Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK JV

Featured Replies

So it sounds like that was the big idea Cal had after talking to Larry Brown that was a topic about a week or so ago.

 

I also know the walk on/take any scholarship money you can get debate has seen both sides show on BGP.

 

I think it's a great idea, and could be a huge boost to the program if it is implemented as Cal talked about today in his presser. What say you???

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the presser, what were some of the specifics? I do like the idea of having a JV program.

Didn't UK already have a JV program at some point? What happened to it?

I honestly do not understand why more schools do not have JV programs.

Will the JV team affect the team GPA? If so, some academic prerequisites may be in order.

Didn't UK already have a JV program at some point? What happened to it?
Under Pitino they did. I'm guessing it went away with Tubby. I'm pretty sure Nazr Mohammed was on the JV team.
Under Pitino they did. I'm guessing it went away with Tubby. I'm pretty sure Nazr Mohammed was on the JV team.

 

Yep. :thumb:

I think its a good idea. The question I have would be about practice. Would they have a seperate practice? I know Calipari doesn't like to have a bunch of players around at practice like Gillispie did.

I don't think it'll be for Kentucky players only, although it will be primarily for Kentucky kids.

 

I don't see how it could hurt the program, but I'm not ready to say that it will really make an impact...at least not for the first couple of years. Ultimately, it could help in the longrun.

 

The biggest thing that this will probably do is ease some of the pressure on Coach Cal to take KY kids. Polson, Justice, etc. are not high D1 talents. Yet, since they're some of the best players in the state, some KY fans feel that they're entitled to a spot on the roster. This will ease that tension between Calipari and Kentucky's in-state fan base.

I think its a good idea. The question I have would be about practice. Would they have a seperate practice? I know Calipari doesn't like to have a bunch of players around at practice like Gillispie did.

 

Neither would I. What good is having Brandon Knight vs Jarrod Polson competing at practice? It also takes away from working more with the players that are going to impact your team immediately i.e. John Wall/Demarcus Cousins.

I assume the JV roster would all be walk ons. They can't give scholarships to JV players can they?

I assume the JV roster would all be walk ons. They can't give scholarships to JV players can they?

 

Like Calipari said yesterday, players who are younger and not playing will have the opportunity to play JV. Jon Hood could have benefited from playing JV last year and maybe even Dodson a game or 2.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.