Greshem a Bengal

I agree, he could be a great weapon that this team has long needed. But when in the Lewis realm has the offensive game plan changed to really allow a receiving TE that was not an excellent blocker take the field.

This site has been calling for a strong Bengals receiving TE for most of this millenium.

I will believe they are making that change when I see it.

The game plan desperately needs a TE. If you're going to run the ball & be a smashmouth type of team, a TE can be a huge weapon. Last year, the Bengals had a total of ZERO tight ends who could catch the football & hold on to it. Even if Coffman does play, it's nice to have 2 options at TE. Let them battle it out for the #1 TE & may the best (or healthiest) man win.

I have no clue and totally going on what they said on ESPN. Not a single person disputed it.

On the local news I heard that he was "not a blocker because he wasn't asked to" block much.

Bryant has never had an issues off the field why would he this year?

I'm sure he's referring to his problems with the NCAA.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game plan desperately needs a TE. If you're going to run the ball & be a smashmouth type of team, a TE can be a huge weapon. Last year, the Bengals had a total of ZERO tight ends who could catch the football & hold on to it. Even if Coffman does play, it's nice to have 2 options at TE. Let them battle it out for the #1 TE & may the best (or healthiest) man win.

On the local news I heard that he was "not a blocker because he wasn't asked to" block much.

I totally agree and the system has needed one for most of this past decade. And yet they still don't have one.

It would seem that Marvin/Bartowski will have to change some of their mindset to put a TE out there that cannot effectively block for the running game.

I totally agree and the system has needed one for most of this past decade. And yet they still don't have one.

It would seem that Marvin/Bartowski will have to change some of their mindset to put a TE out there that cannot effectively block for the running game.

From everything I've read, Gresham has the potential to be a great TE. The only real knock on him is that he's been lazy and that carries over to his blocking. With his body type & physical ability, he'll be able to block in the NFL.

I like the pick. You keep saying that they have to change the mindset. The biggest part of changing that mindset is drafting a TE who makes you want to throw the ball to him. Gresham does that.

From everything I've read, Gresham has the potential to be a great TE. The only real knock on him is that he's been lazy and that carries over to his blocking. With his body type & physical ability, he'll be able to block in the NFL.

I like the pick. You keep saying that they have to change the mindset. The biggest part of changing that mindset is drafting a TE who makes you want to throw the ball to him. Gresham does that.

I agree with the drafting of one and had hoped that Coffman would have been it last year.

Hope they use Gresham to actually catch the ball this year. Palmer needs more weapons.

That is saying a lot. Wasn't Akili this decade?

No, he was 1999 if I remember correctly, and even so, this is a worse pick. Akili was a QB, that was the team's biggest weakness then. Greshem will play, be average, not catch any balls, and make lots of money. Great gig for him.

Worst 1st round pick the Bengals have made this decade....Oh well, I can finally move on to being strictly a New England fan now. The Bengals are a complete joke.

Some might argue that he's the only 1st round pick of the decade.