Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK JV

Featured Replies

Neither would I. What good is having Brandon Knight vs Jarrod Polson competing at practice? It also takes away from working more with the players that are going to impact your team immediately i.e. John Wall/Demarcus Cousins.

 

Realistically speaking, who on UK's roster can guard Brandon Knight anyways?

 

I think the JV team would be great. I'd go watch the JV team before I went to watch the varsity.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Realistically speaking, who on UK's roster can guard Brandon Knight anyways?

 

I think the JV team would be great. I'd go watch the JV team before I went to watch the varsity.

 

Doron Lamb. That's the competition I'm assuming that Calipari likes because it improves his players when they play against other top competition, not slower guys that won't ever play a minute in a close game.

Doron Lamb. That's the competition I'm assuming that Calipari likes because it improves his players when they play against other top competition, not slower guys that won't ever play a minute in a close game.

 

So if Cal knows that and you know that, why use your post to slam Polson? We know he likely won't ever guard Knight in practice or play in a close game so why take a shot at him?:idunno: We know he'll be a JV player (which is who I would go watch if you haven't noticed:lol:). I just don't want to see people using this thread as a chance to remind him that he isn't a typical UK recruit. He's living his dream and he knows his role. I wish people would lay off him.

 

I have a lot of love for Jarrod Polson and I can't idly sit by when I feel like people are taking shots at him for having a chance to don a UK jersey.:taz:

What Div I teams have JV basketball? I knwo many DIII schools do but t here yo uare not dealing with the scholly aspect

What Div I teams have JV basketball? I knwo many DIII schools do but there you are not dealing with the scholly aspect

So if Cal knows that and you know that, why use your post to slam Polson? We know he likely won't ever guard Knight in practice or play in a close game so why take a shot at him?:idunno: We know he'll be a JV player (which is who I would go watch if you haven't noticed:lol:). I just don't want to see people using this thread as a chance to remind him that he isn't a typical UK recruit. He's living his dream and he knows his role. I wish people would lay off him.

 

I have a lot of love for Jarrod Polson and I can't idly sit by when I feel like people are taking shots at him for having a chance to don a UK jersey.:taz:

 

You said yourself, who realistically can guard Brandon Knight. Just because I used Polson as an example, doesn't mean I'm taking a shot at him. I'm just saying he's not very much competition for Knight, I'm not saying he sucks or he's an awful player and needs to play elsewhere.

 

I think the JV team would be great. I'd go watch the JV team before I went to watch the varsity.

 

Are you sure you're not a Louisville fan? :sssh:

So if Cal knows that and you know that, why use your post to slam Polson? We know he likely won't ever guard Knight in practice or play in a close game so why take a shot at him?:idunno: We know he'll be a JV player (which is who I would go watch if you haven't noticed:lol:). I just don't want to see people using this thread as a chance to remind him that he isn't a typical UK recruit. He's living his dream and he knows his role. I wish people would lay off him.

 

I have a lot of love for Jarrod Polson and I can't idly sit by when I feel like people are taking shots at him for having a chance to don a UK jersey.:taz:

 

I brought up Polson. I have no animus towards him. I hope that he represents the university well, much like Mark Krebs has done. I'm glad that they both got the opportunity to live a dream, much like I had always wanted to do. Like Krebs, Polson's basketball career is likely to conclude after college. There's nothing wrong with that, AT ALL.

 

Saying that he doesn't have the talent to PLAY at an elite level school is not bashing the kid. He'll contribute in other ways, both on and off the floor. With a new wave of young recruits (seemingly on a yearly basis), that is more important than ever.

 

And I'd imagine that Polson will guard Knight more than anyone else on the team. If I were the coach, I'd have Polson and another guy double teaming Knight nearly every practice. But then again, I like the approach of having the "starters" play against 7 (or 8) defenders at one time.

I brought up Polson. I have no animus towards him. I hope that he represents the university well, much like Mark Krebs has done. I'm glad that they both got the opportunity to live a dream, much like I had always wanted to do. Like Krebs, Polson's basketball career is likely to conclude after college. There's nothing wrong with that, AT ALL.

 

Saying that he doesn't have the talent to PLAY at an elite level school is not bashing the kid. He'll contribute in other ways, both on and off the floor. With a new wave of young recruits (seemingly on a yearly basis), that is more important than ever.

 

And I'd imagine that Polson will guard Knight more than anyone else on the team. If I were the coach, I'd have Polson and another guy double teaming Knight nearly every practice. But then again, I like the approach of having the "starters" play against 7 (or 8) defenders at one time.

 

 

Me to. I like challenging a player as much as possible. So if one player on the team can't stand a chance, double the odds and let two chase him around all day.

Coach Cal doesn't like to have extra players around in practice and this could be a problem but when Pitino had the JV earlier, they didn't always practice with the Varsity. They would come in and watch and participate when needed but would also stay after and practice together. Usually an assistant coach does this with the guidance of the head coach. This gives players that needed attention. Nazr really completed his offensive game while on the JV team. Also gives the coach extra players in case of injury or eligibility problems.

Would the JV team begin this year? I would think this would take some time to develop.

So if Cal knows that and you know that, why use your post to slam Polson? We know he likely won't ever guard Knight in practice or play in a close game so why take a shot at him?:idunno: We know he'll be a JV player (which is who I would go watch if you haven't noticed:lol:). I just don't want to see people using this thread as a chance to remind him that he isn't a typical UK recruit. He's living his dream and he knows his role. I wish people would lay off him.

 

I have a lot of love for Jarrod Polson and I can't idly sit by when I feel like people are taking shots at him for having a chance to don a UK jersey.:taz:

 

:cry: I never really thought of it that way before.

You said yourself, who realistically can guard Brandon Knight. Just because I used Polson as an example, doesn't mean I'm taking a shot at him. I'm just saying he's not very much competition for Knight, I'm not saying he sucks or he's an awful player and needs to play elsewhere.

 

I hear you. I can be overly sensitive when it comes to Polson. I can admit that. That's why I put the smilies in there so you would know I come in peace...just saying.:thumb:

Are you sure you're not a Louisville fan? :sssh:

 

Positive.

 

Have you not recognized my current avatar?:cool:

I brought up Polson. I have no animus towards him. I hope that he represents the university well, much like Mark Krebs has done. I'm glad that they both got the opportunity to live a dream, much like I had always wanted to do. Like Krebs, Polson's basketball career is likely to conclude after college. There's nothing wrong with that, AT ALL.

 

Saying that he doesn't have the talent to PLAY at an elite level school is not bashing the kid. He'll contribute in other ways, both on and off the floor. With a new wave of young recruits (seemingly on a yearly basis), that is more important than ever.

 

And I'd imagine that Polson will guard Knight more than anyone else on the team. If I were the coach, I'd have Polson and another guy double teaming Knight nearly every practice. But then again, I like the approach of having the "starters" play against 7 (or 8) defenders at one time.

 

I hear you and I agree. While I know he isn't a high D-1 talent, I would think that the opportunity to compete against the likes of Doron Lamb or Brandon Knight would likely make Polson a better player which would benefit UK on the court in the long run, hopefully. I guess that is what I should have said in the first place.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.