody's opinion here matters. Because friday night none of this is going to matter. It WILL be whoever lines up and hits harder and doesn't let up. It will be about who wants it more. And those boys from Inez are awfully hungry! :fight:

I really hope that the "big heads" of Leslie Co get popped after the dust settles Friday night. They seem so confident that they are the team to beat seeing as how they have won 2 back to back state championships. Oh wait Belfry is the 2 time defending AA state champions....My bad....HA......Sheldon Clark I really hope that you all take your A game Friday night so you can show Leslie what this side of the region is all about. Take it to them on their on home field and show them the true meaning of Smashmouth football and walk away knowing your going to make a trip to CAM stadium the following week. Go CARDINALS....All of Pond Creek is behind you.

:dancingpa :fire:

TO: the Belfry PIRATES

Dont over look those Jackets just yet!!!

P.S.

I would say that all of Pond creek is behind you SC. The reason sounds like to me that the belfry guys are a little scared of Leslie High powered Offense.

Myself i think this should be a great game with leslie pulling out the win in the fourth. Nothing against Belfry but sounds like they are the team that is COCKY in this region. This may come back to hurt them in the end.

GOOD LUCK to both teams may the best team WIN and whoever it is beat Middlesboro/Belfry in the REGION finials.