Campbell Co Head Coaching Job?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I have heard. The School Board had no say in these matters with all of these coaches. The Principal and Superintendent made these decisions. These two have never attended any Fast Pitch Games,Baseball Games, Soccer Games(boys or girls), Track Meets, Swim and Dive Meets, Golf Meets, Cross Country, and I am sure that I have left somebody out.

They think they know what is going on with their sports programs. The High School administarion is too busy eating lunch together, after one of the office workers runs out everyday to pick it up for them. What is up with this, is there a liabilty here if something happens to the employee getting their lunch? Is it fair to the rest of the staff that they have to eat in the cafeteria?

Maybe it is time that parents start to question what the Administration and Superintendent are doing behind closed doors.

Another FYI, rumor says the AD is retiring, it was decided to let him go. The AD was parttime, but he gave them more hours than he should of have. Once again another loss for Campbell County Sports. Some good coaches are not being hired back and this is the Principal and Superintendent's doing, while other can have continous losing seasons and just go through the motions and keep their jobs.

I wonder, if staff is going to be reduced up at the Central Office? It seems that they have a chief for everything. Maybe we can get rid of the dead weight up there.

Let, Baby Huey know how you feel Camel Fans.

I am on the outside looking in so no opinions to offer other than if people are upset with how things are being run, I believe the way to change things is through the school board. They are the only ones with enough authority that a principal and/or superintendent will listen. If the school board is not responsive, get involved and use the power of the vote.

Scott is a good man, father and coach. This will be Campbell County's loss.

Code did a good job with the program. His teams were prepared and they played hard for him.

Shelf life for a coach appears to be pretty short for coach at Campbell County. Going to be tough to convince any coach with an established record of success to take this job. Tough to succeed when administration doesn't have your back.

There is no 3 vote system. The reality is if a person does not have tenure in a district they can be let go without any reason. If that person wants to appeal the decision they can, but will probably lose anyway. This is especially true in extracurriculur positions. Most schools tell their coaches that they are on 1 year contracts and basically you can be let go at anytime. Not really fair but that is the facts.

Coach Code does have tenure. Not sure if that changes anything. I was told by an active varsity coach in NKY that their district does a 3 vote system at a public high school. Wouldn't this be state wide? I understand the 1 year contract deal and the appeal system.

What a shame. Scott Code is a darn fine coach, and could coach my son anyday. He will land on his feet, and prosper where ever that may be. Anthony Strong better hope he doesn't head down the road and return twice a year to seek victory. The best of luck to Scott, his players, and staff. I hope that those in the school district, whom aren't happy about Mr. Strong's decision, make it known to him.

This is the same School System that:

1.Released a Girls coach for inappropiate texting female athletes, but was allowed to keep his job at an Elementary School.(Good Coach, knew the game, also close personal friend of the Superintendent)

2. Kept a teacher who was emailing and phone texting nude photos of herself to staff.(Husband is a prominent attorney)

3. Kept a teacher, who had drinking parties for her daughter and friends and also purchased the Alcohol.(Still teaching)

What can one say, Campbell County Schools is the laughing stock in Northern Kentucky and will be until they get the right person to navigate the ship.

First let me say I like coach Code. But to just throw out wins and loses as proof of a job well done by anyone is a poor judging tool. 18-11 looks good, but should they have gone 25-4. They did beat a Mason County team last year, I believe Mason had three starters, or at least top players, out that game. Won the AIT, who did they beat. As to all the open coaching positions, what do you do when your coaches leave or retire, which I know is the case in some of the positions. What does your record as an assistant say except you were helping a decent coach with some good teams. Maybe there is more to it than just the numbers. I see comments on here from time to time supporting a coach, and that is great. I have yet to see anyone in support of a coach add that they want him over the coach they have at their school. Which leads me to believe that he's good enough for us, but you don't want him to coach your successful program and replace your successful coach. If a coach is so great why aren't you calling for the head of your coach so you can get the coach your praising and supporting. I wish coach Code much luck and success, but it's easy to stand on the outside and and pass judgment on someone else. Expectation by the school is also something that coaches must contend with.

When you make the remark the the Campbell County School district is a joke I take offense to that.

Looks like I did misread your 24-5 comment as a statement, when it was apparently meant as question? I do agree with your premise that overall record can be misleading, and I think if you examine Scott's you'll see that he significantly upgraded the schedule, and still maintained winning %.

Strong is a joke, he needs to go. Come on Camel Fans, lets get rid of him and Boots.

While I'll agree that there are some definate problems with either the School board and administration with giving the athletic programs the support it needs and this is nothing new at CCHS. To call Mr. Strong a joke is a little far IMO. This is the same man who from my understanding when he was at Ryle put himself between a shotgun and a room full of students being held hostage. His job is primarly the education and safety of kids. Let's keep that in perspective and prioritize correctly. Especially since we have no idea what motivated the move. Just my two cents I don't have a dog in the fight anyway.

This is the same School System that:

1.Released a Girls coach for inappropiate texting female athletes, but was allowed to keep his job at an Elementary School.(Good Coach, knew the game, also close personal friend of the Superintendent)

2. Kept a teacher who was emailing and phone texting nude photos of herself to staff.(Husband is a prominent attorney)

3. Kept a teacher, who had drinking parties for her daughter and friends and also purchased the Alcohol.(Still teaching)

What can one say, Campbell County Schools is the laughing stock in Northern Kentucky and will be until they get the right person to navigate the ship.

Ha, I know one of these at least is true and heard strong rumors on another. Not real good looking for the Camels :walk:

I could go on forever here. But the bottom, is that now the search is on for good qualified coaches for all of the sports listed on the School website. Getting sold into their system and moving on does not happen overnight. Believe me, if Mr Strong and Ms Boots would remove theirselves from their positions, the Sports Programs would be better. If you see these two out in public, ask them, how many teams did they watch this year and what teams. I can say for a fact that they did not attend all of the Sports their athletes participate in.

Who suffers from all of this? Not the Administration, the Athletes do, and this is not right.

I could go on forever here. But the bottom, is that now the search is on for good qualified coaches for all of the sports listed on the School website. Getting sold into their system and moving on does not happen overnight. Believe me, if Mr Strong and Ms Boots would remove theirselves from their positions, the Sports Programs would be better. If you see these two out in public, ask them, how many teams did they watch this year and what teams. I can say for a fact that they did not attend all of the Sports their athletes participate in.

Who suffers from all of this? Not the Administration, the Athletes do, and this is not right.

Is Ms. Boots the Asst. Superintendent?