Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville to play at the Yum Center

Featured Replies

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the name of the arena...but it is going to be real nice.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That stinks. Why will they not let UK play at "The Bucket"? Seems like you would want that type of crowd in the downtown area.

 

The UK home game in Louisville has always been a product of the Fair Board, not the university. Now that UofL owns the new arena, they have no desire to let UK and their local fan base hold a big party in the latest jewel of downtown development. Is it a little spit in the eye of the archrival? Yeah, but I can't say as that I want to make UK's continuing ability to succeed in Jefferson County any easier.

 

btw... I hate that name.

It really is a horribly cheesy name...

The UK home game in Louisville has always been a product of the Fair Board, not the university. Now that UofL owns the new arena, they have no desire to let UK and their local fan base hold a big party in the latest jewel of downtown development. Is it a little spit in the eye of the archrival? Yeah, but I can't say as that I want to make UK's continuing ability to succeed in Jefferson County any easier.

 

btw... I hate that name.

The University of Louisville owns the new arena?

The UK home game in Louisville has always been a product of the Fair Board, not the university. Now that UofL owns the new arena, they have no desire to let UK and their local fan base hold a big party in the latest jewel of downtown development. Is it a little spit in the eye of the archrival? Yeah, but I can't say as that I want to make UK's continuing ability to succeed in Jefferson County any easier.

 

btw... I hate that name.

It's cool. UK should get NCAA games there fairly soon I'd hope.
The University of Louisville owns the new arena?

 

That's not correct. They do have control of scheduling, however, the way I understand it, which is not how it was under KFEC.

It's cool. UK should get NCAA games there fairly soon I'd hope.

Which I am sure played a big factor in them constructing the new arena. Not necessarily UK playing there, but acting as a tourist attraction and host city for bigger events. A UK game would be a big, money generating event.

That's not correct. They do have control of scheduling, however, the way I understand it, which is not how it was under KFEC.

That is what I figured.

What a terrible, terrible name. I get so tired of stupid, meaningless corporate names that in no way, shape or form help distinguish the venue from any other. Should've been a local flavor name (no pun intended) such as Denny Crum or Muhammad Ali associated with it.

It's cool. UK should get NCAA games there fairly soon I'd hope.
We could possibly get the SEC Tournament back in Kentucky.
What a terrible, terrible name. I get so tired of stupid, meaningless corporate names that in no way, shape or form help distinguish the venue from any other. Should've been a local flavor name (no pun intended) such as Denny Crum or Muhammad Ali associated with it.
:thumb:Agree, I also hate the comporate names.
What a terrible, terrible name. I get so tired of stupid, meaningless corporate names that in no way, shape or form help distinguish the venue from any other. Should've been a local flavor name (no pun intended) such as Denny Crum or Muhammad Ali associated with it.

Does the "Denny Crum Court"name come with the new venue?

Does the "Denny Crum Court"name come with the new venue?
It should!
Does the "Denny Crum Court"name come with the new venue?

From what I've heard they will be bringing the court along with them.

Don't particularly care for corporate names but that it the nature of the beast in the money-driven world of big-time college athletics. I guess I can live with it if it reduces the debt on the arena by $30 million, or whatever the amount is.

I just wish the arena had not been placed right on the riverfront---such a waste. I thought the city fathers were supposed to have learned their lesson after the interstate highways were constructed along the riverfront. Apparently not so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.