Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bledsoe Considering Lawsuit

Featured Replies

In regards to leaking it, if there was wrongdoing, I say good, it should be public knowledge, if nothing was done wrong, then there would be nothing to hide.

 

Releasing ones transcripts to an unauthorized individual is a blatant violation of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act). If a student has a disability to boot then you are dancing into the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act). Double whammy.

Probably not much they can do with the newspaper, but the ultimate source of the leak could be in serious trouble considering the leak was pretty much meant to do harm.

I doubt you and I would want our children's information to be released to the media for the intent to defame one's character, no matter the circumstance.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In regards to leaking it, if there was wrongdoing, I say good, it should be public knowledge, if nothing was done wrong, then there would be nothing to hide.
Wow. So you see nothing wrong with the records of a minor being released to the public without their knowledge?
In regards to leaking it, if there was wrongdoing, I say good, it should be public knowledge, if nothing was done wrong, then there would be nothing to hide.

 

Wow. :ohbrother:

I have to disagree with Rockpride on this one. If Bledsoe didn't authorize the release of the information, then he should be able to sue. It's absolutely a violation of FEPRA.

In regards to leaking it, if there was wrongdoing, I say good, it should be public knowledge, if nothing was done wrong, then there would be nothing to hide.

 

I've read a lot of ridiculous statements in my time on BGP, but this one really takes the cake. I dare say if you had a child that this happened to you would be singing a different tune. I don't even really know how to respond to that. This has so much more to do about kids rather than what school the play ball for...unbelievable.

Releasing ones transcripts to an unauthorized individual is a blatant violation of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act). If a student has a disability to boot then you are dancing into the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act). Double whammy.

Probably not much they can do with the newspaper, but the ultimate source of the leak could be in serious trouble considering the leak was pretty much meant to do harm.

I doubt you and I would want our children's information to be released to the media for the intent to defame one's character, no matter the circumstance.

 

If there was a chance at my kid cheating, I saw open'em up....take a look at it.

I've read a lot of ridiculous statements in my time on BGP, but this one really takes the cake. I dare say if you had a child that this happened to you would be singing a different tune. I don't even really know how to respond to that. This has so much more to do about kids rather than what school the play ball for...unbelievable.

 

We have nothing to hide here....if someone thinks they cheat, I'll let'em have a look for themselves. I could care less. That includes my grades as well.

If there was a chance at my kid cheating, I saw open'em up....take a look at it.

 

So if your child's transcripts were given to a media member with the sole purpose to smear his college coach and ultimately your child is collateral damage...its kosher in the RP household?

So if your child's transcripts were given to a media member with the sole purpose to smear his college coach and ultimately your child is collateral damage...its kosher in the RP household?
If it is thought that my child may have cheated, or been involved in a cheating manner, we will gladly show the world the transcripts, or whatever to show the opposite. This house hides nothing.

What if your child was not accused of cheating and was just having his transcripts looked over to be sure.

So you are saying it would be ok to smear your child in an attempt to get at his coach when all said, even after your child's transcripts were approved by the NCAA?

What if your child was not accused of cheating and was just having his transcripts looked over to be sure.

So you are saying it would be ok to smear your child in an attempt to get at his coach when all said, even after your child's transcripts were approved by the NCAA?

 

You are trying to put words in my mouth. At this point there is serious question that Bledsoe cheated, at that point, if my child were in the same position, I would gladly open up their transcripts.

A serious question that he cheated? Said who? the NY Times 3 months after the fact and suggested it was new news?

He went from a high D to a mid road C and only went up two points on ACT, retook some classes to improve grades. That is a definite sign of cheating if you ask me. :lol:

The NCAA said he was good to go...

The NY Times then goes out and writes a piece on him and talks about living in a roach infested apartment and then a car, which did nothing but sully Bledsoe.

They get a leaked transcript and run wild...

I will move on...

You are trying to put words in my mouth. At this point there is serious question that Bledsoe cheated, at that point, if my child were in the same position, I would gladly open up their transcripts.

 

I love it. Where can I get the Duke Blue/Cardinal Red glasses you've got?

You are trying to put words in my mouth. At this point there is serious question that Bledsoe cheated, at that point, if my child were in the same position, I would gladly open up their transcripts.

 

That's the difference here. YOU would choose to do so. Bledsoe and his family weren't given a choice. The information was leaked without their consent. It's not a matter of whether they agree or disagree with the transcript, or whether or not he cheated. It's a matter of violation of family privacy laws.

That's the difference here. YOU would choose to do so. Bledsoe and his family weren't given a choice. The information was leaked without their consent. It's not a matter of whether they agree or disagree with the transcript, or whether or not he cheated. It's a matter of violation of family privacy laws.

 

Great point RM.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.