Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Julian Tackett Disrespectful (or was he right on) with a big "D"

Featured Replies

I have watched this feed over and over. This really seemed to be a bang bang play. The runner had maybe 1 step before the ball was even received by the catcher sitting up the line. As far as lowering the shoulder or throwing out a wing, IMO, this is something done to protect yourself also. This is just an opinion base off the vid feed I watched. I hope the catcher is ok and is good to go the rest of the tourney.

 

It doesn't matter how many steps the runner had. The runner had room to go around the catcher (he would have had a much better chance of being safe if he had). I'm surprised he wasn't ejected per the high school rules.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't matter how many steps the runner had. The runner had room to go around the catcher (he would have had a much better chance of being safe if he had). I'm surprised he wasn't ejected per the high school rules.

 

Again, this is the High School STATE TOURNAMENT. They're not going to eject a kid for making a poor decision. I believe the catcher is ok, it didn't change any outcome, and end of story. The umps are not going to kick a kid out of a game like this. I suspect the young man will reflect now or in the future and probably agree he didn't come in properly. It happens.... especially when they see *championship stars* in their eyes.

 

And..... many players or their parents appreciate those keepsakes of homerun balls. It's classy to allow a kid or their parent to have them if they want them. High school is often the last level a player will play... it's also sometimes the only time that kid might ever hit a homerun in their life. That's baseball... it's done all the time. Keeping a football or golfball isn't done. That's just the way it is.... most places anyway.

Again, this is the High School STATE TOURNAMENT. They're not going to eject a kid for making a poor decision. I believe the catcher is ok, it didn't change any outcome, and end of story. The umps are not going to kick a kid out of a game like this. I suspect the young man will reflect now or in the future and probably agree he didn't come in properly. It happens.... especially when they see *championship stars* in their eyes.

 

y.

 

The catcher appeared to take a blow to the face/head. It seems to me that its an easy call to make. Has to go. I don't care what game it is. "Poor decision" is correct but its certainly not a "get out of jail free" card.

Can anyone put the link to the video on here? Hunter Hill is fine and will be back. The player knew it was dirty and he apologized for his actions.

For those of you who have not seen the play, click on the link I'm providing.... http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports

 

Now under the media player on the right, click the June 15 11 p.m. entry and after a short commercial, the WYMT Sports broadcast from last night will play.

 

?

 

Can anyone put the link to the video on here? Hunter Hill is fine and will be back.

 

Here you go.

Its not HIGH SCHOOL baseball. The rules clearly say that a runner must avoid a collision. He cannot bullrush a catcher.

 

I've seen it happen once this year and a couple times last year with no such rule enforced. (Actually think one of these games might have been against Harrison, or Montgomery I can't remember). If it's really a rule, then I don't like it. Sure I understand the safety issues but a kid can get hurt just standing in the box waiting on a pitch. If it's obviously a malicious attack then throw them out but if it's just a you are in my way and I'm trying to score kind of contact then let it be.

I've seen it happen once this year and a couple times last year with no such rule enforced. (Actually think one of these games might have been against Harrison, or Montgomery I can't remember). If it's really a rule, then I don't like it. Sure I understand the safety issues but a kid can get hurt just standing in the box waiting on a pitch. If it's obviously a malicious attack then throw them out but if it's just a you are in my way and I'm trying to score kind of contact then let it be.

 

It is a high school rule.

I can't find a rule book online but I found this...http://www.stevetheump.com/nfhs_pro_rules_dif.htm

 

It talks about the difference in the MLB and HS.

It specifically says no "bowling over the catcher" and the runner has to avoid contact on a force or a tag play.

If this play was "dirty" or against the rules, we might as well replace the ball with a Nerf version, or better yet, drop baseball and replace it with Bob-Jacks...And put little rubber nubs on the sharp ends of the jacks so no player will stick his finger in a state tournament match.

If this play was "dirty" or against the rules, we might as well replace the ball with a Nerf version, or better yet, drop baseball and replace it with Bob-Jacks...And put little rubber nubs on the sharp ends of the jacks so no player will stick his finger in a state tournament match.

 

Or you could just play by the rules set forth by the NFHS...

 

The rule states that the runner doesn't have to slide, but they have to avoid contact. Unless the ump didn't see the contact, I don't see how you can justify it.

Or you could just play by the rules set forth by the NFHS...

 

The rule states that the runner doesn't have to slide, but they have to avoid contact. Unless the ump didn't see the contact, I don't see how you can justify it.

 

I have no problem justifying it in MY mind. I didn't say it wasn't against the rules.

Or you could just play by the rules set forth by the NFHS...

 

The rule states that the runner doesn't have to slide, but they have to avoid contact. Unless the ump didn't see the contact, I don't see how you can justify it.

 

Sounds to me like the rule needs to be changed/abolished or better yet not been made in the first place. Silly rule.

Can we please drop it? The arguing isn't getting anyone anywhere at this point. Harrison County fans should be more focused on their team winning tomorrow night's game instead of what happened in the first round game. Its in the past and nothing you or I can do anything about.

Sounds to me like the rule needs to be changed/abolished or better yet not been made in the first place. Silly rule.

 

Regardless, it is a rule and should be enforced like anything else.

Regardless, it is a rule and should be enforced like anything else.

 

Agreed since it's in place.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.