Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Julian Tackett Disrespectful (or was he right on) with a big "D"

Featured Replies

If you play golf at Harrison County you do get to keep the golf ball. That is if you don't lose it in the woods or the water.

 

And, exactly what would you eject the fan for, asking a question and asking for an explaination or an interpretation of a rule? The problem was Tackett knew it was the wrong call and he also knew that the ump that threw the Harrison County player out last year blew the call.

 

One thing you can say for the Harrison County fan base, they know their baseball, they are loyal to their team, pleayers and coaches and they win. Good luck to the Thorobreds against Daviess County.

 

Think again Hilltopper. The ejection last year was the correct call. I AM sorry that some umpires don't have the nads to make the correct call. If you think last years call was blown...it makes your credibility questionable on this call to see things through non-biased eyes instead of those maroon colored glasses that you must be wearing. I was not at the game, so I can not make a determination on the play against Clay County. I have seen the video, and you might or might not have an argument. Plus you can have visious or violent contact and it not be malicious. :thumb:

  • Replies 70
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
If this play was "dirty" or against the rules, we might as well replace the ball with a Nerf version, or better yet, drop baseball and replace it with Bob-Jacks...And put little rubber nubs on the sharp ends of the jacks so no player will stick his finger in a state tournament match.

 

That comment is so ridiculous. Rules are rules whether you like them or not. The bottom line is that the rules should be enforced the same. It doesn't matter if it is the 1st game of the season, the 1st round of the State Tournament or the State Championship game. An umpire should have the guts to make the call by the rules, period. Congrats to Clay County on a good season and good luck to my beloved Thorobreds and Coach Mac Whitaker against Daviess County.

Harrison County fans would not be so concerned about this call if Matthew Dye was not ejected last year for sliding into the catcher at home plate. Last year Matthew Dye was on his stomach, sliding head first into home and barely clipped the catcher. He was thrown out of the game and could not play the first round of the state tournament last year. When this incident occured it just seemed odd that a player can intentionally steam roll a catcher and not get thrown out while one can barely clip a catcher a get thrown out. Its just a sour taste in the Harrison County fan base. After all this game is over with. I believe there should be a more absolute ruling on this type of play once the season is over. Good luck breds!

The issue here doesn't seem to be the call but the exchange between the fan and Tackett.

 

So if I understand it, ... someone can make smartelic comments to Tackett and he cannot respond? Is that about right?

Sounds to me like the rule needs to be changed/abolished or better yet not been made in the first place. Silly rule.

 

High school is always going to have safety rules that old schoolers view as "well when I played....." This is no different than high school having the Force Play Slide Rule that requires a runner to slide directly to the base on a force play. This is designed as a safety issue to prevent runners from going MLB on a SS or F4.

Harrison County fans would not be so concerned about this call if Matthew Dye was not ejected last year for sliding into the catcher at home plate. Last year Matthew Dye was on his stomach, sliding head first into home and barely clipped the catcher. He was thrown out of the game and could not play the first round of the state tournament last year. When this incident occured it just seemed odd that a player can intentionally steam roll a catcher and not get thrown out while one can barely clip a catcher a get thrown out. Its just a sour taste in the Harrison County fan base. After all this game is over with. I believe there should be a more absolute ruling on this type of play once the season is over. Good luck breds!

 

Any chance there's a link to last year's play?

The issue here doesn't seem to be the call but the exchange between the fan and Tackett.

So if I understand it, ... someone can make smartelic comments to Tackett and he cannot respond? Is that about right?

 

That's what I thought. But it doesn't look like the primary aganda here.

I know Julian pretty well and I think highly of him. Furthermore, Julian is not the kind of guy to sit back and take you know what off of someone which is exactly what I think leadership demands. I am sure if the fan was completely professional his experience would have been different.

I know Julian pretty well and I think highly of him. Furthermore, Julian is not the kind of guy to sit back and take you know what off of someone which is exactly what I think leadership demands. I am sure if the fan was completely professional his experience would have been different.

 

Bingo!

 

Seems to me that the poster that started this thread has a grudge against Julian to begin with. Look at post No. 7. In the 15 years he's been around high school sports, he's NEVER heard ANYONE give kudos to Julian. I find that extremely difficult to believe. Methinks he may be just a tad bit biased against Julian and it may be affecting his analysis of the incident.

 

Julian can be a tad bit gruff at times (I personally enjoy the blunt and to the point nature of him. I'd rather some one be blunt but honest, than charming and deceitful), but he works extremely hard for the KHSAA and to make state events the best events possible for the kids.

  • Author

I have thought about the conversation I witnessed the other night and the more I think about it, the more I can understand Mr. Tackett's response. I just posted what I heard and it irked me. I was upset about what I heard him say and I should have stayed off the computer. I know that most all fans can be irritating and I have been one of those fans at times in the past. I do not know Mr. Tackett personally and it was wrong of me to judge him, his character and his ability to do his job based on the conversation I overheard. I am making a public apology to Mr. Tackett on a thread that I should have never started. I hope we can now move on to the game at hand tonight. Good luck to the Thorobreds against Daviess County. I hope I can see you all play in the Championship Game on Saturday night! GO BREDS!

I think this is an excellent ending point!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.