1. 1. Which side are you on?

• Revis
    • Jets

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Revis but I am somewhat on the Jets side. 60/40 Revis.

If you are going to proclaim that you have the best DB in the league, you better be ready to pony up. This instance is different because the Jets are not fully opposed to restructuring some things, just not what he wants. It is not as if they are forcing Revis to play at his 1 million dollar salary.

The life of an NFL player is normally short lived. I do not blame a player at all for cashing in when he can.

The NFL is the one league that I feel you really have to side with the players. Contracts are guaranteed, most guys never make it to the end of their deals. Get your money while you can Revis. If the Jets won't pay top dollar this year someone else will next season. He's the best in the league and he deserves to be paid like it IMO.

Didn't he just get like a bonus of 10 Mil not long again? He is being a baby, take a smaller deal and be done with it. You signed the contract at the time because you were happy with it. Now deal with it.

Ludicrous. If he was performing under his contract they would cut him and they could without paying him. If he over performs his contract and the Jets admit he has then he should get a new deal.

Didn't he just get like a bonus of 10 Mil not long again? He is being a baby, take a smaller deal and be done with it. You signed the contract at the time because you were happy with it. Now deal with it.

I know that you are in the minority on this, but I'm joining you. If you don't like the contract, you shouldn't have signed it.

He was a rookie when he signed it. Should Chris Johnson have not have wanted any more money either?

With economic times the way they are, I don't think players who already make millions of dollars need to hold out and complain until they make more. Just my feeling, don't get greedy. Play for the length of the contract you signed, then negotiate a new deal.

He needs to honor the contract that he signed. Once it's fulfilled, then you negotiate a new one. I read somewhere that he is losing 16K/day. That is ridiculous. These guys are pre-madonnas in the truest sense. The NFL's labor agreement is what it is, and the players need to abide by it. Should it be changed? Who knows, that's a whole different topic. If i'm Jets ownership, we move on without him.

He needs to honor the contract that he signed. Once it's fulfilled, then you negotiate a new one. I read somewhere that he is losing 16K/day. That is ridiculous. These guys are pre-madonnas in the truest sense. The NFL's labor agreement is what it is, and the players need to abide by it. Should it be changed? Who knows, that's a whole different topic. If i'm Jets ownership, we move on without him.

The team doesn't have to honor his contract. They can cut guys that don't perform. The rookie contract situation as a whole is terrible.

With economic times the way they are, I don't think players who already make millions of dollars need to hold out and complain until they make more. Just my feeling, don't get greedy. Play for the length of the contract you signed, then negotiate a new deal.

So let the greedy owners who don't sacrifice their body make all the money off of the players who risk injury? Makes good business sense for the players.