Campbell Co Head Coaching Job?

If Brad Carr doesn't get the Holmes job, I look for him to end up at Campbell.

Didn't Carr interview for this job when Code got the position? I think Carr would leave Scott for Holmes not so sure about Campbell County. Scott is a better job at least for the next 3 years. Scott has a very good group of freshmen coming up and would probably still be considered the district favorite for next season as well.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was a firing, it’s another ridicules decision made by Campbell County Administration!

They have a proven coach that wins everywhere he has been and has not to my knowledge ever had a losing season as a head coach or as an assistant.

This is why Campbell County is a joke of a school district. They have so much flux in their coaching positions. When they do have a good coach, they LET HIM GO!!! UNBEILIEVABLE!

From a friend of mine, that has a kid in Campbell County schools, told me that in the past year they have had the following: New baseball, softball, tennis, swim/diving, soccer, volleyball, wrestling coach (posted), and now boy’s basketball.

Who would want to coach at a school like this?

Coach Code in my opinion is an outstanding coach that has a .600 WINNING PERCENTATAGE.

Just looking on Riherds and saw: Record of 18-11, 16-11, 15-10 (49-32 overall .604%)

Fist year – Went to the Region (18-11)

Second year- Won the AIT (16-11)

Third year – Had another winning record, and win against State Semi-finalist Mason Co. (15-10)

I’m sure another school will be calling Coach Code very soon and offering him a position.

If this was a firing, it’s another ridicules decision made by Campbell County Administration!

They have a proven coach that wins everywhere he has been and has not to my knowledge ever had a losing season as a head coach or as an assistant.

This is why Campbell County is a joke of a school district. They have so much flux in their coaching positions. When they do have a good coach, they LET HIM GO!!! UNBEILIEVABLE!

From a friend of mine, that has a kid in Campbell County schools, told me that in the past year they have had the following: New baseball, softball, tennis, swim/diving, soccer, volleyball, wrestling coach (posted), and now boy’s basketball.

Coach Code in my opinion is an outstanding coach that has a .600 WINNING PERCENTATAGE.

Just looking on Riherds and saw: Record of 18-11, 16-11, 15-10 (49-32 overall .604%)

Third year – Had another winning record, and win against State Semi-finalist Mason Co. (15-10)

I’m sure another school will be calling Coach Code very soon and offering him a position.

I understand what you are saying but let me clarify a couple of postings.

Baseball - Wayne Heringer resigned from the position so CCHS needed a new coach

Softball - If I remember correctly the old coach did not want the position any longer plus he was not knowledge of the sport at all.

Tennis - This was a full time teacher who was dismissed from the high school so they had to get a new coach

Swim/diving - Not sure about this one

Soccer - He is a paraprofessional and they have to reapply every year. Does not really mean they are looking for a new coach but it has to be posted. Volleyball - Leah resigned last week or the week before to take the job at Milford (I think it is Milford)

Wrestling coach - Now that Mike Bankemper retired as a teacher he is considered a para-professional so it is the same situation as the soccer coach.

I understand your explanantions but lets also look at how Mike Bankemper was treated with his AD/wrestling coach situation, look at how Coach Sullivan was treated, and to be honest the baseball position has been a revolving door and the hires up until this year have been bad hires.

Really we need more info on this to see what was really going on behind the scenes

I couldn't have said it any better. Worst administration I have ever seen.

Who in their right mind would want to coach there?

If it is true, this decision had to come down from Mr. Strong since I heard the AD Bob Jones was forced out last week? This is just another step back wards for a school that seems to never take a step forward.

Best wishes to Bob Jones and Scott Code.

I wonder if this decision came from the pathetic Campbell County School Board or our so called Athletic Department at Campbell County. Don't get me wrong, Bob Jones was a very respectable coach but I think time has passed him by when it comes to being an athletic director. Their decisions make no sense. Code is a good coach and the kids played hard for him. Now you are going to go in and change it up for them again? It is crazy. It looks like if you sign up to coach in Campbell County that you might as well have a 3 year plan because thats how long your are going to last. I know the iron is still hot on this one but the deed has been done. Now they need to look for a new coach....any ideas? I will toss out a couple names of former Campbell County players, Aric Russell if you could get him away from Newport or Sean Maddy who is already an assistant. Don't think Carr would ever come to Campbell County. They have probably scared off every other coach with their actions to where you would almost have to have some ties to the school to see past all the Board and Administration bull crap.

Sorry, did not realize Bob Jones was let go. Heck of a basketball coach but a questionable AD. Best of luck to him and best of luck to Coach Code. He will have no problem finding another coaching job.

Something is amiss in Campbell County. They are too big of a school to be run so poorly. They need some stability.

First let me say I like coach Code. But to just throw out wins and loses as proof of a job well done by anyone is a poor judging tool. 18-11 looks good, but should they have gone 25-4. They did beat a Mason County team last year, I believe Mason had three starters, or at least top players, out that game. Won the AIT, who did they beat. As to all the open coaching positions, what do you do when your coaches leave or retire, which I know is the case in some of the positions. What does your record as an assistant say except you were helping a decent coach with some good teams. Maybe there is more to it than just the numbers. I see comments on here from time to time supporting a coach, and that is great. I have yet to see anyone in support of a coach add that they want him over the coach they have at their school. Which leads me to believe that he's good enough for us, but you don't want him to coach your successful program and replace your successful coach. If a coach is so great why aren't you calling for the head of your coach so you can get the coach your praising and supporting. I wish coach Code much luck and success, but it's easy to stand on the outside and and pass judgment on someone else. Expectation by the school is also something that coaches must contend with.

When you make the remark the the Campbell County School district is a joke I take offense to that.

For those who are saying the AD might have had something to do with this or Bob Jones was a questionable AD. I think you need to re evaulate a couple of things. First of all, Bob Jones was a PART TIME AD at a HIGH SCHOOL when the MIDDLE SCHOOL had a FULL TIME AD. Bob Jones had already put all of his days in probably in the middle of to end of basketball season. Bob Jones did a great job for the athletic programs at the high school and I think if you would ask any coach you would get the same answer from them. I also do not think Bob Jones had nothing but support for Coach Code. Sooner than later there will be some stability in the Campbell County athletic program.