Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville to play at the Yum Center

Featured Replies

UK will play in the new arena, and UofL will have nothing to say about it. :sssh::popcorn:

  • Replies 92
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited that NCAA tournament hoops will likely be held in the new arena, what is the mileage restriction in the NCAA?

From what I've heard they will be bringing the court along with them.

 

 

The court name, or the actual court? Surely they'll get a new court for the new arena.

The court name, or the actual court? Surely they'll get a new court for the new arena.

 

Well this particular court is only a couple years old. They had a new one made a few years back so I think this one is coming to the new arena.

UK will play in the new arena, and UofL will have nothing to say about it. :sssh::popcorn:

 

I loved when Louisville played at Rupp a few years ago. Maybe now they'll give Louisville and Kentucky that home-state advantage that UNC and Duke seem to get every year.

What a terrible, terrible name. I get so tired of stupid, meaningless corporate names that in no way, shape or form help distinguish the venue from any other. Should've been a local flavor name (no pun intended) such as Denny Crum or Muhammad Ali associated with it.

 

I don't necessarily hate the idea of a corporate name on the arena so much as I hate how it's forced me to think about what a dumb name "Yum! Brands" is for a major corporation.

Does the "Denny Crum Court"name come with the new venue?

 

It will probably change to "The Food Court"

 

:lol:

I loved when Louisville played at Rupp a few years ago. Maybe now they'll give Louisville and Kentucky that home-state advantage that UNC and Duke seem to get every year.

 

 

:thumb: That is obviously what I was talking about, and it would be great for both teams, and their fans.

The interesting part of the deal is the return trip to Butler in 2011. Wonder if the series was scheduled as a recruiting ploy.

 

UofL is/has recruited quite a few Indy kids, and they would be freshman in 2011.

We could possibly get the SEC Tournament back in Kentucky.

 

How does it make sense to play the SEC Tournament in Louisville?

Here's what I find interesting about this. YUM owns Pizza Hut. During UL events, Papa John's pizza will be sold. During non-UL events Pizza Hut pizza will be sold.

 

Interesting that YUM went along with that.

How does it make sense to play the SEC Tournament in Louisville?

Does the SEC have a team in Atlanta???

Does the SEC have a team in Atlanta???

Or New Orleans, Tampa, Memphis, etc...

 

You could also argue there is no team in Nashville either :p

Does the SEC have a team in Atlanta???
Or Memphis?

Or Tampa?

 

Edit: I was posting this as Bugatti was and got a phone call. Oops.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.