Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sypher extortion case

Featured Replies

I haven't been a big fan of Pitino and never really cared for his wife. However, I feel sorry for him or at least badly that he's thrown away the respect of many that did think highly of him. It's just sad and I truly do think he regrets his choices. I'm not sure what was more stupid of him.... doing what he did or the whack job he chose to do it with!

 

I believe a whack job like her is all you'll get for a 15 second shot in the dark.:bunny:

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have already grown so tired of this woman, I look forward to seeing how long her sentence will be.

I have already grown so tired of this woman, I look forward to seeing how long her sentence will be.

 

Are you that confident that 1.) she'll be convicted; and 2.) she'll serve time?

NKY.com headline today.... "I'm going down, Pitino is too."

 

Based on the testimony we know the first statement is true.....

  • Author
NKY.com headline today.... "I'm going down, Pitino is too."

 

Based on the testimony we know the first statement is true.....

:lol:

I have already grown so tired of this woman, I look forward to seeing how long her sentence will be.

 

Same here.

Bill Clinton survived his peccadilloes. In a bit of irony, Pitino may emerge as a sympathetic figure. Every man should stay at least 50 feet from "that woman." She is toxic. Will she pose nude for Playboy or some such publication when this is all over? She'd have to do it before she heads to the big house...but that probably would not look good at the sentencing hearing. Maybe she'll have to forfeit any profits she makes.

This case could be a classic example of a " Hung " jury

The prosecution rested yesterday afternoon, and we were all looking forward to finding out whether Sypher would take the stand. Alas, the defense called nary a witness. The closing arguments began today.

How does UL justify NOT enforcing the morals clause with Rick ? A writer mentioned today that he supposedly offered to give her then-husband a raise in order to fix the problem. School money being used as hush money seems to cross the line.

 

How are morals clauses worded? Open to interpretation? Specific acts?

I am probably not the most objective person to say this given my profession (law enforcement), but I usually have a problem when a defendant fails to take the stand. I've seen a few isolated cases where I can understand the rationale, as their testimony could open a Pandora's Box that might further sway the jury from the real issue at hand. But for the most part, I couldn't possibly imagine being charged with a crime and not go before the jury, look them in the eye, and swear under oath you were innocent of the charge against you. Again, I fully understand and respect it is your constitutional right not to have to do so (so no defense attorneys need to enlighten me on the law :p), but I couldn't imagine taking the chance of going to prison without publicly proclaiming your innocence.

 

She'll be found guilty and receive a very stiff sentence. (yes, that was intended as the obligatory pun for this thread).

Let's not rush to judgement and reach premature conclusions. Justice can be served up very quickly.

 

Sorry my rather weak attempt at humor.

  • Author
I am probably not the most objective person to say this given my profession (law enforcement), but I usually have a problem when a defendant fails to take the stand. I've seen a few isolated cases where I can understand the rationale, as their testimony could open a Pandora's Box that might further sway the jury from the real issue at hand. But for the most part, I couldn't possibly imagine being charged with a crime and not go before the jury, look them in the eye, and swear under oath you were innocent of the charge against you. Again, I fully understand and respect it is your constitutional right not to have to do so (so no defense attorneys need to enlighten me on the law :p), but I couldn't imagine taking the chance of going to prison without publicly proclaiming your innocence.

 

She'll be found guilty and receive a very stiff sentence. (yes, that was intended as the obligatory pun for this thread).

I would imagine her testimony would be more of a detriment to the Defense's cause. Credibility issues already and the Prosecution would rip her to shreds.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.