Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McNabb traded to the Redskins

Featured Replies

I think this makes the Division up for grabs.

 

Dallas is still the leader, but not by much.

 

G-men will bounce back to contend for the East.

 

Philly is young and explosive. Last year didn't miss a beat with Kolb.

 

The Skins get a couple more pieces and could also contend.

They better hope they do not miss a beat at the QB position. Kolb was solid in both of his performances, but they were against the Saints and Chiefs which are teams you can pass the ball against. They were blown out against New Orleans and they handled the Chiefs.

 

Philly needs help on the defensive side of the ball. They are an extremely young team now. Not sure a single guy on the roster is from their Super Bowl team.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Philly is loading up on picks. I think this is a clear sign that the front office thought the window had closed on the current team leaders and is trying to speed up the process of making their next run... In a year or two... IMO

 

I believe Mike and Mike said that the Eagles are becoming one of the youngest teams in the NFL. I think they said they only have one starter above the age of 30 and that player is 31. So they are becoming younger but the young players are talented.

If I can improve my team the most by trading to a team in my division, then I'll do that. My goal wouldn't be to trade with a division rival, but I would seek the best deal and I'd make that trade with whoever was willing to pay the price.

 

If you are that scared of the guy you're trading, maybe you should keep him. :idunno:

I think this makes the Division up for grabs.

 

Dallas is still the leader, but not by much.

 

G-men will bounce back to contend for the East.

 

Philly is young and explosive. Last year didn't miss a beat with Kolb.

 

The Skins get a couple more pieces and could also contend.

 

I think it the division will end in the order you posted. Dallas, NY, Philly, Washington.

 

I do think the Giants can compete with Dallas though, IF they improve their defensive play. Hopefully the additions of new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, new safety Antrel Rolle, and new safety Deon Grant will help out that cause.

 

The Giants need some linebackers and defensive tackles in this draft though.

As a lifelong Eagle fan this whole saga with McNabb the past 5 years has been frustrating. They have been pushing Donovan out the door for some time now and I do not feel he has received the respect he deserved in Philly. On the other hand he has never cashed in on the ultimate prize.

 

Neither did Marino. I am not putting McNabb in that class yet, but he has taken them to the SB and to the NFC title game 5 times. I think you are right that he hasn't gotten the respect, and he has been the best QB in the history of the franchise, without question. I think that the Eagles have made a short term mistake by letting him go to a division rival with Shanahan as the new sheriff in town.

 

Kolb looking solid in 2 games, 1 of which was the Chiefs which probably doesn't count, wouldn't lead me to believe that he can help the Eagles win right now. The Redskins need to win now and this is a good fit for them. I wonder how long the Philly faithful will be on the Kolb bandwagon if the Eagles aren't better in 1-2 seasons. They are not known for their patience in the City of Brotherly Love!

I would LOVE to see him knock Philly out of going to the postseason. I don't know in my life that any player has done more for his team and been treated worse than Philly treated McNabb. All he did was go to the championships every 2 years. He played w broken ribs, broke leg etc.

I was blown away that they traded him in division. Sad that it is probably the best supporting cast he's ever had and he has to leave to a team that has 2 TE's and that's about it. Seriously think about it Thrash, Freddie Mitchell, Pinkston! That's what he had to work with! It's interesting that there wasn't a lot of market for him. He threatened to retire if he went to Oak (that's salt on the wound for Oak fans), same with Buff. Played his cards and went where he felt he could play under Shanahan. They get him a couple of recievers and it's on there. I'd go after Marshall but not sure his relationship w Shanahan.

I was hoping San Fran would give up their 2+3 since they have 2 1'. You get a LT, McNabb and a player that's a pretty solid first 3 picks!

From the Philly perspective, they have stuck with McNabb for 11 years. Still no title. Most describe insanity as trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. In that sense, I get them dumping McNabb.

 

On the other side of things, Donovan never received the respect he earned. Multiple NFC title games and they have essentially dominated the division during his tenure. Yet, starting from draft day he was booed, never brought in enough weapons for the guy to pass to, pass happy Andy Reid, and I still cannot get over the benching of McNabb 2 seasons ago.

 

I am not buying any of this "we were doing McNabb a service" talk the Eagles have been spewing.

Donovan looked odd sporting the shaved head with stache only look during his presser.

 

The NFC East should be interesting once again. Kolb has only two starts and is the only QB ever to post two 300 yd games to start his career so he's set the bar high. No fan base is going to make a decision for Andy Reid but those fans won't be patient with Kolb since Vick is on the roster. Also heard that Haynesworth may not be back in Washington, they were actually trying to move him in the McNabb deal.

Gee, Washington is giving up on Jason Campbell already? He looked like he was on the verge of coming into his own - that being an inconsistent, clueless, inaccurate, waste of a QB.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.