June 1, 201016 yr Good luck figuring out who leaked it. Although the law is on his side if he can figure out who, assuming he nor his mother didn't inadvertently give someone permission to look at it. They very well could have given permission without realizing. Since he was a minor most likely would have had to have had his mother's consent though.
June 1, 201016 yr Some speculation from some blogs that the leak may have been Richard Pitino. How would Richard Pitino have had access to them?
June 1, 201016 yr How would Richard Pitino have had access to them? I would like to ask why he would leak it if he did have access?
June 1, 201016 yr How would Richard Pitino have had access to them? Florida finished 2nd in landing Bledsoe...
June 1, 201016 yr And Bledsoe famously said if BCG was still coach, he would have gone to Gainesville.
June 1, 201016 yr Does the publishing of information from his transcripts violate any privacy laws? If yes, can the newspaper be held liable for publishing private information?
June 1, 201016 yr Does the publishing of information from his transcripts violate any privacy laws? If yes, can the newspaper be held liable for publishing private information? I wonder if somehow this comes under the Freedom of Information Act?
June 1, 201016 yr I wonder if somehow this comes under the Freedom of Information Act? I strongly doubt that. This isn't a public entity situation. This is a private individual who had personal information revealed.
June 1, 201016 yr I wonder if somehow this comes under the Freedom of Information Act? Nope there is a student's bill of rights, you can usually find reference to the law on every college transcript you get your hands on. It basically says anyone who gets a transcript has no right to release it to third parties for any reason.
June 2, 201016 yr Nope there is a student's bill of rights, you can usually find reference to the law on every college transcript you get your hands on. It basically says anyone who gets a transcript has no right to release it to third parties for any reason. That's my understanding as well. My son had to sign a paper to allow his high school and EKU to release their information to SCC.
June 2, 201016 yr In regards to leaking it, if there was wrongdoing, I say good, it should be public knowledge, if nothing was done wrong, then there would be nothing to hide.
June 2, 201016 yr In regards to leaking it, if there was wrongdoing, I say good, it should be public knowledge, if nothing was done wrong, then there would be nothing to hide. What? How about basic rights and liberties? I guess US law means nothing to you if a UK player is involved?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.