Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sypher extortion case

Featured Replies

Anyone in the Louisville area keeping up with the proceedings?

 

Saw where Pitino testified today. http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100729/NEWS01/307290031/Rick-Pitino-becomes-emotional-describing-embarrassment-from-Karen-Sypher-case

 

“It has been extremely embarrassing,’’ the University of Louisville men’s basketball coach testified on the fourth day of Sypher’s extortion trial in U.S. District Court. “The most difficult thing was telling my wife and family.”Pitino, whose testimony ended at noon, paused and appeared to be struggling to compose himself before adding he believes it also cost him the chance to continue working with his son, Richard Pitino, a former U of L assistant coach.

The younger Pitino left U of L last year at the end of the 2009 basketball season to take a job as an assistant men’s basketball coach at the University of Florida, a move his father said he encouraged.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I guess that debunks Richard leaving on his own accord simply because he was a hot commodity as many debated last year.

 

I wish no pain towards Pitino's family. Tough situation to endure.

It's all happening right down the street from me as we speak. :lol:

 

I had to fill out a questionnaire back in early June for federal jury duty. I kinda hoped I'd be involved in this. But, alas...all I can do is watch from 3 blocks away and read my tweets. :D

 

Seriously, though, this is such a terrible case for him, his family, her family....just terrible.

It's all happening right down the street from me as we speak. :lol:

 

I had to fill out a questionnaire back in early June for federal jury duty. I kinda hoped I'd be involved in this. But, alas...all I can do is watch from 3 blocks away and read my tweets. :D

 

Seriously, though, this is such a terrible case for him, his family, her family....just terrible.

 

Agreed, no winners in this case. I actually got tears in my eyes when I read about Rick talking about Richard leaving. Sad story on all points.

There are no winners in the case, as many have said. But Pitino has made his bed (no pun intended...seriously), and now has to lie in it.

There are no winners in the case, as many have said. But Pitino has made his bed (no pun intended...seriously), and now has to lie in it.

 

Right you are............Choices, Decisions, Consequences.

There are no winners in the case, as many have said. But Pitino has made his bed (no pun intended...seriously), and now has to lie in it.

 

Right you are............Choices, Decisions, Consequences.

 

For both parties, might I add.

Read somewhere that Rick could've pulled this off during a 30 second timeout, with time to spare. Not something ANY dude wants made public.

If anyone is interested, KSR has had pretty good summaries of each days testimony.

I have been following it and you can say what you want, but I've found the whole case to be fascinating with an amazingly high level of comedy. I don't feel sympathy for Rick because he brought it on himself (nor do I condemn him for what he did). Spent my entire "120 Rick Pitino Sexual Acts" lunch today discussing this with a friend. Been a while since I've laughed that hard.

I am so over this whole thing! He's an idiot and she is a WACKO!!!

It's all happening right down the street from me as we speak. :lol:

 

I had to fill out a questionnaire back in early June for federal jury duty. I kinda hoped I'd be involved in this. But, alas...all I can do is watch from 3 blocks away and read my tweets. :D

 

Seriously, though, this is such a terrible case for him, his family, her family....just terrible.

 

I agree.

At this point, it seems like Pitino is on trial. Am I mistaken or isn't this supposed to be an extortion trial against Sipher? I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me that extortion is extortion regardless of the reason.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.