Track the Reds (Week 7)

These guys are flat out fun to watch right now...

Definitely true. I was glad that I decided to make it out to the ballpark tonight. The weather held off and it was definitely a fun game to watch. A shame that there was only 12,000+ there tonight, but for the folks who were there...it was a pretty good crowd. Jimmy Buffet Concert might have hurt numbers a little.

Todd Coffey is terrible and I'm glad we busted him up tonight. Definitely was hoping Herrera would have went after Fielder in response to Stubb getting hit lol.

Baserunning might have cost us an additional 2-3 runs tonight. Glad it didn't affect the outcome.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually it's a waste of time to watch a team who's out of wild card contention in the beginning of August every year. I love watching this team and I'd love and I hope we might be able to ride this hot streak out for a while. The pitching has been unbelievable.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks Coffey hit Stubbs intentionally? A little disappointed that somebody didn't get the Brewers back, but there's always tomorrow.

Just watched highlights on the MLB app. on my phone. Cueto had some filthy stuff. He's now 3 and 1 with a 3.67 era. Headed to the game in about 9 hours. Hopefully Homer will plant one on Prince's ample backside and we will have a little fracas I can see in person. I would love to see Bailey come back with a solid effort tomorrow. Think about if they get Volquez back at 90% of what he was and get Aroldis back on track and possibly bring him up. I would love to see them have the option of making a tough decision on Harang and trying to trade him or just eat his contract and give his starts to one of those two. I feel this team's downfall may be running Harang out there every fifth day. His pitches just seem like flat meatballs with no movement.

The Reds in May are 10-5 with a 3.51 ERA (7th in MLB), .283 BA (6th in MLB) and their fielding pct on the year is .989 (3rd in MLB) with only 16 errors and have only allowed 18 SB's between Hernandez and Hanigan. Those are some very impressive numbers. One stat that has nothing to do with the Reds that stood out to me when looking these up is St.Louis (Yadier Molina) has only allowed 8 steals in 19 attempts while the Red Sox (Varitek) have allowed 47 steals in 57 attempts.

Just watched highlights on the MLB app. on my phone. Cueto had some filthy stuff. He's now 3 and 1 with a 3.67 era. Headed to the game in about 9 hours. Hopefully Homer will plant one on Prince's ample backside and we will have a little fracas I can see in person. I would love to see Bailey come back with a solid effort tomorrow. Think about if they get Volquez back at 90% of what he was and get Aroldis back on track and possibly bring him up. I would love to see them have the option of making a tough decision on Harang and trying to trade him or just eat his contract and give his starts to one of those two. I feel this team's downfall may be running Harang out there every fifth day. His pitches just seem like flat meatballs with no movement.

Harang has pitched well lately. He gave up two HR's the other night that were pop ups in every other park in MLB.

2 little league baserunning errors thankfully didn't come back to bite them last night. Poor Herrera looked miffed when Dusty gave him the hook. He definitely needs the work. As does the rest of the pen. Hope today they don't get much work either, however.