Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Julian Tackett Disrespectful (or was he right on) with a big "D"

Featured Replies

Tackett wasn't polite about any of the conversation. His best move would have been to ignore the fan. To be successful as a commisioner or an umpire you must be thick skinned and not so quick with the smart mouth.

 

Funny because he was a football official for many years and now is newly elected as the KHSAA commissioner. I don't mind a little sass back from the umpires or commissioner if somebody is out of line. Seems like he has been successful.

Edited by History
spelling as always

  • Replies 70
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just watched the replay on WYMT. A whole lot of whining here about two baseball players playing their butts off. I saw nothing malicious by Wilson and other than giving up on a bang bang play, I don't know what he was expected to do. Good play by both players. I hope the catcher is ok. Congrats to the Breds on their win.

I'm gonna say the same thing others have said earlier, Its a rule that you cant take out the Catcher in Kentucky High School Baseball. Yes thats baseball but thats in College and MLB. Can you guys not see in the picture that he is clearly lowering his shoulder? River dog, those balls cost money!

Clay County's catcher apologized to Hunter Hill after the game was completed for "running him over", as he stated.

From the picture it looks like the collison happened a long way from the plate and doesn't look like a clear path to the plate as someone mentioned.

Wasn't Pete Rose idolized for a similar play in an All-Star game years ago?

 

Much as I pull for the 10th Region teams come tourney times, I sure hate to see all this crying.

 

Congratulations to the Breds on the big win!

Riverdog...

Do they give you a basketball when you make a three pointer?

Do they give you a football when you score a touchdown?

Why should you get a baseball if you hit a homerun?

 

Well dude heres the thing. When a kid hits his first ever home run thingee and wants the baseball it is a courtesy to trade a new ball for the thingee. Most do that, many don't even take a new ball. It's class. Harrison wont trade they send there player to get it and stick it in their ball thingee. Unless things changed since Maybelle and I watched a game a year or so ago.

Well dude heres the thing. When a kid hits his first ever home run thingee and wants the baseball it is a courtesy to trade a new ball for the thingee. Most do that, many don't even take a new ball. It's class. Harrison wont trade they send there player to get it and stick it in their ball thingee. Unless things changed since Maybelle and I watched a game a year or so ago.
I've never heard of that happening on the high school level ...
Well dude heres the thing. When a kid hits his first ever home run thingee and wants the baseball it is a courtesy to trade a new ball for the thingee. Most do that, many don't even take a new ball. It's class. Harrison wont trade they send there player to get it and stick it in their ball thingee. Unless things changed since Maybelle and I watched a game a year or so ago.

 

We don't always get every "thingee" we want. It's just one of those life lesson thingees.

  • Author
Its not the Comissioners job to umpire. Down in Maysville wed eject the fan. It's not like the good ole boy coach at Harrison hasn't been ejected before lol. If you hit a home run at harrison he wont even give you the ball for the kid.

 

If you play golf at Harrison County you do get to keep the golf ball. That is if you don't lose it in the woods or the water.

 

And, exactly what would you eject the fan for, asking a question and asking for an explaination or an interpretation of a rule? The problem was Tackett knew it was the wrong call and he also knew that the ump that threw the Harrison County player out last year blew the call.

 

One thing you can say for the Harrison County fan base, they know their baseball, they are loyal to their team, pleayers and coaches and they win. Good luck to the Thorobreds against Daviess County.

I have watched this feed over and over. This really seemed to be a bang bang play. The runner had maybe 1 step before the ball was even received by the catcher sitting up the line. As far as lowering the shoulder or throwing out a wing, IMO, this is something done to protect yourself also. This is just an opinion base off the vid feed I watched. I hope the catcher is ok and is good to go the rest of the tourney.

I have watched this feed over and over. This really seemed to be a bang bang play. The runner had maybe 1 step before the ball was even received by the catcher sitting up the line. As far as lowering the shoulder or throwing out a wing, IMO, this is something done to protect yourself also. This is just an opinion base off the vid feed I watched. I hope the catcher is ok and is good to go the rest of the tourney.

 

Plus, it's kind of hard to "extend your arms" when there's someone in the way. I wonder if some of those complaining would have the kid run the whole way down the basepath with his arms extended, just to avoid any controversy?

I, too, hope the catcher is ok and is able to play in their next game. I didn't catch him being injured the first time around.

Not sure how you think the Harrison fan made it personal. Apparently you don't know Julian Tackett very well. I guess you had to be there to see for yourself and understand what a jerk Tackett was.

 

The Harrison fan made it personal when he told Tackett, "It wouldn't have mattered if you had been (umpiring)."

 

That makes it extremely personal as he is basically calling Tackett incompetent. It sounds to me like you've got a problem with Tackett that started before this incident. Again, the jerk in this incident was the Harrison fan who thought it was okay to pop off to someone and then got offended when he got told about it.

I'm sorry, but that's baseball. If the kid doesn't like contact don't be a catcher. One kids trying to score and the other is trying to prevent it, nothing more. ON the other hand I would probably be disappointed if the kid just let the catcher tag him as opposed to trying to score. Nothing wrong with the play at hand, the fan seems to be the one out of line.

 

Its not HIGH SCHOOL baseball. The rules clearly say that a runner must avoid a collision. He cannot bullrush a catcher.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.