Greshem a Bengal

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not Akili Smith, Klinger now Greshem what a joke!

You serious? I admit I wanted the Bengals to get Bryant since he was there. However this was not a bad pick at all, and I am still happy with it. He should help out the Bengals a lot and open things up in the middle.

Every talking head had them taking Gresham, then they draft him and people are suprised? I thought it was between Gresham and Bryant, so no suprise here. I'm actually excited to see this offense with at TE as a weapon. On paper their offense is better talent wise, you simply won't be able to double CJ and totally shut down the passing game.

Every talking head had them taking Gresham, then they draft him and people are suprised? I thought it was between Gresham and Bryant, so no suprise here. I'm actually excited to see this offense with at TE as a weapon. On paper their offense is better talent wise, you simply won't be able to double CJ and totally shut down the passing game.

Most people also didn't have Bryant falling down to where the Bengals could have got him. As I said I wanted Bryant since he was still there. However I am still very happy with this pick.

We better use him, we drafted Coffman last year and he couldn't adjust to blocking and didn't play. The knock on Greshem is he isn't that great of a blocker. We can't afford to not use our 1st round pick with the brutal schedule we have next year. Also I agree, I would love to see Golden Tate become a Bengal, his speed to could create the deep ball again next year.

A question: THose on ESPN said a receiving tight end that might have trouble blocking at the NFL level.

Isn't that what the BEngals drafted last year in Coffman and he didn't see a single play last season?

That's my concern too. I'm excited about the new guy though. He fills a need & he's a big, athletic target who provides another offensive threat. Most importantly, he can probably catch. That alone is a HUGE upgrade over Utecht (who retired anyway) and Coats (who stinks!).

I'm willing to give him a shot. There wasn't a no-brainer with this pick.

A question: THose on ESPN said a receiving tight end that might have trouble blocking at the NFL level.

Isn't that what the BEngals drafted last year in Coffman and he didn't see a single play last season?

That's the first time I've heard that. Everybody else said he could block. I was a Coffman fan but they look like different bodies size wise. I honestly don't know the two guys size but Greshem looks bigger.

Bryant would have been an interesting pick. They've been killed (including by me) for taking guys with problems. My thing with Bryant is he's not a criminal and has had a hard hard life. His mom was 12 when she had him didn't know that till tonight. He might be Mike Williams he might be a top 10 WR. I think he can play just has to get back in shape.

Safety wise I don't think it was worth the value at their pick to go that route.

They need a TE bad. They got the top ranked one in the draft. Hard to argue with that IMO. I would have rathered them sign A Boldin or B Marshall. I wanted them to get a proven TE or the safety from St Louis. It's not how they do business. On paper the offense is pretty darn good next year. If Bryant stays out of trouble he is a really physical guy on the outside. CJ on the other side with a threat down the middle is a real problem against a team that can run the ball. The D is good and should get better tomorrow.

I think the Jets/Colts/Chargers are the teams to beat. I think Cincy/Miami/Balt/Pitt are the next tier down. If I had to pick today I think Cincy has the most talent in their Division. I usually pick them 3rd so that's unbiased.

That's my concern too. I'm excited about the new guy though. He fills a need & he's a big, athletic target who provides another offensive threat. Most importantly, he can probably catch. That alone is a HUGE upgrade over Utecht (who retired anyway) and Coats (who stinks!).

I'm willing to give him a shot. There wasn't a no-brainer with this pick.

I agree, he could be a great weapon that this team has long needed. But when in the Lewis realm has the offensive game plan changed to really allow a receiving TE that was not an excellent blocker take the field.

This site has been calling for a strong Bengals receiving TE for most of this millenium.

I will believe they are making that change when I see it.

That's the first time I've heard that. Everybody else said he could block. I was a Coffman fan but they look like different bodies size wise. I honestly don't know the two guys size but Greshem looks bigger.

I have no clue and totally going on what they said on ESPN. Not a single person disputed it.

On paper the offense is pretty darn good next year. If Bryant stays out of trouble he is a really physical guy on the outside. CJ on the other side with a threat down the middle is a real problem against a team that can run the ball. The D is good and should get better tomorrow.

I think the Jets/Colts/Chargers are the teams to beat. I think Cincy/Miami/Balt/Pitt are the next tier down. If I had to pick today I think Cincy has the most talent in their Division. I usually pick them 3rd so that's unbiased.

Bryant has never had an issues off the field why would he this year?