Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 62 Cornell 45

Featured Replies

Oh, and great effort by a really good Cornell team. They hung right in there and you've got to respect that. Glad to see that they never gave up when they easily could have. Made for a much more exciting game.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orton, not ready for the NBA and you saw that tonight.

 

Still very IMMATURE, very IMMATURE

Orton, not ready for the NBA and you saw that tonight.

 

Still very IMMATURE, very IMMATURE

 

I don't see immaturity as his problem. I think his main problem is that he is still really raw offensively.

Orton got his goal tend for the game at least.

 

Calapari must give him a quota of at least one a game. :lol:I will give Orton this, it was a really close call that could have gone either way.

Can't wait for Saturday!

 

I'm so happy the Cats are back in the elite 8, and possibly the final 4. Saturday will be a very tough game.

Great defensive game for the Cats though the offense in the 2nd half obviously left much to be desired. Elite 8 time, what more can you say. It's so good that UK is relevant again.

Orton got his goaltend for the game at least.

 

I dont even think that was a goaltend. I thought he blocked the shot at its peak.

I dont even think that was a goaltend. I thought he blocked the shot at its peak.

 

:thumb: When I saw it live I was ticked that he did it AGAIN, but on the replay it was a clean block.

Fantastic D by the Cats. The outside shots weren't falling, but a great all around performance other than that.

Orton got his goaltend for the game at least.

 

In his defense, that was the first goaltending call he has had all year that I disagreed with. It was not on the way down and was a good block. The others were extremely obvious. Not that one. Bad call IMHO. Close, but not goaltending.

I don't see immaturity as his problem. I think his main problem is that he is still really raw offensively.

 

:thumb:

 

I thought that UK played excellent defense for the 3rd straight game. Cornell was not getting many open looks. The 2nd half they let up a little and Cornell got a few more good looks and kept it interesting.

 

I have noticed something in all the games I have seen, not just this one and not just UK's games. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I thought if a player lowered his shoulder into a set defender it was a charge. I have seen that in several games and in this tourney, it is always a no call. I don't get it. I have seen some flops, as in the player went back/down with a force greater than the shoulder with which he was rammed came in, but still. Lowering a shoulder into a defender used to be a charge. I will say this though, ... the officials from site to site have been consistent in not calling this.

Wasn't pretty, but I'll take a 17 point ugly win any day of the week.

 

First time UK has made the Elite Eight since Chuck Hayes and Patrick "Big Shot" Sparks were seniors... And they lost a toughie against Michigan State. That was the 2004-05 season.

Hats off to big Cuz who kept his cool during an obvious flagrant foul in an attempt to provoke him. Man has he grown up this season or what.

:madman: I have a conflict.......

 

Git rid of it. :lol:

 

So do I...but let's just say that I'll be cancelling a few meetings lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.