Greshem a Bengal

^Oh and outside of Palmer, I think this is the best Bengals first round pick of this decade. The only reason I think Palmer is better is because of how hard it is to find a QB. JMO

Hopefully we get a good QB Palmer is just not going to get us to the superbowl for the past 2 years he has thrown horrible passes lol maybe we should trade for Big Ben?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he was 1999 if I remember correctly, and even so, this is a worse pick. Akili was a QB, that was the team's biggest weakness then. Greshem will play, be average, not catch any balls, and make lots of money. Great gig for him.

And TE wasn't the Bengals a NEED? I think many would agree that is the weakest position group on the roster.

First of all why does Bratkowski take all the blame? He has an inept head coach. The owner is worse. He was asked to change his entire scheme this year and ground and pound it and they did and won their division. Carson is a shell of what he was before the injury. He misses a ton of throws. They haven't had a weapon at TE in a long time. I'm not sure this pick will be a weapon. I am sure they needed one at that spot. They signed two free agent WR's. I'm glad they didn't draft one this early. If Bratkowski can use the TE which I'm sure he'll find a way and Carson can hit him when he's open this is a really good pick. My guess is he's here longer than Bratkowski so maybe the new OC will use him more if people don't like what Brat does next year.

The triumverant of terribleness... Brat, Lewis, and Brown. That is one inept trio. I think it's a tribute to the players and the DC that they were able to win 10 games with those three stooges.

The triumverant of terribleness... Brat, Lewis, and Brown. That is one inept trio. I think it's a tribute to the players and the DC that they were able to win 10 games with those three stooges.

Brat is an old dawg... been calling plays for 10 years and he doesn't have many new tricks. I just think many people are ready for a new puppy, new energy.

Hopefully we get a good QB Palmer is just not going to get us to the superbowl for the past 2 years he has thrown horrible passes lol maybe we should trade for Big Ben?

:laugh: I am a huge Bengal fan, but some of these things people say absolutely kill me. Yes Palmer is not playing as good as he did in 2005 or 2006. There is no arguing that. However since he has been the QB of the Bengals, the Bengals have had ONE LOSING SEASON!!! He only played like 3 games in 2008, and one of them was with his arm hurt, so that really don't count. Since he has been the QB, they have made the playoffs twice, and been in contention for the playoffs up until the last week of the season in the two other years. Its absolutely ridiculous IMO for people to say the Bengals need a new QB.

Short memories some of my fellow Bengal fans have. You would think you all would know what a bad QB looks like, after all the BAD QUARTERBACKS we went through for 13 years after Boomer. We should know better than anyone, it is hard to find a QB that you can win with. We have a QB that we can win with right now, and people want someone else? Wow...

I don't want to say this was a bad pick, because it could end up turning out to be a very good pick, but with guys like Sergio Kindel, Taylor Mays, Dez Bryant, and Dan Williams, and Brandon Spikes on the board when they picked, why do you go with Gresham??

Hopefully they have someone like Kindel, Mays, or Spikes "fall" in to their laps the way Maualuga did last year in the second round.

Worst 1st round pick the Bengals have made this decade....Oh well, I can finally move on to being strictly a New England fan now. The Bengals are a complete joke.

Good Bye then. I mean you have been right the Bengals have never used the TE before. However when have the Bengals also really tried to get a a top TE, to make the TE a big part of their offense? The Bengals are actually for the first time now going out and trying to get a top TE. So I think that shows that for the first time, they probably will start trying to use the TE now.