Brown out in Cleveland

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired Mike Brown, a source close to the head coach told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

The Cavaliers had a midnight deadline on Sunday to fire the coach or pay him his full $4.5 million salary for next season.

Cleveland was ousted from the playoffs two weeks ago by the Boston Celtics, who upset the NBA's top regular-season team in six games.

Read More

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am a little naive, but I don't see how a different coach could have gotten them past the Celtics this year with how the Boston boys were playing.

I give it til the end of the day before we hear "Cal to Cavs" rumors.

He did some things that was mind boggling in the series, like taking Shaq out when he was flat rolling and Boston was getting anything and everything they wanted at the rim..........

Maybe I am a little naive, but I don't see how a different coach could have gotten them past the Celtics this year with how the Boston boys were playing.

You're probably right, but at some point Brown has to take some of the blame. He never made a single-adjustment in the playoffs in either of the last two years, and he has a horrible feel for who to put in a game, IMO.

Being a head coach in the NBA is about managing talent and getting guys to respond despite making a lot more money that you do. Brown was not taken the least bit serious by his players and it showed. Maybe the Celtics would have prevailed, but the Cavs flat out quit in a few of those games during that series.

You should have said lunch. I heard Cal was the number one choice on the 9 am Sportscenter.