Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McNabb traded to the Redskins

Featured Replies

Philly has a good young WR, TE, RB, and QB, plus extra picks to improve the any holes and add depth...

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's going to be very weird next year to see McNabb in a Redskins jersey.

 

Unfortunately with this I may be cutting my ties as a fan of the Philidelphia Eagles (In the past I've cheered for both the Bengals and Eagles). I knew that this day would come but with McNabb not being there anymore (the reason I started liking them), I believe that it is time to give my 100% support to the Cincinnati Bengals.

 

There is plenty of room on the Bengal Bandwagon, welcome aboard!

 

On McNabb, this trades interests me. I wonder how McNabb will do and how Campbell will do with a new team. It could tells us a lot about both players and the Redskins organization. I love me some NFL soap opera!

Philly has a good young WR, TE, RB, and QB, plus extra picks to improve the any holes and add depth...

 

Philly is a very good drafting team, which is why I hate the fact that they got so many draft picks.

Great move for the skins.....I don't understand what the eagles are thinking. Is Kolb that good??:idunno:

 

McNabb only has 1 year left on his deal. I think they wanted to get something for him in case he opted to go the FA route after next season.

 

I think this is a HUGE mistake for the Eagles. They gave up the QB that took them to 5 AFC title games and 1 Super Bowl. The 3rd lowest career interception in NFL history. The best QB in franchise history. And did this to a divisional foe? There is a reason that GB didn't want Favre to end up with the Vikings. I have never been a Redskins fan, ... but have to admit that I will be cheering for them at least 2 times this season.

McNabb only has 1 year left on his deal. I think they wanted to get something for him in case he opted to go the FA route after next season.

 

I think this is a HUGE mistake for the Eagles. They gave up the QB that took them to 5 AFC title games and 1 Super Bowl. The 3rd lowest career interception in NFL history. The best QB in franchise history. And did this to a divisional foe? There is a reason that GB didn't want Favre to end up with the Vikings. I have never been a Redskins fan, ... but have to admit that I will be cheering for them at least 2 times this season.

 

I will be cheering for the Redskins to beat the Eagles, because I hate the Eagles more...but I also despise Donovan McNabb. So I hope he plays awful and gets benched, and Campbell comes in to beat the Eagles :lol:.

McNabb only has 1 year left on his deal. I think they wanted to get something for him in case he opted to go the FA route after next season.

 

I think this is a HUGE mistake for the Eagles. They gave up the QB that took them to 5 AFC title games and 1 Super Bowl. The 3rd lowest career interception in NFL history. The best QB in franchise history. And did this to a divisional foe? There is a reason that GB didn't want Favre to end up with the Vikings. I have never been a Redskins fan, ... but have to admit that I will be cheering for them at least 2 times this season.

 

McNabb has been injury prone over the last 5 years and I don't know how many years he has left. They say you're better to get rid of someone a year too soon than a year too late.

It's hard for for me to question any move the Eagles make but it's hard to believe they traded McNabb to a rival within the division.

The trade I get but in division I do not get. Philly spent a lot of Kolb and Like Green Bay it was just his time I suppose. I wonder how Kolb will deal with the pressure.

It's hard for for me to question any move the Eagles make but it's hard to believe they traded McNabb to a rival within the division.

 

I must agree, that the division rival part has shocked me also...

NFL.com said last week that their was a team that no one expected that was talking to Eagles, according to the Philly FO. I even told a friend that someone outside of the division will get DM.

Wow, didn't think they'd trade in conference, much less in division. Glad its finally over with though, as a Cowboys fan I was sick of hearing about it.

There is plenty of room on the Bengal Bandwagon, welcome aboard!

 

I never left the Bengals Bandwagon lol. Just shared my heart with two different teams.

 

I personally don't think that Kolb or Vick are starting QB's...IMO.

The article I read is that McNabb threatened retirement if traded to Oakland and refused to go to Buffalo even with an extension. So he essentially FORCED the Eagles to do this.

 

Because as everyone has said, it makes NO SENSE to trade him in division to a team that we know will be better over the next couple years.

 

Eagles have had a great run and maybe Kolb can keep it going, but this could be the beginning of the end for Philadelphia.

I think this makes the Division up for grabs.

 

Dallas is still the leader, but not by much.

 

G-men will bounce back to contend for the East.

 

Philly is young and explosive. Last year didn't miss a beat with Kolb.

 

The Skins get a couple more pieces and could also contend.

As a lifelong Eagle fan this whole saga with McNabb the past 5 years has been frustrating. They have been pushing Donovan out the door for some time now and I do not feel he has received the respect he deserved in Philly. On the other hand he has never cashed in on the ultimate prize.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.