Bengal Receivers

I know everyone seems to think Caldwell is a lock to make it, but I don't think so. Or at least I don't think he should be a lock. As of right if they were to keep six, the six I would like to see them keep are:

Chad

TO

Bryant

Shipley

Crosby

Simpson or Briscoe

I just don't see Caldwell ever being anything better than a #3 or 4 receiver in his career. So if Simpson finally shows them something, I think they should keep him instead because he can one day be a #1 IMO.

I know its early, and we won't be able to tell much until after a few more games. However who do you all think the Bengals keep at receiver, or who do you want them to keep.

Ocho and TO of course. Jones actually had a good showing last night. Special team play will come into play. Cosby and Caldwell? I think Shipley stays. It also looked like Simpson was getting open last night, just didn't have anyone that could throw it to him. Who am I overlooking? Bryant, forgot about him. Not sure on him with the injury and cost.

Ocho and TO of course. Jones actually had a good showing last night. Special team play will come into play. Cosby and Caldwell? I think Shipley stays. It also looked like Simpson was getting open last night, just didn't have anyone that could throw it to him. Who am I overlooking? Bryant, forgot about him. Not sure on him with the injury and cost.

I just really hope they don't cut Cosby. He is a good punt returned, and IMO I think he brings just as much the table at receiver as Caldwell does. I would rather the Bengals keep him instead of Caldwell.

I know everyone seems to think Caldwell is a lock to make it, but I don't think so. Or at least I don't think he should be a lock. As of right if they were to keep six, the six I would like to see them keep are:

Chad

TO

Bryant

Shipley

Crosby

Simpson or Briscoe

I just don't see Caldwell ever being anything better than a #3 or 4 receiver in his career. So if Simpson finally shows them something, I think they should keep him instead because he can one day be a #1 IMO.

I think that list is close and the final list will be determined by Bryant's knee and who the Bengals think they can get through to the practice squad. I do think Caldwell will probably stick. I think he had too many drops last year but he also had some big catches. With Bryant's knee being iffy, I don't see the Bengals letting Caldwell go unless they see Matt Jones filling his slot. They need another experienced, proven receiver in addition to Bryant, Ocho and TO. I absolutely want Shipley with the Bengals. I see them trying to keep Briscoe hidden in preseason and slipping him to the practice squad. Simpson likely will be gone since he was not able to earn his time over the past two years.

From a non Bengals fan, Jones looked very good last night. I know he has had his run ins, but before all the trouble, guy was one of the best receivers in the league.

When was he ever one of the best receivers in the league? He's never caught over 41 passes in a season, he's never had over 761 yards in a season and he's never had over 5 touchdowns in a season.

When was he ever one of the best receivers in the league? He's never caught over 41 passes in a season, he's never had over 761 yards in a season and he's never had over 5 touchdowns in a season.

In his first couple of seasons in the league he was very highly touted on a team with a limited passing attack. His athleticism made a lot of plays for the Jaguars and that led to him being their go to guy and number one receiving option. Normally if your an NFL teams number one, then your one of the leagues best, I don't care if you play on the Rams. I never said he was a Pro Bowler, just that he was one of the best, IMO there was a couple year stretch in which he was. He was still getting better before the arrest happened. but if you can bring in 41 receptions and over 700 yards and be a teams 4th, 5th, or 6th guy then thats good IMO.

There are like 32 teams in the NFL...and there were many #2 and possibly #3 WRs on other teams that were better than Matt Jones when he was in JAX. Also, wouldn't one of the best WRs, as you stated, usually make the Pro Bowl?

He didn't bring in 40 recs and 700 yards as a 4th, 5th, or 6th option. He did it when you said he was a #1, while most #1's bring anywhere between 1,000-1,400 yds a season. If he makes this team as a 4-6, he won't even come close to those numbers.

This has to be one of the weaker arguements of the year.

He didn't bring in 40 recs and 700 yards as a 4th, 5th, or 6th option. He did it when you said he was a #1, while most #1's bring anywhere between 1,000-1,400 yds a season. If he makes this team as a 4-6, he won't even come close to those numbers.

By good I mean good for the Bengals. Your talking about a guy who some are saying won't even make the team, but he is capable of having a 700 yard season, IMO that has to be a good thing for them to have those kind of options.

As for my argument there is no argument on my part. You guys are acting like I said he was top 20 or even top 30, your acting like I said he was better than Larry Fitzgerald. I know football, I'm not dumb, just because I generalized my statement way too much doesn't turn it into an argument on my part trying to say he is a top 10 guy. All I'm trying to say is he was good. He was praised for his athleticism and skill, and many around the league liked what he was doing in his first couple of years. I think he would be a good addition to the Bengals roster as long as he keeps his head on straight.

As for my argument there is no argument on my part. You guys are acting like I said he was top 20 or even top 30, your acting like I said he was better than Larry Fitzgerald. I know football, I'm not dumb, just because I generalized my statement way too much doesn't turn it into an argument on my part trying to say he is a top 10 guy.

It's just that usually when people say, "one of the best" that would mean top 30 IMO. Matt Jones was never, and will never be that. Could he help this team? Possibly, but I can think of at least four WR's I want on this squad before him.

I'm getting so old I am starting to walk like Larry King so tell me... what is booga suga?

I don't speak the language, but I'd guess cocaine.

From a non Bengals fan, Jones looked very good last night. I know he has had his run ins, but before all the trouble, guy was one of the best receivers in the league.

One of the best WR in the league? C'mon Dolamite. He's never been one of the best 100 WRs in the league.